ROAD NOISE

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do not find the F1s noisy at highway speed (sport chassis)…but I’m accustomed to Cup 2s on other mid-engined cars that I’ve owned.
They are completely silent on most pavement. With certain coarser asphalt mixes though, they immediately change to a howl.

It's a real thing, I guess I need to take a video or something to show it. I'm talking a huge difference in sound, enough to make you need to raise your voice to be heard on a phone call, and certainly enough to make the KEF audio kind of superfluous.

I suspect we're going to be having a lot of this conversation as more people get their cars and start posting feedback and questions.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They are completely silent on most pavement. With certain coarser asphalt mixes though, they immediately change to a howl.

It's a real thing, I guess I need to take a video or something to show it. I'm talking a huge difference in sound, enough to make you need to raise your voice to be heard on a phone call, and certainly enough to make the KEF audio kind of superfluous.

I suspect we're going to be having a lot of this conversation as more people get their cars and start posting feedback and questions.
The corvette C8 Z06 with those massive tires on the car can be very noisy too. iMO mid-engine cars have a tendency to be louder since the engine is behind your ear and is not separated by a large padded dash like front engine.

FeelsWheels

Reaction score
@ Blackthought. You are absolutely right it’s a damn Lotus it is noisy so what. So @Stiffarm get over it.
This is the quietest lotus ever built.
Just don’t talk in the phone. Pay attention to how wonderful the car is
Talking on the phone is dangerous
Or just sell it and buy a Bentley no noise
Shoot me if you want but just get over it.
The negativity sometimes on this forum just blows me away.
Not to discuss personal issues but I have been dealing with my wife’s serious health issues the last year. That is more important to me than the bullshit fucking minor issues some people spew about a fantastic sports car. Just get a life or sell the car.
I make no apologies for my ranting here
EDIT my dear wife just drove 350 miles with me this past weekend and loved the ride compared to my Evora GT
I was grateful that she was able to be my passenger
You are a god amongst men.

Fil

Reaction score
I have to say, my own opinion on the Emira is that I was extremely surprised just how low the road / tyre noise is compared to all other 'sports' cars I've had/driven, especially given the ultra low profile tyres it sports.
I hear a level of engine noise transmitted through the bulkhead, not bad, but noticeable....but tyre (Tire) wise, mine is very, very quiet.
I'm on Tour chassis, with the Goodyears.

I have heard a lot of reports of excessive wind noise from the door seals, but again, whilst I haven't yet exceeded 150mph, mine is devoid of any such wind noise & whistles.

A normal conversation in the car @ 80mph is very easy.

These cars seem to vary a lot!

Jon
Yes I agree (apart from a slight wind noise from what appears to come from around the passage door window around the door mirror) but it proving difficult to pinpoint and it is only slight. So not a real issue. Phone calls or radio are easily listened to without any problem. The car is so enjoyable to drive I can forgive it.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Virginia has a lot of that horrible pavement that looks like it's made with 50% seashells and small rocks. It is super noisy and the second it gets wet it becomes as slippery as ice. I certainly don't miss that.