• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Just been offered a C8……dilemma! Help me decide…

Vanman1936

Reaction score
So in for a June delivery of the Emira, also with a Corvette C8 deposit down for a 2025 build slot.

Just been offered an August delivery of the C8 and not sure what to do!!!

Help me!!! Want both, can’t justify (afford) £££.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably the opposite in London as to the USA. C8s are common to see here. Emiras will be rare.
One reason I dont want a C8 is they are too common to see here. If you really want acceleration get the C8.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If it was me, Emira is first choice. Like Aero mentioned, lots of Covettes running around (including, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and everything in between). Emira is limited and exclusive in the sense that there is limited numbers of them running around (in my neck of the woods anyways). I certainly don’t want a car that I can see very 10 blocks.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Do they even sell New Balance sneakers in the UK?
Yep 😁

20230306_131219.jpg

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
C8 is a more GT car. I loved C7 Grand Sport, but even after 2 years can’t fall in love with the C8 design. Also stick vs auto only. What’s your preference? Have you driven both?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
🇬🇧 vs 🇺🇸

Easy answer when it comes to cars! Emira all the way.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a scale model of both the C8 and the Emira to confirm my purchase… the design is really chalk and cheese. The Emira is perfectly proportioned, whereas the C8 is tail heavy and looks awkward at most angles (although, in the flesh that heft also looks brutally powerful).

The performance though… the C8 is a true supercar. If you like to drive like a nutter then you’ll never be disappointed.

So… depends which way you lean.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
C8 is a more GT car. I loved C7 Grand Sport, but even after 2 years can’t fall in love with the C8 design. Also stick vs auto only. What’s your preference? Have you driven both?
I too can't wrap my head around the looks of the C8, they look cheap to me. My favorite model was the C5, but Vettes to me are Cadilacs that can go really fast not a car that will give you a true driver experience.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What is the price difference in the UK between C8 and Emira?

I would be in the Emira camp, as getaway and morphious previously stated two different driving experience. Especially if it is a manual Emira vs C8.

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What's the big draw to uncommon cars? I don't get it. When I see a lot of a certain model of car I assume that's because its a great car. They wouldn't sell well if they sucked.

If I find and buy an amazing sports car I don't care if I'm the only one who owns it or if every house on my block has one. I've still got an amazing sports car.

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
In case it's a Z06....take the corvette! Mental car, unreal, not comparable with Emira.

A 458 Ferrari on steroids!

In case traditional V8 (non flat plane crank)....take Emira ;-)

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They’re such different cars, I’m still surprised when people cross shop them.

Vette = more performance less engagement

Emira = more engagement less performance

Which speaks to you more?

Wake up and study the C8 Z06! They took a Ferrari 458 V8 apart, re-engineered it and created a high revving - most powerful NA V8 ever produced. It's a mental car! 100k USD. Mindblowing. Want one so bad, but much harder to get than Emira.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What's the big draw to uncommon cars? I don't get it. When I see a lot of a certain model of car I assume that's because its a great car. They wouldn't sell well if they sucked.

If I find and buy an amazing sports car I don't care if I'm the only one who owns it or if every house on my block has one. I've still got an amazing sports car.
Agree. I’d also argue it’s easier to speed in a GT silver 718 than a hethel Emira

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wake up and study the C8 Z06! They took a Ferrari 458 V8 apart, re-engineered it and created a high revving - most powerful NA V8 ever produced. It's a mental car! 100k USD. Mindblowing. Want one so bad, but much harder to get than Emira.
Except it's not $100k USD...

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Really? Let me know when you get one for a 1ook :ROFLMAO:
yes retails at 108k USD. You can order one at the dealer....but as said...long wait!

It's the best prices supercar on the planet. Amazing value for money.