Dealer Or Home Delivery?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
All

I Wanted to set up this thread to put the feelers out there on your Emira delivery preference. I personally will go for a dealer delivery, as I think they had the decency to contribute towards the road show and maintain good communication throughout.

What are you thinking……

Home delivery ?

Dealer delivery ?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
All

I Wanted to set up this thread to put the feelers out there on your Emira delivery preference. I personally will go for a dealer delivery, as I think they had the decency to contribute towards the road show and maintain good communication throughout.

What are you thinking……

Home delivery ?

Dealer delivery ?
Is there information on Dealer prep of the vehicle (common in the states) prior to customer acceptance? What is necessary or courtesy?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
All

What are you thinking……

Home delivery ?

Dealer delivery ?
The dealer usually PDIs the car, checks it over and does the handover. I can't see how that will work for home delivery. Personally I'll be using the local dealer

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe collection from Hethel will be an option. Possibly not in the first few months and obviously dependent on the Covid situation.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ll probably go for dealer delivery. But if home actually means any address I might have it delivered straight to the PPF workshop.

I think home delivery will only be an option in the UK. Rest of the world will probably still be via dealers.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I believe collection from Hethel will be an option. Possibly not in the first few months and obviously dependent on the Covid situation.
Thanks Tom, hopefully by mid June it will ok. I am not sure if Stratton motors would be a collection option if Hethel is off the cards

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll probably go for dealer delivery. But if home actually means any address I might have it delivered straight to the PPF workshop.

I had exactly the same thought. My gut says delivery may only to be home address but we shall see..

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I like the idea of having the car delivered direct to my home, but I really want it done with PPF before collection and I believe Park's Lotus are able to arrange that with a good local installer.

Lotus are missing a trick not offering PPF as a factory option. Providing they could offer one of the better PPFs like Xpel they would get a lot of take up.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, I'm of the same mind, in that I want it to get PPF'd before I drive it ideally. Planning on getting delivery to Silverstone Lotus, and have it prepped and protected before I pick it up (likely at a place just a few doors down from them). They're the ones I'll be establishing a service relationship with, so may as well bring them in right at the beginning.

The idea of personally inspecting and signing for a car this pricey while some bloke impatiently hovers because his low-loader is blocking the street is not at all appealing to me... I want some sense of occasion for a purchase like this! :D

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like to pick mine up from the factory, but only if its attached to a factory tour some lunch and a full tank of fuel to get me home. Should be a sense of occasion to it and cost neutral for lotus home or dealer delivery must average 200 quid.
Come on lotus let's make it special.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm of the same mind, in that I want it to get PPF'd before I drive it ideally. Planning on getting delivery to Silverstone Lotus, and have it prepped and protected before I pick it up (likely at a place just a few doors down from them). They're the ones I'll be establishing a service relationship with, so may as well bring them in right at the beginning.

The idea of personally inspecting and signing for a car this pricey while some bloke impatiently hovers because his low-loader is blocking the street is not at all appealing to me... I want some sense of occasion for a purchase like this! :D

I think home delivery will only be an option in the UK. Rest of the world will probably still be via dealers.
@ TomE Can I ask what it cost for a full PPF wrap on an Emira? Also would you recommend wrapping the whole car?
I purchased a 911 992 recently and totally regret not wrapping in PPF, mind you the car was black and showed every single little detail. ouch :-(

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea how this will work if you are part exchanging a vehicle? I live 5 mins from Hethel so that would be my preferred collection point.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@ TomE Can I ask what it cost for a full PPF wrap on an Emira? Also would you recommend wrapping the whole car?
I purchased a 911 992 recently and totally regret not wrapping in PPF, mind you the car was black and showed every single little detail. ouch :-(
Not cheap. About £3500-4000 + VAT for full car, so about the same cost as a major respray. I did a part film on my Evora - front plus mirror housings, lower sides and rear arches - for about £1500 and that's been pretty effective. I have had a couple of small chips on non-filmed areas that were fixable with a smart repair for about £70.

Some example prices from one of the installers I know are here:

Reactions: DJS

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Any idea how this will work if you are part exchanging a vehicle? I live 5 mins from Hethel so that would be my preferred collection point.
More info to come, but I gather Lotus are going to quote a PEx figure at contract signature (about 30 days before delivery) and underwrite it. Whether that'll be a We Buy Any Car type figure or something a dealer might offer we don't know yet.

If you're going via a dealer I think you can still discuss PEx with them - mine is happy to, but I'm trading in a Lotus and it may be different for other marques.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
More info to come, but I gather Lotus are going to quote a PEx figure at contract signature (about 30 days before delivery) and underwrite it. Whether that'll be a We Buy Any Car type figure or something a dealer might offer we don't know yet.

If you're going via a dealer I think you can still discuss PEx with them - mine is happy to, but I'm trading in a Lotus and it may be different for other marques.
Thanks Tom - not going via a dealer as none close enough, so hoping to deal direct with Hethel for everything.