• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Video shows parking lot packed with Emiras

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Shame there is no overhead shot but seems like Seneca is the most common color in that lot.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Not my car! Saw this on YT and was surprised to see so many Emiras ready in the lot in Hethel.
Me too ! Think I might have just spotted my car ! 🤣
5E42D035-D770-4BEE-9071-1AB6D87678F8.jpeg

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And this one maybe mine, going through checkout at the moment 🤗 the magma one if it’s an auto

Attachments

• AD249743-B91C-4EC2-91AA-6E15D28A7C48.jpeg
    AD249743-B91C-4EC2-91AA-6E15D28A7C48.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 70

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe wrongly but I was under the impression they come off the production line and make their way straight to dealers/customers etc

Wonder how long these sit outside in the rain for? Seems a lot of cars

Hethel Merman

Reaction score
Maybe wrongly but I was under the impression they come off the production line and make their way straight to dealers/customers etc

Wonder how long these sit outside in the rain for? Seems a lot of cars
Could they be waiting for parts or software or something?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They will be held there either for missing parts (but less of an issue now than Dec/Jan) or while waiting for the logistics company to take them to BCA or docks for non-UK cars.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me too ! Think I might have just spotted my car ! 🤣View attachment 24398
I love your spec. I didn't go with the DV (Nimbus) but I did the same wheels and yellow calipers! The green sure is classy but I wanted something a bit brighter. However, I'd take yours in a heartbeat, too. I wish they did the diamond cut wheels without the perimeter gaps (full silver circular edge instead) because I love the look of them otherwise. For me, the diamond cut wheels look too much like wheels styled for an EV.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really don't understand why Lotus still hasn't constructed a multilevel car park for this purpose. They aren't even that expensive, there are companies that construct them entirely from prefab concrete, as kits.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I really don't understand why Lotus still hasn't constructed a multilevel car park for this purpose. They aren't even that expensive, there are companies that construct them entirely from prefab concrete, as kits.
Maybe the construction company told them they'd be getting one soon! But seriously, I am not super familiar with the landscape of the UK, obviously not as spacious as in America, but here we have tons of caves that you can pay to drive many, many cars into for storage. The climate in there barely changes and the rent is cheaper than a storage unit per month. Lots of people use them in the winter up north. Is something like that not an option in the UK?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not many caves in East Anglia. If you dig a big hole it fills up with water and they call it a broad.
There is plenty of room at Hethel. From those images it looks pretty much the same number of cars as when I picked up my Emira in mid Feb. There is a big soft skin building they have constructed where many are stored.
If you think about it, if you can see 100 cars that only represents a few days production ready to be shipped.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am going to Hethel for pick up on the 13th April - I’ll have a look round the car park if I am allowed and see how many autos I can spot and LHD vs RHD.
@Emirahep assuming you do the factory tour when you go to pick up your car, please check out their production status board where they indicate number of cars produced vs. their target. I saw it in the Harry’s Garage video when he picked up his car. I’m sure we’d all like to know their current rate of production, which I’ve heard is around 15 cars per day., as well as total number produced to date.

OP
Wizardwings

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Emirahep assuming you do the factory tour when you go to pick up your car, please check out their production status board where they indicate number of cars produced vs. their target. I saw it in the Harry’s Garage video when he picked up his car. I’m sure we’d all like to know their current rate of production, which I’ve heard is around 15 cars per day., as well as total number produced to date.
I believe someone mentioned they took this down and it's not visible on the tour anymore.