Bought dream car from when I was 8

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The first memory of a car other than my dads brown 280E Mercedes Benz (which he claimed was the fastest of the village 😂 ...) was a black Honda CRX ED9 I saw around the late 80s on a supermarket car park.

I honestly remember how I said to myself that I will own one of these super cool looking cars one day.

My first CRX was actually my second car ever, an amazingly original red 1984 AF (the first series) I bought from the first owners for 700 Deutschmark.

519B6AE7-E8B2-49F6-BD85-D5180CC31E88.jpeg

(Not my actual car, random pic from internet)

Sold this to a guy from Denmark (via old Honda forums) who bought it because this model was his first new car ever.

Bought finally a black ED9 afterwards which I lowered, put bigger wheels on it and added the obvious boy racer JDM exhaust plus a small 30cm Momo steering and a Sony Minidisc radio!
E0C3226B-615C-40FB-BCE3-66097D9A5123.gif

(My actual car - see the No Fear sticker 🤦🏻‍♂️😅)

Had to sell this one because I needed the money at the time, I later heard that the engine had a fatal issue a few months later.

And now I finally found my old dream car again - a VTEC CRX from 1991 (EE8) in original condition with only 70000 km on it. Freshly repainted in original colour, new suspension and in excellent condition with full service history.

The car only had two owners and is fully stock! Cannot wait to give it a nice maintenance and refresh so I can spin the engine as it was meant to be - up to 8250rpm! 🙌🔥

In my opinion the CRX is one of the finest hot hatch cars ever. Pure driving excitement in true Lotus spirit. Lightweight, excellent suspension and focussed. Will never sell it again!

6F3E09BA-8E26-40AA-A0F5-13298186A2A8.jpeg

987EC16D-95EC-4E31-A107-D66A58B1F519.jpeg
BBACEBA2-3CD7-4DB5-A937-F39B3869899C.jpeg
2FAA1B46-36BE-4568-9A31-B41F6F779DC7.jpeg
002589F3-EA1F-4078-9017-5210C68C173C.jpeg

Last edited:

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s a great story!

And my first own car was also a CRX (EE8) back in 1999! :)

I loved this car, in black with black leather. Of course with Mohr exhaust, Borbet wheels and Momo steering wheel.

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I loved this car, in black with black leather. Of course with Mohr exhaust, Borbet wheels and Momo steering wheel.
Awesome! I only had an EE8 for a few weeks as a loaner from a friend back then. Yes - Mohr was king! The sound is insane, bit too much for my liking today.

Did you do the intake hose mod? The intake noise of a CRX is something else. At least that's how I remember it, not sure how it would stack up against my Esprit for example in comparison. The Esprits Lotus 907 is brutal for a 4cyl.

But you weren't registered in the old hondapower.de forum, were you? @TomAce Would be funny if we were already hanging out in the same car communities in the early 2000s.

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome! I only had an EE8 for a few weeks as a loaner from a friend back then. Yes - Mohr was king! The sound is insane, bit too much for my liking today.

Did you do the intake hose mod? The intake noise of a CRX is something else. At least that's how I remember it, not sure how it would stack up against my Esprit for example in comparison. The Esprits Lotus 907 is brutal for a 4cyl.

But you weren't registered in the old hondapower.de forum, were you? @TomAce Would be funny if we were already hanging out in the same car communities in the early 2000s.
Well, tuning mods were some kind of short ram air intake from the US. In 98 I was in Atlanta for a kind of school exchange and I got to know those magazines like Sport compact car and the likes. Then I was sold and into modding with short shifters and all you could do to these little pocket rockets.

Of course I was on hondapower.de and hondaholics back then... ;)

CRX_Seite.jpg

and one from the follwing EG6:
Civic_Motorraum_B16A1.jpg

OP
hml_xy

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@TomAce Ha, okay... I didn't have access to any of that. Ebay was the best bet. And the MaxPower shop in Oberhausen, but most of the stuff was out of my league at that time.

You remember the guy from Duisburg with the super heavily tuned Civic EG6 (carbon hood, Integra engine swap, massive rims and what not). He was kind of the king of Hondapower, I don't remember his name but I believe he had polish roots. Marek maybe? His girlfriend was also on the board with her (also very impressive) Civic.