Dash Cam installation experience in the Emira.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know there is a handy USB port for the front dash cam,but has anyone actually fitted a rear camera in it yet?

The wife bought me a nextbase 622gw bundle and it's got the wired rear camera,something I'm abit dubious about fitting.

Has anyone gone to the trouble of having the wires hidden in the roof lining to connect to the front camera?

Or does anyone have experience with the rear camera that can be joined to the front one without the need for wiring-any good?

It still may be early days for Emira owners to be fitting dash cams

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a nextbase 522 in my Evora 400 - front camera only - it was easy to fit, pushed the cables behind the headlining and behind the A pillar trim then into the fuse box for power. Didnt bother with rear camera as the back view was so poor anyway.

Now have the same camera fitted into the Macan plus a rear camera that clips into the side of the front camera - the rear camera lens has a ball type adjuster so its easy to move to let the right angle. It seems to work ok and can be positioned to get the camera to see through the gap between the 2 headrests.
I think a camera actually fitted to the back window would be better, but much more wiring of course.

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a nextbase 522 in my Evora 400 - front camera only - it was easy to fit, pushed the cables behind the headlining and behind the A pillar trim then into the fuse box for power. Didnt bother with rear camera as the back view was so poor anyway.

Now have the same camera fitted into the Macan plus a rear camera that clips into the side of the front camera - the rear camera lens has a ball type adjuster so its easy to move to let the right angle. It seems to work ok and can be positioned to get the camera to see through the gap between the 2 headrests.
I think a camera actually fitted to the back window would be better, but much more wiring of course.
Good to know,I may fork out abit of dosh to get the attachable plug in rear camera rather than wiring.

Luckily there is a USB port behind the mirror so no wiring required down the pillars for now.

Thanks

JWJ9000

Reaction score
I know there is a handy USB port for the front dash cam,but has anyone actually fitted a rear camera in it yet?

The wife bought me a nextbase 622gw bundle and it's got the wired rear camera,something I'm abit dubious about fitting.

Has anyone gone to the trouble of having the wires hidden in the roof lining to connect to the front camera?

Or does anyone have experience with the rear camera that can be joined to the front one without the need for wiring-any good?

It still may be early days for Emira owners to be fitting dash cams
Yep. I got the same camera 622gw and the spherical rear plug in camera. Its stuck to the glass partition behind the drivers seat. wiring was much easier than I expected. From the mirror the wire will tuck above the headlining. A pillar trim was easy to unclip. Easy to get it under the rubber trim all the way back to the glass partition. The trim around the partition window can be unclipped from the bottom, fairly strong clips. The excess cable was tucked behind this panel. Took about 1/2 hour.