Emira colours - seeing cars at Hethel

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What is Flex? Is it a coating?
They are building polishing machines. I thought they are known worldwide 🤭
@Bilbao-Emira indeed they are even more known for angle grinders :) In Germany the brand name Flex is used synonymously for angle grinder. Most people don't even know that angle grinder is the correct name for those funny little tools.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They are building polishing machines. I thought they are known worldwide 🤭
@Bilbao-Emira indeed they are even more known for angle grinders :) In Germany the brand name Flex is used synonymously for angle grinder. Most people don't even know that angle grinder is the correct name for those funny little tools.
I was guessing it's what we call in Spain RotaFlex, maybe the name comes from the original manufacturer?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Anyone else worried about swirls and scratches on gloss black roof? I have bits of it on my Macan and even though it’s ceramic coated, glossy black surfaces tend to show more imperfections.
I plan on getting clear ppf on my black roof which will eliminate all chances of getting scratches and swirl marks.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've narrowed down my colour choice to Seneca blue with black leather interior, yellow calipers black pack V6 manual transmission.
However, I would be very interested if Lotus offered a pearl or metallic white with a black pack, amazing contrast.
Is there any chance Lotus will offer for base cars a metallic/pearl White??

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 2594
First picture was my full build originally, with body color roof. Second picture is with black roof. Both with res interior and brake calipers. I agree with you that it is exotic looking and think that from the outside, red interior matches well. Not sure when sitting inside as I have only had black leather interiors.
CarGuy07 1.png

CarGuy07 1a.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those of you who went to Hethel and saw the Magma car, how close is this? Not bright enough? Not enough red?

PBR Magma test.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you @Eagle7! Helps made my decision of no black pack easier. Too many colors with black roof and they don’t flow well. The continuity of body colored roof and red seats look fantastic!
It is a fine looking car; vibrant, spicy, delicious. You will be the envy of many, I assure you!
CarGuy07 2.png
CarGuy07 2a.png

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there any chance Lotus will offer for base cars a metallic/pearl White??
I heard a rumour there will be a white in the extra colours added for Base and others have heard this too. But they haven't finalised the extra set yet and it's not certain if it'll be solid, metallic or pearl. I think it would be a mistake if they didn't have a white and a black in the extras but we'll have to wait and see.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does Lotus do any kind of UK Delivery like German marquees do with Euro Delivery?
Do you mean collect your car from the factory and ship it yourself? I asked Lotus about this last week, as I knew of one US buyer who wanted to collect from Hethel, do a driving tour around Europe and then ship the car home to the US. They thought it would be extremely difficult to do, as it would require registration in the UK if you intended to drive it here and that could mean having to UK register rather than US register. Complexities then about re-registration into the US and taxes in each country.

But if you think other marques have done it then it may be feasible.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those of you who went to Hethel and saw the Magma car, how close is this? Not bright enough? Not enough red?

View attachment 2599
That's close, based on viewing it from that perceived distance and the limitations of a render. In that outdoor sunlit setting some of the directly-lit surfaces would have more metallic lustre and the flake would be slightly more visible as granules. But the colours is good.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you mean collect your car from the factory and ship it yourself? I asked Lotus about this last week, as I knew of one US buyer who wanted to collect from Hethel, do a driving tour around Europe and then ship the car home to the US. They thought it would be extremely difficult to do, as it would require registration in the UK if you intended to drive it here and that could mean having to UK register rather than US register. Complexities then about re-registration into the US and taxes in each country.

Multiple European car companies allow this. I have done it on multiple occasions with German auto makers. It is generally time limited – I think Bmw restricts you for two weeks. They give you registration, insurance, and then when the car is imported into the US it’s actually imported as a used car. That saves them significant taxes I believe. Look up European delivery experience.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Multiple European car companies allow this. I have done it on multiple occasions with German auto makers. It is generally time limited – I think Bmw restricts you for two weeks. They give you registration, insurance, and then when the car is imported into the US it’s actually imported as a used car. That saves them significant taxes I believe. Look up European delivery experience.
Useful info, hopefully that gives @CarGuy07 some pointers. I guess it will depend on how much has to be done by the manufacturer versus the individual. I know Lotus are gearing up to handle UK registrations themselves as part of the new direct sales channel, so it may be feasible.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yes, precisely that. @PaulP provided more details. I’ve done it a few times with German marques which was wonderful. With BMW, you can extend the insurance but they cover it for 2 weeks, $0 deductible, and takes care of all paperwork needed to ship car back to your local dealership in the US. All one needs to do is to drop the car off at any of the many spots across Europe.

I have never been to Scotland or Ireland and would love to collect the car in Hethel and drive it around the UK for a few weeks. It’s like bonding time between parents and child. 😝