Do I change colour now the delays have extended? Help needed!

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a V6 FE Auto in Senaca, fully loaded, confirmed for April, which Lotus kindly moved from July, September, and November...........now sunny April or.......who knows!

I have warmed to Lotus Yellow but never had a yellow car. Is it butter or lemon yellow?

Would you stay with Senaca or move to yellow? Decisions. Lotus know this delay is creating doubt and indecisiveness with these delays, lol.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
both the best two options IMO.
I wanted Seneca but went for yellow as i thought 'everyone' would go blue.
I was worried that i had gone full black pack but now im convinced it will be the right choice.
If Lotus called and said we have an identical car in seneca cancellation ready now I would probably go for it. Both look spot on (y)

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Embrace the HY - mid life crisis in full. I think the Seneca blue is a bit overplayed by manufacturers. Yellow is more "exclusive".

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't know where exactly you are located. Talk to your dealership first and see if this change would even cause a delay. I am going through a small change on my locked-in spec and nobody has said anything about a delay yet. Keyword "yet".

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a V6 FE Auto in Senaca, fully loaded, confirmed for April, which Lotus kindly moved from July, September, and November...........now sunny April or.......who knows!

I have warmed to Lotus Yellow but never had a yellow car. Is it butter or lemon yellow?

Would you stay with Senaca or move to yellow? Decisions. Lotus know this delay is creating doubt and indecisiveness with these delays, lol.
Hethel Yellow has a hint of mustard. Check out the HY photos thread. It’s a very traditional colour for Lotus, so if you find an Elan, Esprit, Elise, Exige or Evora in Norfolk Mustard, Saffron Yellow, Solar Yellow etc they are all similar. Colmans Mustard is a Norfolk company, hence the connection. Not at all citrusy.

The warmth of the mustard tone seems to make people happy rather than envious! Expect lots of positive attention and people wanting to stop you and talk about the car.

Seneca Blue is a great colour too but for me the metallic flake isn’t strong enough and from a distance the car looks like a solid colour.

I have two Lotus cars in Laser Blue, which is properly and brightly metallic. I would’ve gone for Seneca if it was closer to Laser Blue but it’ll look odd next to the other cars. Plus I promised myself a traditional Lotus colour for my next Lotus and HY ticks that box more than Dark Verdant.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I would be worried that if you make ANY changes you could miss out on delivery this decade

SPoivre

Reaction score
I went with the blue because I have had three yellow cars in the past but never a blue car. In addition, I have a preference for metallic over solid colors.

I think the yellow is a great color and would have been a no brainer if I hadn't owned yellow cars in the past.

I think you should go for the yellow. You'll smile everyday you look at it. You will never be in a bad mood and the Brotherhood of Yellow will shine down on you.

Last edited:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I went with the blue because I have had three yellow cars in the past but never a blue car. In addition, I have a preference for metallic over solid colors.

I think the yellow is great color and would have been a no brainer if I hadn't owned yellow cars in the past.

I think you should go for the yellow. You'll smile everyday you look at it. You will never be in a bad mood and the Brotherhood of Yellow will shine down on you.
Blue is metallic?

OP
roundincircles

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hethel Yellow has a hint of mustard. Check out the HY photos thread. It’s a very traditional colour for Lotus, so if you find an Elan, Esprit, Elise, Exige or Evora in Norfolk Mustard, Saffron Yellow, Solar Yellow etc they are all similar. Colmans Mustard is a Norfolk company, hence the connection. Not at all citrusy.

The warmth of the mustard tone seems to make people happy rather than envious! Expect lots of positive attention and people wanting to stop you and talk about the car.

Seneca Blue is a great colour too but for me the metallic flake isn’t strong enough and from a distance the car looks like a solid colour.

I have two Lotus cars in Laser Blue, which is properly and brightly metallic. I would’ve gone for Seneca if it was closer to Laser Blue but it’ll look odd next to the other cars. Plus I promised myself a traditional Lotus colour for my next Lotus and HY ticks that box more than Dark Verdant.
That's very helpful Tom, Thanks. Maybe I need two Emiras

OP
roundincircles

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would be worried that if you make ANY changes you could miss out on delivery this decade
I concur. Thus a question has been posed, ie what would happen to my build date if I changed body colour and stitch colour. The CS person was very pragmatic regarding the implications and seemed to (now) have a direct line to Clive, the production planner. I cannot tell a lie.

