i4 delays and V6 not selling?

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Received this from Lotus Surrey regarding i4 test drive:

There has been another delay unfortunately. i4 Demonstrators and customer cars are now due to be arriving in September. As far as I am aware the lead time is still c.18 months from placing your deposit but I would estimate that every time there is a delay in the start of production, you could add that delay (e.g. a month) onto your lead time.

We actually have 7 unregistered V6s available (cancelled orders from Lotus). These are still being sold by Lotus, we are just facilitating the sales process, so they won’t have any dealer mark up on them. They were built before the price increase came into effect, so they are all £6000 less than a new one is now. Let me know if you would like to discuss this option further.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just as I thought cancelled orders being sold by lotus at 80k problem is you can get one with 500 mile on for less.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Received this from Lotus Surrey regarding i4 test drive:

There has been another delay unfortunately. i4 Demonstrators and customer cars are now due to be arriving in September. As far as I am aware the lead time is still c.18 months from placing your deposit but I would estimate that every time there is a delay in the start of production, you could add that delay (e.g. a month) onto your lead time.

We actually have 7 unregistered V6s available (cancelled orders from Lotus). These are still being sold by Lotus, we are just facilitating the sales process, so they won’t have any dealer mark up on them. They were built before the price increase came into effect, so they are all £6000 less than a new one is now. Let me know if you would like to discuss this option further.
That is frustrating. My build was supposed to be Sept and I was just behind the very earliest i4 deliveries. Not sure if this means another month later or more? I am trying to ignore the car and the delays but it is hard.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Is it that the early Lotus buyers are not wanting just a Lotus, but their own Lotus? What accounts for the pre-price-increase FE units just sitting?

How many of those 15000 global orders are true orders? And by true orders I mean orders where a customer takes a car home rather than let it go or flip.

Last edited: