Buggy infotainment

crashprash

Reaction score
There are occasions when the infotainment system completely bugs out. The 'Home' button doesn't do anything, AA/Carplay doesn't load and sometimes the AC controls move to the left (usually on the right). The only way I know of to resolve this is to disconnect and reconnect the battery. This actually happened on my delivery day and the dealer had to disconnect the battery. I though it was a one off but this is very annoying when you're on a roadtrip in the middle of nowhere (in Australia) and you have no navigation so have to keep looking down at your phone screen for Waze. Is there any way to resolve this? Any others experiencing this?

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There are occasions when the infotainment system completely bugs out. The 'Home' button doesn't do anything, AA/Carplay doesn't load and sometimes the AC controls move to the left (usually on the right). The only way I know of to resolve this is to disconnect and reconnect the battery. This actually happened on my delivery day and the dealer had to disconnect the battery. I though it was a one off but this is very annoying when you're on a roadtrip in the middle of nowhere (in Australia) and you have no navigation so have to keep looking down at your phone screen for Waze. Is there any way to resolve this? Any others experiencing this?
Have them check to see if the information system firmware is up to date.
I had a crash once, but that time a restart of the engine cured me, so it may be a different phenomenon.
I have not had it occur since I recently had it brought up to date.

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
Have them check to see if the information system firmware is up to date.
I had a crash once, but that time a restart of the engine cured me, so it may be a different phenomenon.
I have not had it occur since I recently had it brought up to date.
I just did my break-in service a couple of weeks ago. The dealer updated everything and addressed all the recalls that were specified for my VIN along with an oil change. This doesn't seem to have solved it. The only other way to resolve is to leave the car off and locked for 15mins or so.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree, last time I had a crush decided to take a few blue pills, and the engine wouldn´t stop. Totally different phenomenon

OP
C

crashprash

Reaction score
To add to this, sometimes the car doesn't start on the first go. Need to try 2-3 times before it fires up

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just did my break-in service a couple of weeks ago. The dealer updated everything and addressed all the recalls that were specified for my VIN along with an oil change. This doesn't seem to have solved it. The only other way to resolve is to leave the car off and locked for 15mins or so.
How many items have recalls so far?

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To add to this, sometimes the car doesn't start on the first go. Need to try 2-3 times before it fires up
The starting issue is directly related to the software update. I got them to revert back to the old software with mine & never had a starting issue since. No idea on the infotainment- mine has always worked fine

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The starting issue is directly related to the software update. I got them to revert back to the old software with mine & never had a starting issue since. No idea on the infotainment- mine has always worked fine
Ah, what 100k buys. 🤦🏻‍♂️