Emira 3.5 V6 manual vs Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 Spyder

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is a really interesting review because it’s from an independent owner who owns a GT4 Spyder and isn’t associated with a garage or magazine.
He praises everything about the Emira except it needs a bit more power and the engine doesn’t sound that amazing compared to the chassis which he said is better than the Cayman.
I kind of agree with him where it’s not quite as good as it could be with the sound and I’m not a fan of the rev limit being 6800 with a hard cut off.
To me no car is ever perfect and goes for the likes of Ferrari, Maclaren and top end Porsches as well. Lotus can’t please everyone and if they did it would probably be out of the price point for most current owners.
Based on this review I think the Emira would be as close to perfect as can be with a sports exhaust, intake and 50/60hp more with a 7200 rev limit. Ok this is probably £10k to go the 440hp/500nm JUBU upgrade or £14k for the 460hp/500nm route.
Hopefully now I’ve done the exhaust and Nitron coil overs I can do the 440 upgrade and the Eventuri carbon intake when it’s ready which combined should be 450hp. With the full ppf and ceramic it’s £20k of mods but hopefully I think it will be exactly what I would have gone for if the upgrades were possible options.

What does everyone else think is the perfect Emira?

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is a really interesting review because it’s from an independent owner who owns a GT4 Spyder and isn’t associated with a garage or magazine.
He praises everything about the Emira except it needs a bit more power and the engine doesn’t sound that amazing compared to the chassis which he said is better than the Cayman.
I kind of agree with him where it’s not quite as good as it could be with the sound and I’m not a fan of the rev limit being 6800 with a hard cut off.
To me no car is ever perfect and goes for the likes of Ferrari, Maclaren and top end Porsches as well. Lotus can’t please everyone and if they did it would probably be out of the price point for most current owners.
Based on this review I think the Emira would be as close to perfect as can be with a sports exhaust, intake and 50/60hp more with a 7200 rev limit. Ok this is probably £10k to go the 440hp/500nm JUBU upgrade or £14k for the 460hp/500nm route.
Hopefully now I’ve done the exhaust and Nitron coil overs I can do the 440 upgrade and the Eventuri carbon intake when it’s ready which combined should be 450hp. With the full ppf and ceramic it’s £20k of mods but hopefully I think it will be exactly what I would have gone for if the upgrades were possible options.

What does everyone else think is the perfect Emira?

I couldn't agree more. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Emira but an extra 40/50hp is all it needs to be perfect. If Lotus had offered a tuning upgrade as an option I would have gone for it 100% but not now or at the prices quoted and certainly not under warranty.

Last edited:

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm afraid this is not a 718 Spyder (GT4 equivalent), but a 981 Spyder. It did not have the special GT4 treatment as the 981 Cayman GT4 got, just to put this into persepctive.

Other than that I agree Emira needs some extra horses. I will probably go with Komo-Tec one day.

It's hard to resist to all those group-buy events tbh regarding carbon fiber bits and bobs, though. :sneaky:

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts