Configurator link and order sequence

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I suppose this only applies to UK orders? I only have a "submission ID" 6 digit number as confirmation.

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They likely won't be built in the exact same sequence that orders were received. While the line is more efficient than the old, and staging of components can move things along necessitating fewer, if any complete line turnovers, ultimately they will be assembled in the most efficient manner possible to complete the most cars in a shift. They will reshuffle the order accordingly.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My online order was the following day (7th July) although I ordered with Bell & Colvill on April 28th '21.

How much difference that early dealer deposit will make now I don't know...

Latest from CS is an August build (originally June).
The initial dealer deposit date was used to sequence the 120ish people who placed pre-reveal deposits. There was a big mess up by Lotus on conversion to central deposits but it should have been sorted by now. I know the B&C ones were, as mine is one of them.

We should be getting batch 1 cars, ahead of post-reveal deposits. But now depends also on parts supply and any re-sequencing.

I assume you were originally June delivery batch, then delayed to July and now Sept?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Using that code I get 23rd July 21. My deposit was one of the earliest into Lotus Silverstone back in April/May 21. 23rd July was around the time I was asked to place the deposit direct with Lotus and would receive a refund from the dealer. I was assured my place in the queue would be maintained but have only received vagueness from CC when I have asked specifically where I am. I was told I was in the June batch, then July and at Goodwood was told August. I don’t think it really matters any more. It comes when it comes.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Using that code I get 23rd July 21. My deposit was one of the earliest into Lotus Silverstone back in April/May 21. 23rd July was around the time I was asked to place the deposit direct with Lotus and would receive a refund from the dealer. I was assured my place in the queue would be maintained but have only received vagueness from CC when I have asked specifically where I am. I was told I was in the June batch, then July and at Goodwood was told August. I don’t think it really matters any more. It comes when it comes.
You're still in batch 1, whenever that ends up being

James DG

Reaction score
The initial dealer deposit date was used to sequence the 120ish people who placed pre-reveal deposits. There was a big mess up by Lotus on conversion to central deposits but it should have been sorted by now. I know the B&C ones were, as mine is one of them.

We should be getting batch 1 cars, ahead of post-reveal deposits. But now depends also on parts supply and any re-sequencing.

I assume you were originally June delivery batch, then delayed to July and now Sept?
Correct.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
exacty same timing and story as mine other than its was originally placed with JCB666 in Bradford

Just got an email back to confirm 6-8 week delay so June build back to August build.

I'm not riding it in the salt so if the weather turns pants before I get it I will change from factory collect to home delivery

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect this is a UK-only sequence.

I am a US buyer, placed my deposit on July 10 of 2021, and the code I received in SEPTEMBER from Lotus is 6 digits long, starting with a 4.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I suspect this is a UK-only sequence.

I am a US buyer, placed my deposit on July 10 of 2021, and the code I received in SEPTEMBER from Lotus is 6 digits long, starting with a 4.
Hi all, not sure if this is the right slot for this but I had my Lotus Goodwood email to day outlining changes etc. As you know they ask us to respond to their email about your delivery, that I did. Within 10 minutes I received an email with following:
1, thank you for contacting us, (Abi by the way) your delivery was scheduled to be manufactured in August!
Wrong - delivery was August as confirmed in an email and conformation by Alex verbally.
So the email says an 8-10 week delay, they have now said October build due to unappreciated demand and component deliveries.
2, so I said what you mean is its a three month delay so if lucky November delivery?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think we all just need to take a deep breath, find something to entertain us in the meantime and the car will be ready when it’s ready. Maybe it’s best if we try and forget we’ve ordered a car and then you can enjoy the excitement when you get the call that the car is about to be built.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think we all just need to take a deep breath, find something to entertain us in the meantime and the car will be ready when it’s ready. Maybe it’s best if we try and forget we’ve ordered a car and then you can enjoy the excitement when you get the call that the car is about to be built.
I for one ordered a new camera today and I'm giddy with excitement...

G

Guest142

This*

thenextchapter

Reaction score
After completing the configurator and paying my deposits I couldn’t find any record of my configuration so I asked CS. They kindly send me a hyper link and a separate configurator code in case the link didn’t work, this was jan 22.
The final part of the link was a number

is it just a coincidence that I got my order confirmation email at

2208 gmt on the 6th July 2021. Maybe at that time I was the 57th order?
Haha, I like this, my config 210711144047