❔ QUESTION Emira Exhaust note vs Plack

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve a rather specific question, as I gather there are a handful of people with some real world experience of the Emira v6 now.

Is there anyone who could compare for me the exhaust note of the V6 compared to the Plack Exhaust.
I feel like this may be a shot in the dark, but there might be someone ?!

For those who haven’t heard of a Plack it’s a rather amazing exhaust for the Evora.

Link: Here

I’m not affiliated, just a fan. It’s 10/10 incredible sound.

If the plack is a 10…. The FE is a …. ?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Hard to compare from YouTube clips but the FE is a 10 for me. You can hear the change in tone when put in sport mode :p
Until we drive production ready test cars I don't think we can really know how it will sound.
Sure it will sound good stock tho and even better with minor mods 🙂

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Check out reason #3 for another short indication of the Emira exhaust sound. This is pre-prod press car BUO, so is the very final iteration before production.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When Matt Windle was down under and brought the Seneca blue prototype with him, he said that wasn’t the final exhaust and the production one will be louder.

It sounded great already so here’s hoping it will be even more meaty in final spec!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Plack appears to be a simple muffler delete using common bent-stock mild steel tubing, with an off-the-shelf twin tip unit welded on the end.

Any competent local muffler shop could weld this up for you in a short jiffy, for a lot less than the money they are asking for this. FYI the bend there by the hanger is key - cuts the high frequencies significantly by not having a straight-through. Forcing the bounce changes the sound a lot.

1660060938881.png

It's likely the same story in terms of what might work on the Emira, with a split to separated tips and support hangers.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The one thing I miss about the Maserati Ghibli I had is the startup exhaust sound it made. If you hit the sport button right after the start button, the engine positively roared to life and had this extremely deep rumble for about a couple of minutes. Driving off slowly in the garage would set off all manners of car alarms. After a couple of minutes the rumble goes away and the engine becomes much less bassy. My office was in a building with a parking garage and starting the car at the end of the day was a high point for me. Childish, yes, but I really enjoyed it.

I hope the Emira also has some bass to the rumble it gives off at low speeds. From the videos I have seen, the high RPM sound is quite good.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Check out reason #3 for another short indication of the Emira exhaust sound. This is pre-prod press car BUO, so is the very final iteration before production.

This sounds fantastic. Wait... did you just now become a moderator and a staff member? Have you always been one and I just now noticed it??? lol

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
M
The one thing I miss about the Maserati Ghibli I had is the startup exhaust sound it made. If you hit the sport button right after the start button, the engine positively roared to life and had this extremely deep rumble for about a couple of minutes. Driving off slowly in the garage would set off all manners of car alarms. After a couple of minutes the rumble goes away and the engine becomes much less bassy. My office was in a building with a parking garage and starting the car at the end of the day was a high point for me. Childish, yes, but I really enjoyed it.

I hope the Emira also has some bass to the rumble it gives off at low speeds. From the videos I have seen, the high RPM sound is quite good.

Mmmmmm Ghibli

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
M

Mmmmmm Ghibli
Yea, that car did not get a lot of love from the automotive press but it was one of the more satisfying cars I've owned. It was comfortable, powerful enough to get going, and I really felt confident slinging it around corners even with its significant weight. The styling is of that classic beauty type where the raw proportions were really done well, to the point of being almost timeless - it didn't have a bad angle. The rear is a little bland, but that's about it. The car had so many issues that it was comical, but I was really sorry to see it go. For the first 3 years, it got so much attention. People would ask to sit in it at gas stations, take pictures with it in parking lots, give me thumbs up, etc. It's also probably the only car I've owned that's noticed by women - wives pointed it out to their husbands, and I even got a couple of in-person compliments. Typically, only guys notice or care about cars. It just felt really special, not just to me.

I'm hoping to find a similar level of satisfaction in the Emira.