• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Dilemma Second Hand NSX 100K or New Emira?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Pistonheads advertising a second hand Honda NSX (new model) for 100K, while new Emira's might be worth 90K. Does this temp anyone?
It would be tempting for me. Here an NSX is over double the price!

OP
Rollerskate

Rollerskate

Reaction score
The downside is that the NSX is a much heavier car, but you are getting nearer Supercar Performance and the NSX is being made in such small numbers it would be a good investment. I am still hankering for an Emira-a Lotus you can actually get in and out of comfortably!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was in front of one the other day and to be honest it didn't have as much presence as I thought I thought it was a lexus at first. Did top gear review it some 4 years ago and said the Honda Type R hatchback was as quick on the track?

Last edited:

Bertelli

Reaction score
The new NSX has never done it for me, I'm sure its very quick & capable but its a heavy thing. I had an original NSX up until last year (I sold it to buy the emira) and it was utterly brilliant. I hope the emira captures some of its magic.

OP
Rollerskate

Rollerskate

Reaction score
The new NSX has never done it for me, I'm sure its very quick & capable but its a heavy thing. I had an original NSX up until last year (I sold it to buy the emira) and it was utterly brilliant. I hope the emira captures some of its magic.
I think it will- having had an S1 and S2 Exige I am hoping that the Emira will retain the driving feedback and immersive experience of the lighter cars I have owned before.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The downside is that the NSX is a much heavier car, but you are getting nearer Supercar Performance and the NSX is being made in such small numbers it would be a good investment. I am still hankering for an Emira-a Lotus you can actually get in and out of comfortably!

FWIW.. The newer NSX is ~600lbs heavier than the Emira FE, but also +200HP/183TQ more with a ~2.7s 0-60.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Pistonheads advertising a second hand Honda NSX (new model) for 100K, while new Emira's might be worth 90K. Does this temp anyone?
Definitely love a fast
Honda. My EP3 with 106k on the clock was incredibly well built and refused to blow up even after many track days and hard use. Still going today with its new owner 8 years on with 130k+ on it

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I do like the NSX and the depreciation hit makes it more attractive. Assuming it is only a couple years old, seems like a great alt. Looks are still good, just different than Emira .. but all subjective. The extra HP compensates for the extra heft. Overall it is great option

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was in front of one the other day and to be honest it didn't have as much presence as I thought I thought it was a lexus at first. Did top gear review it some 4 years ago and said the Honda Type R hatchback was as quick on the track?
Just saw one over the weekend, and maybe it was just because it was white, but I thought the same thing. Almost didn't look twice until I realized what I was looking at! Kind of a shame, I am a big Honda fan. Still, I would take one if someone offered haha

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If NC1 NSXs we’re anywhere near 100K USD I’d be getting one of those instead but that isn’t really the case. Lowest one in the nation I’ve seen listed is a bit over 100K and it’s a rebuilt title.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I almost bought a 2nd hand NSX before the Emira was announced. I'm glad I waited. I passover a NC1 and 99 NA2.