• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

GTA Lotus (Greater Toronto Area)

Have you received your Emira?

• Total voters

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to start this post as it seems I’m unable to find a solution to adding members to the message thread on PPF in GTA. This would be a good spot to carry on any discussion on that matter, as well as any delivery / Emira experiences, possible get togethers, mods etc.

@Lotustoronto @whupwhup @Maffu313 @themeatbaron @Emira2222 @73JPS @nickorette @John777 @old dusty @Lineofcontrol @Moparman @Captain.Kirk

@D4speed @DV3M1RA @eriegz - not sure if any of you are in GTA or elsewhere?

Last edited:
OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Who here has their VIN or believes their Emira has been built, and has yet to take delivery?

Any tips or suggestions from those who’ve taken delivery?

whupwhup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Who here has their VIN or believes their Emira has been built, and has yet to take delivery?

Any tips or suggestions from those who’ve taken delivery?
I have a VIN - I dont know what state my car is in - being built or totally built. But based on Nova's sheets - the VIN numbers literally 1 before me and 2 after me are on boats. For some reason, my car was skipped.

once I get it - I plan to PPF the high impact areas at a shop that Ive used in the past for my other cars (All In Detailing in Mississauga). I ordered a 3rd cat delete and front plate mount from GRP (both items arrived yesterday). I ordered a Militek Valve Controller from Eurosport in Burlington - it's backordered till June.

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I saw the theead title, I totally thought it was a new open-world videogame by Rockstar which had been announced but repeatedly delayed…
Unintended click-bait!

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a VIN - I dont know what state my car is in - being built or totally built. But based on Nova's sheets - the VIN numbers literally 1 before me and 2 after me are on boats. For some reason, my car was skipped.

once I get it - I plan to PPF the high impact areas at a shop that Ive used in the past for my other cars (All In Detailing in Mississauga). I ordered a 3rd cat delete and front plate mount from GRP (both items arrived yesterday). I ordered a Militek Valve Controller from Eurosport in Burlington - it's backordered till June.
My understanding is unlike other manufacturers if you got a VIN the car is built. Same as you there have been VINs past mine - Canadian cars have been skipped intentionally. Not to delay Canadian cars but because I think they are shipping Canadian cars in their own batches. The last ship that arrived about a week ago was primarily Canadian cars and appears to have included early Canadian FE1 cars that were missed in the initial shipment (initial was about 60 and had some FE2s with FE1s missing), this seems to have cleaned up the missing FE1s and those will probably begin to arrive at dealers in the next week.

For rest of us that have FE2 orders which is at least 2:1 for Canadians vs FE1s as FE1s were more limited for Canadians, let’s hope they come sooner than later! There are currently 2 ships on the water from Liverpool arriving in the next week - someone in the US was informed that their Emira is on the water, fingers crossed one of them has Canadian FE 2s, I know mine has been built for around 2 months now…

nickorette

Reaction score
My Emira arrived March 21st, but between PDI and ppf, didn't start driving until last Friday

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_222813_983.jpg
    IMG_20240502_222813_983.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20240502_223111_700.jpg
    IMG_20240502_223111_700.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240502_221554_229.jpg
    IMG_20240502_221554_229.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20240502_221840_779.jpg
    IMG_20240502_221840_779.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 44

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to start this post as it seems I’m unable to find a solution to adding members to the message thread on PPF in GTA. This would be a good spot to carry on any discussion on that matter, as well as any delivery / Emira experiences, possible get togethers, mods etc.

@Lotustoronto @whupwhup @Maffu313 @themeatbaron @Emira2222 @73JPS @nickorette @John777 @old dusty @Lineofcontrol @Moparman @Captain.Kirk

@D4speed @DV3M1RA @eriegz - not sure if any of you are in GTA or elsewhere?
Thanks for creating this thread! I would love to get to know all the other local Emira owners.

Overall, my experience has been really great with Gentry Lane (at least since the cars actually arrived on North American soil). I've driven 800km on the car so far, and had no issues until yesterday when I got the common HVAC problem that has plagued a lot of UK and US cars. GL said they have the blower motor resister part in stock which would fix the issue. They've caught 2 cars who needed this part replaced during their PDI.

For some reason though, the blower fan started working normally again today and I haven't had issue with it since. So, it seems to be intermittent (at least on my car). Either way, GL has scheduled me in to have this replaced next week. Not a big issue to me, esp since it's been identified and a solution is in place.

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My Emira arrived March 21st, but between PDI and ppf, didn't start driving until last Friday
Beauty! So my buddy (not a car guy) claimed he saw a gorgeous green Lotus on the Gardner about 1-2 weeks ago. Assumed it was yours as the only DV delivered at Gentry (although could have been an Oakville one). Maybe he saw an Evora, or did you take it outside for PPF?

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for creating this thread! I would love to get to know all the other local Emira owners.

Overall, my experience has been really great with Gentry Lane (at least since the cars actually arrived on North American soil). I've driven 800km on the car so far, and had no issues until yesterday when I got the common HVAC problem that has plagued a lot of UK and US cars. GL said they have the blower motor resister part in stock which would fix the issue. They've caught 2 cars who needed this part replaced during their PDI.

For some reason though, the blower fan started working normally again today and I haven't had issue with it since. So, it seems to be intermittent (at least on my car). Either way, GL has scheduled me in to have this replaced next week. Not a big issue to me, esp since it's been identified and a solution is in place.
Heard it before in this forum from others that they’ve shut the car off and next day it was working.

Someone earlier on the forum in the UK claimed they had the AC issue and it was a harness issue that due to placement required 15 hours of labour and would have been an extremely costly job. I’m not sure if there are various parts that have failed here or they’ve just now found a real fix that’s not as big of a deal. GL told me it’s a blower thing too and someone else who had the issue said GL was able to get it fixed pretty quick. So I’m not too worried as long as it’s resolved and there’s a fix under warranty period (even if I don’t trigger the issue - say I barely take it in the rain and issue doesn’t present until years later), my only concern is there’s no permanent fix and this is a recurring costly issue out of warranty.

themeatbaron

Reaction score
Heard it before in this forum from others that they’ve shut the car off and next day it was working.

Someone earlier on the forum in the UK claimed they had the AC issue and it was a harness issue that due to placement required 15 hours of labour and would have been an extremely costly job. I’m not sure if there are various parts that have failed here or they’ve just now found a real fix that’s not as big of a deal. GL told me it’s a blower thing too and someone else who had the issue said GL was able to get it fixed pretty quick. So I’m not too worried as long as it’s resolved and there’s a fix under warranty period (even if I don’t trigger the issue - say I barely take it in the rain and issue doesn’t present until years later), my only concern is there’s no permanent fix and this is a recurring costly issue out of warranty.
For me being 3 1/2 hours away from the dealer. I am hoping this gets resolved and they take a pre active approach on fixing it.

nickorette

Reaction score
Beauty! So my buddy (not a car guy) claimed he saw a gorgeous green Lotus on the Gardner about 1-2 weeks ago. Assumed it was yours as the only DV delivered at Gentry (although could have been an Oakville one). Maybe he saw an Evora, or did you take it outside for PPF?
Haven't been on Gardiner yet, picked up on 26th from my detailers in Mississauga (had it trucked to them), drove to Montreal and back that weekend. This week, just been on 401 to Yorkdale and then DVP to downtown today :)

Last edited:

nickorette

Reaction score

My HVAC fan not working properly.
, it's either off completely or full blast. Heating and cooling works though. Sometimes the fan starts on it's own, maybe my Emira is possessed.

Gentry said it was blower motor, either way going to get looked at when I bring in after break-in

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My HVAC fan not working properly.
, it's either off completely or full blast. Heating and cooling works though. Sometimes the fan starts on it's own, maybe my Emira is possessed.

Gentry said it was blower motor, either way going to get looked at when I bring in after break-in
It's a common and well-reported problem. I would suggest giving GL a quick call to give them a heads up, so they know how many of their parts are going to be used up and can restock before they run out. As I understand it though, they've already pre-emptively ordered enough for this part to be replaced on all the emiras they've delivered.

nickorette

Reaction score
It's a common and well-reported problem. I would suggest giving GL a quick call to give them a heads up, so they know how many of their parts are going to be used up and can restock before they run out. As I understand it though, they've already pre-emptively ordered enough for this part to be replaced on all the emiras they've delivered.
Yes I asked they set one aside for me :)

Maffu313

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Been reading up on the USA/Canada delivery thread, and it's insane how much the freight/pdi fees have gone up in the past month. Any one take delivery recently at Gentry? Are they still around the $5k mark? Seems like Montreal has upped their price to match Vancouver/Calgary and are now at approx $8.5k for total fees. Anyone hear anything about Oakville?

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Been reading up on the USA/Canada delivery thread, and it's insane how much the freight/pdi fees have gone up in the past month. Any one take delivery recently at Gentry? Are they still around the $5k mark? Seems like Montreal has upped their price to match Vancouver/Calgary and are now at approx $8.5k for total fees. Anyone hear anything about Oakville?
You were just below 5 right?

OP
DF_Toronto

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One would hope as new production occurs they just take care of the problem at the factory, obviously this issues isn't one off's
Wonder if they are fixing these in the UK before shipping for the cars that haven’t been put on ships yet - it does appear there is some delay in ships hitting the water when cars have been sitting in Hethel that have been built for 2 months…