Emira colours - seeing cars at Hethel

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Tom was the white on the Emira you saw regular solid white or metallic/pearl white?

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Red leather. 100%. Not even a hint of doubt,
It will also look epic with or without the Black Pack - which is not true, in my opinion, of all the colours.

Nimbus was even better than we had already hoped for. That touch of bronze as an almost sublime level turned it into a jaw dropper.

Confirming Tom's kind inclusion of my comments on another forum, none of us should worry. The car continues to look sensational in any colour really, it just has that presence and curvature. The play of shadows on the front bonnet air-ducts was the highlight for me. Just wow.
You guys aren't making my colour choice any easier! Haha, thanks for the lovely, descriptive write-ups guys.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE, I’ve had my concerns about Magma Red since I saw the disks just before Christmas. It seemed so dark, and very maroon… not terribly sporty at all. Do you think the car will present as “sporty” in Magma? I’m concerned enough to delay my order for a year or two and get the bright red.
Yes, I think you'll see it as a sporty colour if you think Lotus Fire Red is also sporty. Magma Red is similar to Fire Red but not identical. It's really hard to capture how the paint changes and the metallic aspect, but this render from Eagle7 is very close to how it looks in terms of colour and what it appears like from this kind of viewing distance in average lighting:

Magma Latest.png

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks Tom (and others) for sharing your experience! Been lurking around for a few months since placing a deposit at Boardwalk Lotus here in Bay Area. Finally some movement with this adventure.

Curious: would red interior be too much with Hethel yellow and black pack? Flip flopping on red vs brown interiors. Originally wasn’t going with black pack but I am leaning towards it now.

Thanks,
Kenny

It'll work but it's quite a bold choice. Bear in mind if you specify coloured leather interior there are still significant areas of black leather, so it's not like it's all-red inside. The guidance from the Lotus design team is that both red and tan leather interiors are "not recommended" with Hethel Yellow. But it's a massively personal thing and I think almost any combination is going to be fine.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hethel Yellow: not the same as previous Lotus yellows but does have a characteristic mustard tone to it, which gives it warmth. Bright but not lemon bright. It's not metallic but that really shouldn't be a concern. Do not get this colour unless you are prepared for every journey to need extra time to talk to everyone who stops to talk to you about the colour and the car. It is bold and bright, but not "flashy", which I put down to the mustard warmth. Can't wait to get mine!

Here are some screenshots of Hethel Yellow in CSR2. It looks like your description sounds. Would you say this is pretty accurate? Not metallic, yet very glossy and liquidly with a hint of gold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123-104659_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-104659_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20220123-104654_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-104654_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_20220123-104637_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-104637_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_20220123-105126_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123-105126_CSR Racing 2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 169
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting. Are they saying that's supposed to be Hethel Yellow? Because I thought Lotus had collaborated with the designers of that game and it looks to have too much gold and not enough yellow/mustard.

I saw an earlier pic from the same game, which is much closer to what I saw:
CSR2 Hethel Yellow.jpeg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Tom (and others) for sharing your experience! Been lurking around for a few months since placing a deposit at Boardwalk Lotus here in Bay Area. Finally some movement with this adventure.

Curious: would red interior be too much with Hethel yellow and black pack? Flip flopping on red vs brown interiors. Originally wasn’t going with black pack but I am leaning towards it now.

Thanks,
Kenny

I like Hethel Yellow with red interior and black pack. I think the red interior will create a true exotic look. What would be the wheel and caliper colors?

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It'll work but it's quite a bold choice. Bear in mind if you specify coloured leather interior there are still significant areas of black leather, so it's not like it's all-red inside. The guidance from the Lotus design team is that both red and tan leather interiors are "not recommended" with Hethel Yellow. But it's a massively personal thing and I think almost any combination is going to be fine.
Thanks Tom! The fact that it’s red with a lot of black led me to think it can work. However, like you said, they are both bold (and perhaps contrasting) colors. I like the pop but perhaps too much. Will play with the new configurator and decide.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like Hethel Yellow with red interior and black pack. I think the red interior will create a true exotic look. What would be the wheel and caliper colors?
EB20FD3A-2A1A-42DF-AAB9-5B38708C57B6.jpeg

First picture was my full build originally, with body color roof. Second picture is with black roof. Both with res interior and brake calipers. I agree with you that it is exotic looking and think that from the outside, red interior matches well. Not sure when sitting inside as I have only had black leather interiors.

Attachments

• 1B832461-F0A7-4D9E-A68D-9208EB0E897A.jpeg
    1B832461-F0A7-4D9E-A68D-9208EB0E897A.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 71

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thanks Tom! The fact that it’s red with a lot of black led me to think it can work. However, like you said, they are both bold (and perhaps contrasting) colors. I like the pop but perhaps too much. Will play with the new configurator and decide.
I've gone for yellow and the red interior, you know why? Because that's what I want,I am buying the car for Me,so don't worry about what "everyone else" would think.

If you're thinking of resale issues then I wouldn't bother buying one in the first place.

Buy it for you,how you want it 😁

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've gone for yellow and the red interior, you know why? Because that's what I want,I am buying the car for Me,so don't worry about what "everyone else" would think.

If you're thinking of resale issues then I wouldn't bother buying one in the first place.

Buy it for you,how you want it 😁
Yep, agreed. Lots of people I know are not fans of yellow and were telling me it attracts cops and such, but I’m still going with yellow (my first!). :)

The only thing is not being able to see it in person so perspective from someone that has seen the colors in person was appreciated. I went back to configurator and the red seats are quite bright. I do like the Bordeaux interior on the Porsche Spyder a lot and was thinking dark red would be nice. We’ll see when the new configurator comes online.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 2594
First picture was my full build originally, with body color roof. Second picture is with black roof. Both with res interior and brake calipers. I agree with you that it is exotic looking and think that from the outside, red interior matches well. Not sure when sitting inside as I have only had black leather interiors.
To me it looks so much more exotic with the black roof the black pack.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lol...everyone says not to worry about resale. Until they have to sell it and nobody else wants it or it commands a lower price due to the color combinations. I see this in "custom" built houses a lot.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anyone else worried about swirls and scratches on gloss black roof? I have bits of it on my Macan and even though it’s ceramic coated, glossy black surfaces tend to show more imperfections.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just get a Flex. It might happen, but it should be an easy fix, especially on the roof.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think yellow with red leather and red callipers will look really cool.
It is a stand out car so why not have a stand out spec.
You should see what I am doing.... :ninja:
I agree with this. Pretty much my thinking.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts