Dream spec Emiras

EdwardDripp

Reaction score
emiraconcept.png

Lotus-Emira-8rear.png

I very clumsy put together exactly how I would want my Emira to look. Yes I know the GT4 spoiler might be a stretch. But the Novitec F8 N-largo wheels look amazing on this car and run the same bolt pattern! Considering Vossen made them, it probably wouldn’t be hard to order an offset that fits.

*EDIT: Added front lip, rear diffuser, rear angle. I know the wing is messed up but I couldn’t find the right angle.

(ignore the FM intercooler lol)

Last edited:

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 31968
I very clumsy put together exactly how I would want my Emira to look. Yes I know the GT4 spoiler might be a stretch. But the Novitec F8 N-largo wheels look amazing on this car and run the same bolt pattern! Considering Vossen made them, it probably wouldn’t be hard to order an offset that fits. I should probably add a JUBU front splitter and rear diffuser, but you tell me!

(ignore the FM intercooler lol)
I love the Novitec F8 n largo wheels! Looks great under the emira.. they are a bit pricey tho.. 2,5k usd per wheel.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Johnson created a great dream spec over in this thread by swapping the Emira's wheels with the ones from the Ferrari Purosangue. 😍 Amazing what a difference just swapping the wheels makes!

wheels.jpg

As for myself, my dream spec for the Emira is and continues to be, ordering my Emira in Krypton Green, Isotope Green, or Verde Scandal. And this would be so easy to do on Lotus' part — why won't they allow us customers to pay extra $$$ for the option of a custom paint colour?

9-verde-scandal-lamborghini.jpg

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Johnson created a great dream spec over in this thread by swapping the Emira's wheels with the ones from the Ferrari Purosangue. 😍 Amazing what a difference just swapping the wheels makes!

View attachment 31999

As for myself, my dream spec for the Emira is and continues to be, ordering my Emira in Krypton Green, Isotope Green, or Verde Scandal. And this would be so easy to do on Lotus' part — why won't they allow us customers to pay extra $$$ for the option of a custom paint colour?

View attachment 32001
You can colour ppf this for max 5k.. buy a uniform colour (grey/black/dv) and change for cheaper to whatever colour you like.. this way you have the colour you want, the car is protected, and when you want to sell it it has a colour that would sell easier than this green color

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can colour ppf this for max 5k.. buy a uniform colour (grey/black/dv) and change for cheaper to whatever colour you like.. this way you have the colour you want, the car is protected, and when you want to sell it it has a colour that would sell easier than this green color
I understand what you're suggesting with ordering a neutral colour + wrapping it, but in my view wraps of any kind suck because:
  • they basically only look good from 100+ feet away
  • up close, I find that they lack the depth & shine of a proper factory paint job, and you can almost always see the folds / creases / cuts around the edges of the car's body panels
  • any wrap job carries the risk of damage to the vehicle
  • and maybe I'm an obsessive details-oriented person, but I would want my car's exterior colour to cover the ENTIRE body surface (i.e.: inside the engine bay, inside the door sills, underneath the boot lid, etc.), and not only the surfaces that are outwards-facing. To me this is part of the fun of owning & experiencing a vehicle.
Also, if you think a Krypton Green would be hard to sell then clearly you haven't watched the used market for Krypton & Isotope Green-coloured Lotus Elises & Exiges, where examples will get snapped up in literally 24 hours. ;)

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I understand what you're suggesting with ordering a neutral colour + wrapping it, but in my view wraps of any kind suck because:
  • they basically only look good from 100+ feet away
  • up close, I find that they lack the depth & shine of a proper factory paint job, and you can almost always see the folds / creases / cuts around the edges of the car's body panels
  • any wrap job carries the risk of damage to the vehicle
  • and maybe I'm an obsessive details-oriented person, but I would want my car's exterior colour to cover the ENTIRE body surface (i.e.: inside the engine bay, inside the door sills, underneath the boot lid, etc.), and not only the surfaces that are outwards-facing. To me this is part of the fun of owning & experiencing a vehicle.
Also, if you think a Krypton Green would be hard to sell then clearly you haven't watched the used market for Krypton & Isotope Green-coloured Lotus Elises & Exiges, where examples will get snapped up in literally 24 hours. ;)
Dont get me wrong, i love that color however I am no so sure how it will look on the emira as it is a more descent looking car and not a wild/raw as an exige or elise.

