❔ QUESTION Does the car scrape easily?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
Does the Emira scrape easily?
Like moreso than a Porsche 911?

Sorry I realize that is kind of a hard comparison without knowing both cars.

The emira seems to sit a bit high and I want to lower it slightly, but, I don't want to if it will scrape more than the 911 that I've had in the past.

-

According to google search, the 911's ground clearance is

The emira's is 5 inches.

So that gives me a half inch to play with.. it seems.

But I am not sure if "ground clearance" is the proper way to check the height of the front lip.

Thanks a lot.

JCOz

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Lucciddaydream

I have a driveway that slopes down. My stock standard 997 CS, hits the front splitter if I don't get the angle perfect.

The Emira does not seem to have any issues.

In comparing the two, the 997 seems to have more overhang than the Emira, especially in the front, centre of the car.

Subw00er

Reaction score
I believe I read it had a better approach angle than a Boxster. Its pretty good, I went over stuff I would have scraped on with my other cars, and it didn't.

emira-approach-angle (1).png

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 28

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe I read it had a better approach angle than a Boxster. Its pretty good, I went over stuff I would have scraped on with my other cars, and it didn't.

View attachment 39862
That spec sheet is old. The approach angle is close to 9 degrees. The car does not have the rubber lip shown on that picture.

Bear Dalton

Reaction score
IMO - I would keep it the way it is. It was designed at this height to make it more daily-able. I find that it is very nice to not have to scrunch-up as I feel the cars pain pulling in and out of areas. Most exotics and prior generation Loti, we would have to drive around the lot to the back road to go out instead of pulling in and out of the front lot. The ease of just doing whatever is quite nice really. I also haven't found any inability of handling that would lead me to want to alter the suspension. I dunno, man, I think it's pretty awesome the way it is.

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
16 months of ownership and I'm yet to scrape, which is saying something considering the speed bumps around our area. In standard spec I don't think scraping is an issue.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Have not scrapped anything yet.
The rubber lip on the Evora GT was for me a problem scraped many time.
I had to replace it at least 4 times and reattached at least another 5 or 6 times

Subw00er

Reaction score
I scraped for the first time yesterday! I thought it was one of those little bumpers under, but there was not a mark on the front lip anywhere! I looked back and it actually had hit that little plastic piece in front of the front wheels. Its weird that something so far back hit first, but I can see why they made it that way.. less chance of breaking the bumper on that more solid area, and the plastic pieces are probably really cheap to replace.

Stiffarm

Reaction score
I scraped for the first time yesterday! I thought it was one of those little bumpers under, but there was not a mark on the front lip anywhere! I looked back and it actually had hit that little plastic piece in front of the front wheels. Its weird that something so far back hit first, but I can see why they made it that way.. less chance of breaking the bumper on that more solid area, and the plastic pieces are probably really cheap to replace.
I have scraped several times over uneven driveway approaches, concrete swales and ramps. I added SLIP LO pieces to the underside of the spoiler just for protection.