Dark Verdant Lotus Emira Photo Thread

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Possibly inspired by @dgrace 's rendering from last year?? :)

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition-c790609102023004901_1.jpg

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition-c790609102023004901_2.jpg

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition-c790609102023004901_6.jpg

lotus-emira-v6-first-edition-c790609102023004901_9.jpg

Source

1697729567981.png

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Way cool! I gotta say after spending so much time making that tool, I'm now leaning against putting any stripes on mine. If it ever shows up that is. But really happy to see some stripes in the flesh! Doing the tapering in software is probably a lot easier than doing it in physical vinyl.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Way cool! I gotta say after spending so much time making that tool, I'm now leaning against putting any stripes on mine. If it ever shows up that is. But really happy to see some stripes in the flesh! Doing the tapering in software is probably a lot easier than doing it in physical vinyl.
Do you mean that you're leaning against the idea now because it's harder than you originally thought, or that you don't like the look of it anymore (or both)?

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you mean that you're leaning against the idea now because it's harder than you originally thought, or that you don't like the look of it anymore (or both)?
The more cars I see with actual stripes from real-life photos, the less I like the look. The straight line down the middle disrupts the flowing lines of the design rather than enhancing them. My other concern is that with brand new paint (especially red) the paint may slightly fade where not covered by stripes, so if I change my mind later I may end up with the stripe "baked in". If I was going with a full wrap or something I might give it a shot. But all of these assume I ever get a car...

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You are right about the issues doing this in vinyl - it would be easier to mask and paint - but of course this would not be reversible.

Your original design is significantly superior as the yellow is on-point, whereas the yellow in the actual Emira images shown looks very anaemic and the green inset stripe needs to be wider as per your design - these seemingly small details have a massive bearing on the appearance.

Did you ever do a rendering in Lotus essex livery? That would look incredible. The best by a mile though would be a martini racing livery, as displayed on the Lotus 79 and Lotus 80, perhaps on a white rather than BRG car though...

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You are right about the issues doing this in vinyl - it would be easier to mask and paint - but of course this would not be reversible.

Your original design is significantly superior as the yellow is on-point, whereas the yellow in the actual Emira images shown looks very anaemic and the green inset stripe needs to be wider as per your design - these seemingly small details have a massive bearing on the appearance.

Did you ever do a rendering in Lotus essex livery? That would look incredible. The best by a mile though would be a martini racing livery, as displayed on the Lotus 79 and Lotus 80, perhaps on a white rather than BRG car though...

something like this?

HighresScreenshot00008.png

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some knifeless tape setup carefully and vinyl would be a pretty install but dgrace is right, you're going to get different rates of UV damage.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Some knifeless tape setup carefully and vinyl would be a pretty install but dgrace is right, you're going to get different rates of UV damage.
Agreed, especially on red where you'll get the largest UV-driven colour shift.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah yes, I thought I recalled seeing something along these lines! With the swoopy lines of the Emira the dynamic, fluid style of the martini stripes below would work even better IMO.
Sadly you've gone beyond the limits of my procedural stripes, that would need actual artwork. :D

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve moved Jon’s posts about his DV Emira and aesthetic modifications into a new Owners Journal thread here:

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
There was a comment on social media describing the Emira as a "mid-life crisis car". Perhaps this is where to get cured....
20231125_095703~2.jpg

Reactions: ADC