I agree that wrapping is not nice.. but there is a huge difference in a wrap vs ppf if done correctly a ppf has 10 years warranty (imagine the weather and temp here yearround) alternatively it you a really detailed guy (like myself) I suggest you do a color dip on the body.. they paint and lack it exactly like a factory paint in a spraybooth.. when you done you can peel it off.. see some vids on YT with bloggers such mrjw.

Again I love the colour and to make it work on the emira there has to be some contrasting body parts in black color like the bonnet sideskirt of a roofscoop.

All I want to say is.. dont bother it emiras color options the aftermarket is there fore you. If you fed up change the colour.. thats my plan. Grey on order but the minute it comes it will color ppf it

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Dont get me wrong, i love that color however I am no so sure how it will look on the emira as it is a more descent looking car and not a wild/raw as an exige or elise.

I agree that wrapping is not nice.. but there is a huge difference in a wrap vs ppf if done correctly a ppf has 10 years warranty (imagine the weather and temp here yearround) alternatively it you a really detailed guy (like myself) I suggest you do a color dip on the body.. they paint and lack it exactly like a factory paint in a spraybooth.. when you done you can peel it off.. see some vids on YT with bloggers such mrjw.

Again I love the colour and to make it work on the emira there has to be some contrasting body parts in black color like the bonnet sideskirt of a roofscoop.

All I want to say is.. dont bother it emiras color options the aftermarket is there fore you. If you fed up change the colour.. thats my plan. Grey on order but the minute it comes it will color ppf it
I'm always intrigued to hear about new aftermarket methods for changing vehicle colours; do you have any links for these colour dipping / colour PPF jobs that you describe?

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm always intrigued to hear about new aftermarket methods for changing vehicle colours; do you have any links for these colour dipping / colour PPF jobs that you describe?
Please check this website.. a leading company in Dubai who does many exotic cars… the vids will show their insta page which is cardip_uae

Here is the link to their website to get an idea what they can do with peellable paints. Even supercarblondie had done her RR here if im not wrong.

Link to website: CARDIP

OP
EdwardDripp

EdwardDripp

Reaction score

View attachment 31999

View attachment 32001
I love the Purosangue wheels on it almost looks EV like lol. then you show people you have a MT with hydraulic steering. lol

OP
EdwardDripp

EdwardDripp

Reaction score

View attachment 31999

View attachment 32001
verde-emira.jpg

Here you go :)

MikeR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Each to their own taste and its great that we have choices but after 7 weeks and 5000 miles in 6 countries I am 100% delighted with my chosen spec (V6, auto, touring, nimbus, upper black pack, privacy glass, tan leather, silver wheels, black callipers, leather steering wheel, extended warranty, factory collection). The only additions that I would like to have had available to order would be adaptive cruise control, wireless iPhone charging and a heated steering wheel (once enjoyed, never forgotten).

IMG_7134.jpeg

Last edited:

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Each to their own taste and its great that we have choices but after 7 weeks and 5000 miles in 6 countries I am 100% delighted with my chosen spec (V6, auto, touring, nimbus, upper black pack, tan leather, silver wheels, black callipers, leather steering wheel, extended warranty, factory collection). The only additions that I would like to have had available to order would be adaptive cruise control and a heated steering wheel (once enjoyed, never forgotten).

View attachment 32447
After having the adaptive cruise on my last two “Geely” Volvos , I must admit std cruise is not great , I understand it was supposed to have it , but due to the chip shortage it got canned.

AMKV28

Reaction score

I disagree, if you find a proper company to wrap your car, it should last you a good three to five years, provided you maintain the car. Look up this colour on the Emira. It is the closest match to the F1 Aston Martin Pearl dark Green by Avery Dennison

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I love the green one!
1697516057316-png.32431

Ye man, that would be a tough military look. The rear engine vent louvers can change the attitude of the car without competing with the body lines if done correctly. Curiosity added the graphic dot array, which is a modern alt to the traditional race stripes.

the Emira "E" and arrow shapes in Lotus latest graphics are interesting too as potential subtle touches.
1697938811579.png

AMKV28

Reaction score
Anyone able to photoshop the Aston Martin F1 colour Pearl Dark Green for Emira. It is from Avery Denison wraps. Would appreciate it just to see how it looks. Here is the link:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score