❔ QUESTION Does the car scrape easily?

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there
Does the Emira scrape easily?
Like moreso than a Porsche 911?

Sorry I realize that is kind of a hard comparison without knowing both cars.

The emira seems to sit a bit high and I want to lower it slightly, but, I don't want to if it will scrape more than the 911 that I've had in the past.

-

According to google search, the 911's ground clearance is

The emira's is 5 inches.

So that gives me a half inch to play with.. it seems.

But I am not sure if "ground clearance" is the proper way to check the height of the front lip.

Thanks a lot.

OP
luciddaydream

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Fil

Reaction score
Hi there
Does the Emira scrape easily?
Like moreso than a Porsche 911?

Sorry I realize that is kind of a hard comparison without knowing both cars.

The emira seems to sit a bit high and I want to lower it slightly, but, I don't want to if it will scrape more than the 911 that I've had in the past.

-

According to google search, the 911's ground clearance is

The emira's is 5 inches.

So that gives me a half inch to play with.. it seems.

But I am not sure if "ground clearance" is the proper way to check the height of the front lip.

Thanks a lot.
That 1/2” would possibly make the difference of scraping or not scraping. Mine does not scrap but I would not risk lowering it.. It could also possibly affect handling Maybe? Lotus spend a lot of time and money developing the car’s handling and performance. They know what they are doing. IMO. Just saying.
If you want to change it.. go for it.

Stiffarm

Reaction score
daily mine and car parks and inclines i would never attempt in my m4 from a few years ago, never scraped.
I have scraped mine a few times but have yet to determine where and can't find any damage to the from valance or further inboard where the bolts extrude from the under pan. Nevertheless, I applied Slip Lo delrin sections along the lower edges of the front valance for protection.. I did note that Lotus installed two black rubber hockey puck type rub inserts spaced between each edge of the valance and the center and which are roughly 6 inches behind the leading edge.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone have a picture of this?
240302-FrontHockeyPucks03.jpg
240302-FrontHockeyPucks02.jpg

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Doesn’t scrape easily in my short experience so far.
Yes the emira scrapes I have done it 2 in less than 400miles. However it is not the front painted section or the little blank strip in the middle. Mine has two small black humps in front of the wheels the have scratches on them right and left. I will take a picture and post Tuesday. Fishing 🎣

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was thrilled when I finally got my car home and did not scrape the front end going up or down this ramp.

View attachment 39605
That looks positively like front-splitter nightmare fuel... if you can make it up and down there, I'm feeling pretty chill about everywhere I visit on a regular basis!