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

A Hethel Yellow car will brighten your (autumn) day... :) Photo taken today.

The Seneca Blue was my choice No. 1 but my teenage son persuaded me to order Hethel Yellow. I saw a Seneca Blue car last week and must definitely say the Hethel Yellow is better. Seneca Blue is very nice on rendered photos but isn't so nice in the reality.

20221103_144249.jpg

Crown

Reaction score
Now my i4 FE Seneca blue is saying November 2023 , way later than I ever imagined!!
. I’m now in the position to go for the colour I really want , which is Aspen white , I’ve seen a preproduction car at the factory , loved the play of white and black contrast .
Didn’t really care my order was for a first edition, it was just a way to get the car quick , so I thought 🤣 and I never really wanted any of the 6 colours .
I’m going to call customer support tomorrow and ask to switch to a base edition in white .

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Now my i4 FE Seneca blue is saying November 2023 , way later than I ever imagined!!
. I’m now in the position to go for the colour I really want , which is Aspen white , I’ve seen a preproduction car at the factory , loved the play of white and black contrast .
Didn’t really care my order was for a first edition, it was just a way to get the car quick , so I thought 🤣 and I never really wanted any of the 6 colours .
I’m going to call customer support tomorrow and ask to switch to a base edition in white .
Nothing to lose, all to gain! 🥰

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I dont even know what to say...
I appreciate others opinions, but in terms of colours.... really......?

I think the numbers speak for themselves.... grey is not popular at all..... DV is but .... its way way too dark to even be green 95% of the time.
All the other colours look great... IMO...which means nothing to you and your opinion, go with your first instinct and that of your wife ;).

Ive had a yellow car... If I were single.. and I am... I would not get another yellow car.....

potential girlfriend convo:

him...that is me: "I'll pick you up at 8."
her...that is my imaginary potential g/f: "Oh you have a car, what car do you have?"
me again: "Well, (playing it cool) it's a L O T U S." said slowly.
her...wanting to be picked up even more: "Oh wow, that sounds great. What colour is it?"
me, proudly about to announce HY: "Its yellow."
her...: "haha. No really, what colour is it?"
me... oh dear.... : "Yeh, its really yellow."
her...: ".............................................."

oh well, on to the next one.... maybe if she's colour blind it will work out...

no single woman wants to be driven around in a yellow car.... come on..... maybe in a beatles submarine, but a yellow car....
No woman wants the car to stand out more than she does....

BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I think the numbers speak for themselves.... grey is not popular at all..... DV is but .... its way way too dark to even be green 95% of the time.
All the other colours look great... IMO...which means nothing to you and your opinion, go with your first instinct and that of your wife ;).

Ive had a yellow car... If I were single.. and I am... I would not get another yellow car.....

her...that is my imaginary potential g/f: "Oh you have a car, what car do you have?"
her...wanting to be picked up even more: "Oh wow, that sounds great. What colour is it?"

no single woman wants to be driven around in a yellow car.... come on..... maybe in a beatles submarine, but a yellow car....

BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The classy girls want a guy with a Shadow Grey car. Not kidding! ;)

SPoivre

Reaction score

BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Well, Here’s the actual version. Inspired by a true life story.

Him: playing myself “ I’ll pick you up at 8. Wear something yellow so you match my car. Purple works too”

Her: future wife “Great, I have just the thing to wear. What color are your calipers “

Him: “ Red with black wheels.”

Her: “ Cool, I’ll wear some red earrings and black shoes then. What kind of car is it?”

Him: “… it’s a Lotus Emira”

Her: “ Wow, I love British cars. I used to have a McLaren but it was orange... My ex had a grey Porsche. He was as dull as his car. By the way, come a little early, I want to show your car to my folks. My dad has a yellow MG and my mom has a yellow VW…I think you’ll get along.”

Last edited: