Would have been nice to add the engine builders plaque to the I4 cover!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Would have been a nice touch the add the I4 builders name plaque to the engine cover.
Agreed, but unfortunately, the i4 Emira engine cover isn't supplied by AMG as it's specific to the Lotus implementation, and is almost certainly fitted far later in the production process..... Without the cover it looks like this :

Emirai4engine.jpg

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can imagine someone painting a picture of a pretty engine (V10 anyone?) on the plastic cover.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Why
It was a robot
Each M139 engine is hand-built by one AMG technician. Part of AMG's "One Man, One Engine" program. AMG have said every engine has a plaque with the signature of the technician that built it. I think is hidden away on the side, rather than visible on the top.

19c0488-043-source-1559923814.jpg

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Each M139 engine is hand-built by one AMG technician. Part of AMG's "One Man, One Engine" program. AMG have said every engine has a plaque with the signature of the technician that built it. I think is hidden away on the side, rather than visible on the top.

19c0488-043-source-1559923814.jpg

Thank you for that explanation. Excuse my ignorance. I honestly did not know that.
For some reason I thought only the AMG 63 was the only one that was one man one engine.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My own idea, whenever my i4 magically appears 🤣🤣🤣, is to exchange the engine cover with one of the recently available carbon covers. At least one of these has a space where you can select what to print (possible done with a ‘sticker’) like for example ‘L O T U S’ - which I think is unnecessary and boring.) My own idea is to make a custom ‘sticker’ with the AMG logo and M139 on the right side. This will be correctly descriptive, and it will also announce what’s under the mysterious (but attractive) carbon cover❣️

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts