• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Do I change colour now the delays have extended? Help needed!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, Here’s the actual version. Inspired by a true life story.

Him: playing myself “ I’ll pick you up at 8. Wear something yellow so you match my car. Purple works to”

Her: future wife “Great, I have just the thing to wear. What color are your calipers “

Him: “ Red with black wheels.”

Her: “ Cool, I’ll wear some red earrings and black shoes then. What kind of car is it?”

Him: “… it’s a Lotus Emira”

Her: “ Wow, I love British cars. I used to have a McLaren but it was orange... My ex had a grey Porsche. He was as dull as his car. By the way, come a little early, I want to show your car to my folks. My dad has a yellow MG and my mom has a yellow VW…I think you’ll get along.”
Love this 💛🥰😁

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Him: playing myself “ I’ll pick you up at 8. Wear something yellow so you match my car. Purple works too”

Her: future wife “Great, I have just the thing to wear. What color are your calipers “

Her: “ Cool, I’ll wear some red earrings and black shoes then. What kind of car is it?”

Her: “ Wow, I love British cars. I used to have a McLaren but it was orange... My ex had a grey Porsche. He was as dull as his car. By the way, come a little early, I want to show your car to my folks. My dad has a yellow MG and my mom has a yellow VW…I think you’ll get along.”
If she’s anything like her mom with the yellow VW then definitely not a keeper 🤣

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success even just to change from privacy to non privacy surely this could be accommodated as Lotus have our best interest at heart ❤️ and want happy customers not grumpy 😠 ones full of regret 😢
Maybe 🤔 12th time lucky 🍀 if I now ask for this change ……

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The classy girls want a guy with a Shadow Grey car. Not kidding! ;)
Shadow Grey is the George Clooney of Emira colours :)

...which I had mentioned before, when trying to describe the colours after my January factory visit and before many people had seen them in real life. Still seems fairly accurate:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The classy girls want a guy with a Shadow Grey car. Not kidding! ;)
you mean they want an accountant?.... also in a grey suit no doubt.......not gone dogging......or even catting.....or even heavy petting........
With life full of colours.... why chose one thats neither here nor there......neither black nor white....just in between...
BE BOLD..... haha....

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Him: playing myself “ I’ll pick you up at 8. Wear something yellow so you match my car. Purple works too”

first of all, its very very very loosely inspired by true events as you are way off getting your emiraaaaa.
Next your wife is clearly a few crisps short of a packet if she likes british cars, they are awful......
However, I do appreciate her comment on GREY porsches, as she helps to back up my previous attack a few posts back.
Her parents...similarly crazy it would seem.... the MG< was it .....is it (since this is all real!) a Miget? I'd say its not an MGA as that would be brave for a 60's car *but looks good. MGB with US rubber bumpers in black would look very 80's.... but Im sticking my neck out and going for a miget (in the back of my mind B..... but not GT)
It would have been cooler with reference to the calipers, if she then coordinated the colour of her underwear, rather than her ear rings and shoes, in that case I would have married her on the spot!
ALthough she did have a Mclaren, so thats almost enough reason to marry her.... depending

SPoivre

Reaction score
first of all, its very very very loosely inspired by true events as you are way off getting your emiraaaaa.
Next your wife is clearly a few crisps short of a packet if she likes british cars, they are awful......
However, I do appreciate her comment on GREY porsches, as she helps to back up my previous attack a few posts back.
Her parents...similarly crazy it would seem.... the MG< was it .....is it (since this is all real!) a Miget? I'd say its not an MGA as that would be brave for a 60's car *but looks good. MGB with US rubber bumpers in black would look very 80's.... but Im sticking my neck out and going for a miget (in the back of my mind B..... but not GT)
It would have been cooler with reference to the calipers, if she then coordinated the colour of her underwear, rather than her ear rings and shoes, in that case I would have married her on the spot!
ALthough she did have a Mclaren, so thats almost enough reason to marry her.... depending
It’s a completely true story in the “ Hollywood” sense. I.e. it’s not even remotely true but no one cares as long as it’s entertaining.

And yes…I completely ripped you off on the story line but…well..that’s Hollywood too, I guess.

Finally, you are dating yourself..nobody wears underwear anymore. It’s so passé. It’s like putting an old engine and transmission in an ultramodern car. Who would do that?

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It’s a completely true story in the “ Hollywood” sense. I.e. it’s not even remotely true but no one cares as long as it’s entertaining.

And yes…I completely ripped you off on the story line but…well..that’s Hollywood too, I guess.

Finally, you are dating yourself..nobody wears underwear anymore. It’s so passé. It’s like putting and old engine and transmission in an ultramodern car. Who would do that?
no one wears underwear... boy.. i must be getting old and out of touch...
I will see with the next colombiana how true that is...... :)