One thing I really like about Doug and his reviews is that he does not go to the events that the manufacturers pay for. There is a video he has done where he explains that manufacturers fly the "influencers" to exotic locations, pay for everything, and then expect them to be able to write a review without any bias, like the fact that they have just had a nice vacation for free. Doug does not go along with that, and doesn't think you can write a fair review after that. I agree. This does not apply to this review, but explains (to me at least) why most reviews of new cars are very favourable.
I thought his Emira review was perfect. He thought the car was for people willing to take a chance on Lotus. And that is so true. I took a chance with my deposit a long time ago. Then gave up, as many have, on Lotus.