Doug Demuro Review

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Like nails scratched on a black board, not sure if everybody from Denver sounds like him. His accent and pronunciation makes him very hard to watch.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So not a C8 or a Cayman! Sounds perfect because you could not give me either one of those. :unsure:

OP
Aero

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's the TLDR version?
He said he liked it but weary of Lotus brand and support basically. Didnt trash the car at all. Said the shifter could be better. Compared to the Cayman of course and said the Emira did several things better.

He'd done a semi favorable review of the Evora a few years ago so wondered if he'd like the Emira.
Didnt hear him mention that the Evora used the same powertrain. Just that the engine was the Camry one.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
What's the TLDR version?
It's pretty okay, matches the Cayman GTS 4.0 for weekend, less ideal as a daily due to quality/dealership concerns. Overall much better than expected.

He prefers the Camry engine to Porsche's 4 liter because of torque.

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Didnt hear him mention that the Evora used the same powertrain. Just that the engine was the Camry one.
He said that briefly in the beginning as part of the statement that the Emira is an "all-new car" (🙄).

Personally I think this was a pretty good review and a very fair take on the Emira. He even said it handles better than a Cayman.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don’t find Doug as credible as some of the others, I will take more notice of Jay Leno’s take on the Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1678817489309.png

Personally, I would modify on the Emira the following scores:

Styling : 8
Handling: 9
Cool factor: 8
Quality: 7

And that brings my score to 67 !!!

Right on the top! Plus a cool year 🤣

OP
Aero

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Usually Doug is more thorough and detailed on this reviews. It seemed to me that he sped through his Emira review. He did mention he only got the car from Lotus for 1/2 day (more than actual USA buyers are getting so far) Didnt hardly drive the car much either (compared to normal)

Jay Leno reviews are great to watch but he can't be too objective since he always has the corporate/manufacturing rep there with him. He loved the Evora when he drove it though.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Styling only a 7, tying the Nissan Z? Doug should get his eyes checked. (though maybe he just hates the black pack and finds it cliche, as I do)

I think the Nissan Z's styling score is just wrong. He did like the styling of the Emira, but just felt that it was too generic. I think what he is getting at is that looking at it, one can't immediately tell what it is, the way you can a Porsche or McLaren. This is especially true of the back, which has the least amount of character.

OP
Aero

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the Nissan Z's styling score is just wrong. He did like the styling of the Emira, but just felt that it was too generic. I think what he is getting at is that looking at it, one can't immediately tell what it is, the way you can a Porsche or McLaren. This is especially true of the back, which has the least amount of character.
I just noticed he gave the Z the same styling score as Emira :eek: I really dont like the look of new Z at all. I'd given the Z a 1/10 and Emira a 9/10. I really wanted to like the new Z since I have a 240z. Felt like they really missed the mark on it. (maybe had my hopes too high)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
where's @emiraspain comments on this review... looks like he scored it fairly high. Perhaps an 8/10 overall... but ya 7/10 for styling?

quoting Doug "it looks like a mclaren or a Ferrari" . Yet still scores styling a 7. Makes no sense. He had some Porsche biased in their 100%.

Besides the styling error (IMO)..... review was spot on on everything he said. He likes the car, doesn't trust the brand.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Everything about this guy is accentuated or awkward. Movements, voice… maybe not strange to our American friends, but definitely weird to the rest of the world.

Nothing new in the review, but a good potential buyer overview. I’d argue that the “generic” look of the car is evidence of good design — nothing to detract from the overall statement.

A car that “runs on gas”… still makes me chuckle.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Everything about this guy is accentuated or awkward. Movements, voice… maybe not strange to our American friends, but definitely weird to the rest of the world.

Nothing new in the review, but a good potential buyer overview. I’d argue that the “generic” look of the car is evidence of good design — nothing to detract from the overall statement.

A car that “runs on gas”… still makes me chuckle.

He is not normal for an American, but a Californian. We put up with Californians against our better judgement.

Every country/culture has their quirks and features, so I don't mind the way Doug talks so much after I get past the initial bit of irritation. Him and Shmee.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
He is not normal for an American, but a Californian. We put up with Californians against our better judgement.

Every country/culture has their quirks and features, so I don't mind the way Doug talks so much after I get past the initial bit of irritation. Him and Shmee.

Doug isn't from California here, he only just recently moved here -- man is from Denver.