emira acceleration

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I had a 2011 335i (N55) with an ECU tune from Cobb. More than fast enough for the road and not bad on track either. Just a joy to drive, but not the best on a bumpy twisty B road.
I had same without Cobb and still quick! šŸ˜ šŸ˜ You are right about bumpy roads though. As soon as i stopped my motorway commute it had to go... šŸ˜”
FB_IMG_1634847295863.jpg

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had same without Cobb and still quick! šŸ˜ šŸ˜ You are right about bumpy roads though. As soon as i stopped my motorway commute it had to go... šŸ˜”View attachment 7216
it would quickly loose composure and skip about when it got bumpy, those Germans with their perfects roads :rolleyes:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
it would quickly loose composure and skip about when it got bumpy, those Germans with their perfects roads :rolleyes:
Yup skip is the word! My M2 Comp was better, but still not great.. Won't have another Beemer unless it comes with an adjustable damper set up

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Bunches of excuses but this is spot on what carwow got as well. This car is just not fast and itā€™s very sad

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Bunches of excuses but this is spot on what carwow got as well. This car is just not fast and itā€™s very sad
Not fast in what way? What use are/were you planning to use the car for?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It will be as fast as any other 400bhp rwd 1450kg car
I dont doubt once rolling it will feel fast enough.
Nothing manual and RWD without launch control launches well enough to put down decent 0-60s

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Nothing manual and RWD without launch control launches well enough to put down decent 0-60s
I have launch control from the factory on my daily and I've used it maybe 5 times just to see what it was like in various conditions.

Who's launching their vehicles these days anyway? Red light racers? I rarely even see that anymore. And I haven't been to a drag strip in over a decade.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I have launch control from the factory on my daily and I've used it maybe 5 times just to see what it was like in various conditions.

Who's launching their vehicles these days anyway? Red light racers? I rarely even see that anymore. And I haven't been to a drag strip in over a decade.
This is last thing I saw that was actually funny on Top Gear/Tour...
šŸ˜†

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
No it's not. It's much slower than my 2008 m3 which is 400 hp and weighs 600 lbs more. A GTS 4.0 does 100-200kph in well under 10 seconds....That's a massive difference

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No it's not. It's much slower than my 2008 m3 which is 400 hp and weighs 600 lbs more. A GTS 4.0 does 100-200kph in well under 10 seconds....That's a massive difference

We have to wait for production cars and official figures. But you take a car that's the same weight, power and has same driven wheels and it's all going to be very similar.... At the end of the day its basic physics
BMW quote 4.7 sec to 60mph for the manual E92 M3

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We have to wait for production cars and official figures. But you take a car that's the same weight, power and has same driven wheels and it's all going to be very similar.... At the end of the day its basic physics
BMW quote 4.7 sec to 60mph for the manual E92 M3

Yup. My E92 M3 was slower than the emira.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2007 335i. It was certainly very fast, but heavy and the handling wasn't very good despite the firm suspension that came with the sports package. I autocrossed with it a few times and the times were terrible. There was an M coupe in our region that was just ungodly fast.

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard that isn't true and if you spent 5 minutes on Google you could figure that out. Peak Hp is not nearly important as power under the curve. And @Mctaff I said 100-200kph. Which the Emira is slower than the e9x M3. I always take a hiatus from this place because you're all absolutely clueless and have no desire to cure your ignorance. None of what I said is debatable; the fanboyism here is that of a political party

Last edited:

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@Leonard that isn't true and if you spent 5 minutes on Google you could figure that out. Peak Hp is not nearly important as power under the curve. And @Mctaff I said 100-200kph. Which the Emira is slower than the e9x M3. I always take a hiatus from this place because you're all absolutely clueless and have no desire to cure your ignorance.

No need to be a dick!

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Mctaff seems to be the only way any of you listen. I have been saying this exact tune for over 9 months and everyone acted like I was crazy. Now that the reviews are out and the performance numbers are abysmal and the reviewers echo all my sentiments people start to actually pay attention. It's pretty frustrating trying to have a conversation with others who constantly deny facts and agree with the people that are 100% wrong, with no actual data to disprove real data

vision

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Mctaff seems to be the only way any of you listen. I have been saying this exact tune for over 9 months and everyone acted like I was crazy. Now that the reviews are out and the performance numbers are abysmal and the reviewers echo all my sentiments. Now people start to actually pay attention. It's pretty frustrating trying to have a conversation with others who constantly deny facts and agree with the people that are 100% wrong, with no actual data to disprove real data
WOW, it's only a car?

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Iā€™ve had an M3 and it was greatā€¦ yes the GTS is faster than the base and may be faster in a straight line than the emira over speeds most people will never doā€¦

But so what? I donā€™t careā€¦ I guess most others donā€™t either

Iā€™m not buying the emira so I can get into dick swinging acceleration debates, Iā€™m buying it cause I like interesting cars!

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Iā€™ve had an M3 and it was greatā€¦ yes the GTS is faster than the base and may be faster in a straight line than the emira over speeds most people will never doā€¦

But so what? I donā€™t careā€¦ I guess most others donā€™t either

Iā€™m not buying the emira so I can get into dick swinging acceleration debates, Iā€™m buying it cause I like interesting cars!
Because you canā€™t. Emira is not fast. I guarantee you if it was super fast, people would feel the exact opposite. Speed does matter and while itā€™s not blisteringly fast, it hopefully will come within acceptable standards.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Because you canā€™t. Emira is not fast. I guarantee you if it was super fast, people would feel the exact opposite. Speed does matter and while itā€™s not blisteringly fast, it hopefully will come within acceptable standards.

My m3 and my vantage were both plenty fast enough for me, at 4.8 to 60mphā€¦. I like to drive, not hang on!