Did anyone get a message from Lotus showing it in Black.

Got an email from Lotus with my reference number. The interesting item in the email was this Black Emira, yes give us that color, it would be my pick over the yellow/ black roof that I configured online.

1631148100699.png

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking through the paint colors on the Evora to see what black options were offered. Does anyone know the difference between motorsports black & phantom black? It's hard to tell the difference from their website.

Either way, the Emira dressed in all black will be one mean machine!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
My notification came 5 days ago and I had this same pic of the Black Emira. I am still thinking Verdant but this black would make me at least re-consider. Don't understand not coming with all the colors??? I read somewhere that they are using a new process or something. Seems to me they could easily test all the colors. However, building cars is not my day job. Lol

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was looking through the paint colors on the Evora to see what black options were offered. Does anyone know the difference between motorsports black & phantom black? It's hard to tell the difference from their website.

Either way, the Emira dressed in all black will be one mean machine!
Motorsport Black has a metallic fleck in it. Phantom Black is a solid colour. Hard to see in photos but here they are:

Motorsport:

38D8C8F5-74AC-41BB-9006-7FC322CFE70E.jpeg

Phantom:

3646DAB0-18B3-4518-9679-353F429003E6.jpeg

OP
Vipers2000

Vipers2000

Reaction score
I think it’s odd that Lotus would send out a pic of the car color that you can’t create with the online tool. Hope that when details come out this month that black will be included in the list of colors!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a Nimbus Grey car so you can create it in the configurator, it’s just the render won’t show it in all lighting conditions.

The configurator for the Evija is more sophisticated and will render in different interior and external environments. But you’re buying a £2m car and get a different level of service :)

Stsainj

Reaction score
It’s a Nimbus Grey car so you can create it in the configurator, it’s just the render won’t show it in all lighting conditions.

The configurator for the Evija is more sophisticated and will render in different interior and external environments. But you’re buying a £2m car and get a different level of service :)
I believe everyone meant the Shadow (dark) Grey. Nimbus Grey is the light grey that I’ve yet to see IRL photos (still hoping for something resembling Porsche Chalk/Crayon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I usually only buy black vehicles so I really hope they give us those two black options Stateside.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Another excellent shot of a Grey Emira where it appears to be black.

View attachment 360
This color really does look nice when it mimics black. Think how nice it would look if it was actually black with a coarse metallic flake like in the old fiat x1/9 special edition
Another excellent shot of a Grey Emira where it appears to be black.

View attachment 360
this color really does look nice when it mimics black. Just imagine how much more striking it would look it it were actually black, perhaps with a coarse metallic flake like in the old Fiat X1/9 Lido edition. That was a great look, especially with its white interior. Really sexy back in the day. An Emira with that color pallet would be absolutely amazing I think.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Got an email from Lotus with my reference number. The interesting item in the email was this Black Emira, yes give us that color, it would be my pick over the yellow/ black roof that I configured online.

View attachment 340
Yes i was thinking that Starlight or Motorsport black would look great on Emira.

Crown

Reaction score
I was on the factory tour in April and I saw a front bumper and bonnet in solid black on a shelf. A complete solid bright red car, and complete white car. Definitely messing about with base edition colours . I’d love chrome orange to be offered.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I saw a Starlight Black one at the factory in January - they were experimenting with some non-FE colours. Looked excellent. Black is due to be one of the extra colours for Base Edition.