Emira Full Handbook

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just FYI for all the US owners, Lotus says there will be a USA version of the Owner's Handbook shortly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 6.13.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 6.13.51 PM.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 61

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
If I can get a link to the PDF I can get a quote on the US version. I cannot imagine what would be different though?
I suppose the steering wheel will be on the left along with all the corresponding controls, maybe one or two of them in a different location.
Just visuals really.
Did mainland Europe get a different handbook?

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suppose the steering wheel will be on the left along with all the corresponding controls, maybe one or two of them in a different location.
Just visuals really.
Did mainland Europe get a different handbook?
There will likely be regional specific information such as any legislated info that needs to be included (for example the UK one has a declaration of conformity of the radio equipment for the UK market) or services (there is a section on UK + EU roadside assistance).

In addition to these there will have been a need for the appropriate language localisation for different countries in Europe, so yes they will have had a different handbook.

Stiffarm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yep, thats from the May 23 version. And I quote…
“For the first 1000 miles, only use moderate throttle openings (about half of the available accelerator pedal travel) and do not run the engine continuously at engine speeds over 4,000 rpm.
– For the first 1000 miles, use only ‘Tour’ drive mode. Do not use ‘Sport’ or ‘Track’ modes.
– For Emira 4-cylnder models fitted with the 8-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission, do not use Lotus Launch Control until 1000 miles have been exceeded.
– For automatic transmission models, avoid using kick-down.
– Occasional short bursts at wider throttle and higher engine speed will be beneficial, as will a constantly changing cruising speed and making full use of the gearbox.”…………….
I received no full owner's manual with the car. Only three short pamphlets, each with no more than 40 pages. .

Stiffarm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It would seem that Lotus seem it acceptable to not offer the full handbook unless you hand over £199 to them.

If I was able to produce them for £20 inc delivery would anybody be interested? Just trying to cover my costs if I go for a print run.
yes, send particulars--I did not get a manual, other than the stick!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
US version now available here. I am in for one please.
When I click this link I get a page with errors and links below that are for the UK August 2022 manual. Did they take it down?
(even using US site and US VPN)

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It has interim written all over it, and in running in, it states the sport and track exclusions……..interestingly under warranty, if you ever use launch control, no warranty……..not sure if that would be legal as it is an endorsed feature of the car….

tvs_1320

Reaction score
From the warranty booklet : “body panel, glass and trim adjustments may intermittently be required to prevent excessive water ingress, or noise and vibration and so should be considered as routine maintenance. “

LOL - apparently some water ingress is normal, it's only if it becomes excessive does it become a warranty issue. I wonder if the definition of "excessive" is as nebulous as "soon".

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having bought a handbook from Martylemoo and wanting to keep it in good condition, I have found a solution which others might find helpful.
I looked in various places for an A5 folder similar to that which I have for my VW Tiguan (which I knew was the right size). In the end gave up and sourced a VW folder for about £22. This folder has a VW logo embossed on it, so I then sourced a stick on vinyl lotus badge.
Folder was from partshaus.co.uk, sticker from divinehandcraft.co.uk.

Attachments

• IMG20240315134114.jpg
    IMG20240315134114.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG20240315134345.jpg
    IMG20240315134345.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG20240315134350.jpg
    IMG20240315134350.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG20240315134133.jpg
    IMG20240315134133.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 31

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Having bought a handbook from Martylemoo and wanting to keep it in good condition, I have found a solution which others might find helpful.
I looked in various places for an A5 folder similar to that which I have for my VW Tiguan (which I knew was the right size). In the end gave up and sourced a VW folder for about £22. This folder has a VW logo embossed on it, so I then sourced a stick on vinyl lotus badge.
Folder was from partshaus.co.uk, sticker from divinehandcraft.co.uk.

Looks great! Do you have links for the lazy?

Biggles of Norwich

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks great! Do you have links for the lazy?
But it looks like I may have got the last one as it shows as out of stock. Worth asking if they are restocking.
18mm newer style.
I bought 3 different ones and chose the one that looked best.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts