• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Driver seat issue

Link to The Metal House website. I used the smallest size 6mm x 3mm.

You used this one?

You used this one?

Yes. I already had some of this left over from a different application and it works well for protecting the seat leather where it contacts the hard plastic edge at the side of the seat. However it would probably benefit from some form of adhesive to hold it in place.

You used this one?

I used this one that I purchased on Amazon...worked perfectly.

1716767274873.png

My seats weren't marked but yall scared me into doing this. Thanks!

Do you have a link to a specific product? Very interested in something that dries matte!

Revealing my detailing secrets but happy to share with the lotus family.

Warm water, not a lot of pressure. Ninja pad suds really fast. Microfiber cloth to wipe clean. Keep folding towel to get clean surfaces to remove dirt. The scrubber and griots will clean well and leave surface clean. Leather masters conditioning applied with microfiber towel or applicator pad. Let dry preferably in a hot car for a day. Wipe it down the next day with damp microfiber cloth. Good as new. Enjoy.

I clean with griots regularly. Only use leather masters a few times a year.

Cleaning:
Amazon product
Protection:
Amazon product
Scrubber:
Amazon product

Do you have a link to a specific product? Very interested in something that dries matte!
Reading the owners handbook it says a damp cloth with mild soap. And that using leather creams and conditioners will void the warranty.

Reading the owners handbook it says a damp cloth with mild soap. And that using leather creams and conditioners will void the warranty.
I researched at one point and got into the types of leather and surface coatings and what conditioners work with what coatings, etc. I settled on leather masters and it's worked for me on BMW nappa leather with the coatings they use. I have not used this on Lotus seats yet.

@seriously I don't doubt it. Just reporting what I read. Honestly I'm somewhat dismayed by the "everything voids the warranty but don't mind the flaws" attitude they seem to be leaning into. It seems way more like a company that is aware the product isn't reliable and they're trying to take every opportunity to absolve themselves of responsibility.

@seriously I don't doubt it. Just reporting what I read. Honestly I'm somewhat dismayed by the "everything voids the warranty but don't mind the flaws" attitude they seem to be leaning into. It seems way more like a company that is aware the product isn't reliable and they're trying to take every opportunity to absolve themselves of responsibility.
It’s great to point out. Lotus ownership is new to me.

It’s great to point out. Lotus ownership is new to me.
I posted earlier that both our seats at less than 500 miles were defaced by the plastic trim panel. My wife was the only one to sit in the seat, she weighs 135 and only sat in the car three times. The plastic trim actually cut through the surface of the leather on her side. Took it to dealer, he took picture sent it to Lotus. Waited for two weeks for an answer and finally got one: not covered.

I posted earlier that both our seats at less than 500 miles were defaced by the plastic trim panel. My wife was the only one to sit in the seat, she weighs 135 and only sat in the car three times. The plastic trim actually cut through the surface of the leather on her side. Took it to dealer, he took picture sent it to Lotus. Waited for two weeks for an answer and finally got one: not covered.
That’s honestly insane. Ridiculous.

Hello everyone, I find this response unacceptable because many people have noticed it. this defect in the plastic material surely came from China because unfortunately lotus is Chinese now!!! the lotus customer lotus service is deplorable Philipe

@Cobra 427 where the part comes from had no bearing on it. QC in Hethel should have caught this and corrected it. And at the very least they should be correcting it now after the numerous complaints. All they need to do is deburr the seat edge. It's really quite sharp. But if it takes a class of complaints maybe that's what they'll finally respond to.

Thought I’d share my experience with everyone following this thread now that I got to see my car this week. The condition of the seats look way worse than I thought they’d be and this is before I sat in my car once. Even the side bolsters look like they have some wear from inconsiderate clowns getting in and out. Pointed this out to the gentleman handling my delivery but they basically said there’s nothing they can do and recommended I start a case with Lotus customer care or something….unacceptable frankly.

IMG_3327.jpeg
IMG_3328.jpeg
IMG_3329.jpeg
IMG_3332.jpeg