• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Gutted - Spec totally wrong on checkout email

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Anxious and slightly excited I clicked on my checkout email to see a spec that’s half of the car I had ordered. It’s Seneca blue not Nimbus and Alcantara seats with red piping and not black leather I’ve had changed on my order for nearly a year.
Wheels, calliper colour black pack and steering wheel correct but change of seats to black leather and nimbus grey missing I received confirmation from Lotus in January 2022 that my spec changes had been changed and even my build was correct on the website link till today.

So a call to lotus Tomorrow but I imagine I’m pushed down the queue now because of someone’s inability to actually record my spec changes as they had said they had done… FFS!

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Anxious and slightly excited I clicked on my checkout email to see a spec that’s half of the car I had ordered. It’s Seneca blue not Nimbus and Alcantara seats with red piping and not black leather I’ve had on order for a year.
Wheels, calliper colour black pack and steering wheel correct but change of seats to black leather and nimbus grey missing I received confirmation from Lotus in January 2022 that my spec changes had been changed and even my build was correct on the website till now.

So a call to lotus Tomorrow but I imagine I’m pushed down the queue now because of someone’s inability to actually record my spec changes as they had said they had done… FFS!
Really, sorry to hear that! Now you've got me worried!! I made a few changes too and they confirmed them via email but my configurator link has always remained in my original spec...

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Anxious and slightly excited I clicked on my checkout email to see a spec that’s half of the car I had ordered. It’s Seneca blue not Nimbus and Alcantara seats with red piping and not black leather I’ve had changed on my order for nearly a year.
Wheels, calliper colour black pack and steering wheel correct but change of seats to black leather and nimbus grey missing I received confirmation from Lotus in January 2022 that my spec changes had been changed and even my build was correct on the website link till today.

That is worrying

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw man, that's terrible. Keep us updated!

I can only imagine how much of a mess ROW spec changes will be handled. I called my dealer a few months ago and changed my wheel spec. Let's see what happens... :oops:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There’s a Nimbus with red leather n black wheels ready for January that will be getting rehoming from my cancellation yesterday ( well Lotus cancelled me lol )

Last edited:

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does the spec for the car they made match your first spec/order or is it just the completely wrong car?

Worrisome either way.

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just to be clear my updated link for the past year reflected my changes, Lotus had updated the changes, now unless someone has restored a backup from late 2020 something is a miss.

Perhaps my negativity has somehow influenced my link..

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Does the spec for the car they made match your first spec/order or is it just the completely wrong car?

Worrisome either way.
It’s half applied the changes and half not applied the changes. Originally I was the blue demo car spec with dc wheels, then completely changed to silver wheels which are still correct but nimbus and black leather omitted but my link up to today showed those changes so must have been populated and changed by lotus but now it’s corrupt..

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I asked last year for my spec to be confirmed in writing and posted to me. I was told that they did not have the capability to write a letter and post it, they relied on the configurator. Well a year later and it is evident they don't have the capability to build my car either. Lotus are worse than hopeless.

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I asked last year for my spec to be confirmed in writing and posted to me. I was told that they did not have the capability to write a letter and post it, they relied on the configurator. Well a year later and it is evident they don't have the capability to build my car either. Lotus are worse than hopeless.
From lotus on 13th Jan this year..

Good morning,

Thank you for your patience while factory have reviewed the changes you made to your configuration.

I can confirm that your order will not be delayed with the changes made, meaning that you will still be able to take delivery of your car in June.

Please be aware that your most recent configuration is now locked for June. Any further changes to your configuration will mean that your order will be removed out of the production line and rescheduled which will delay your estimated delivery.

If there is anything we can help with in the meantime, please ask.

SuperBusa

Reaction score
From lotus on 13th Jan this year..

Good morning,

Thank you for your patience while factory have reviewed the changes you made to your configuration.

I can confirm that your order will not be delayed with the changes made, meaning that you will still be able to take delivery of your car in June.

Please be aware that your most recent configuration is now locked for June. Any further changes to your configuration will mean that your order will be removed out of the production line and rescheduled which will delay your estimated delivery.

If there is anything we can help with in the meantime, please ask.
Shocking how this has been handled. I tried to change in January and was told I couldn't without putting delivery back. So actually didn't bother, mind it was very minor, ie change tyres, & not have Alcantara Steering wheel now 12 O'Clock stripe not available with FE cars. So I've seen that email. 🤷‍♂️

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Shocking how this has been handled. I tried to change in January and was told I couldn't without putting delivery back. So actually didn't bother, mind it was very minor, ie change tyres, & not have Alcantara Steering wheel now 12 O'Clock stripe not available with FE cars. So I've seen that email. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, be angry or just get my arse down to Aston Martin Nottingham.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's a major error. I thought building the car with the wrong suspension was a big mistake, but not correctly including your agreed changes tops that. Will be interesting to hear what they do to address it.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

that's just terrible

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
You should get the ordered rectified and at a minimum some CF bits or engine map upgrade for free!

Kammi

Reaction score
A disaster for all early orders...

My deposit was 07/20/2021 for V6 automatic!

Last info from Komo-Tec, will be built in Q1 2023..:coffee: