• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Chris Harris selling his 992 GT3 Touring

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I actually knew that Canada was very cheap for Porsches but then did not know how sales tax works there. In any case would never make sense to export from there to eu for example with such high import taxes etc. also dealers there would normally be required to register the car but irrelevant for moment.

In terms of sales I don’t think Canada beats the UK despite this as the hk is the fourth largest market in thats great world after Germany US and China

after a record-breaking December, Porsche delivered a total of 14,017 cars over the full year in the UK and Ireland. The all-electric Taycan was a particular highlight, accounting for over 4,000 sales and equivalent to nearly a third of overall registrations. Porsche Cars GB is the manufacturer’s fourth-largest market globally and the second-largest for Taycan sales. The Macan compact SUV placed second in UK sales terms, and the iconic flat-six, rear-engined 911 was third overall.

I could look for more specific info but I’ll settle for that. Canada does well yes due to low prices more than anything else. UK does well as people love them and such a strong car culture 800,000 used cars sold per year. That’s a lot !
Yes, I think Canada delivered 9,500 Porsche cars last year. So a lot less than UK. Surprised how many in UK bought the Taycan, over here I think Taycan is 2nd last, with Panamera in last place for sales. But like I said we are half the population size. Most of the imported cars go to Asia/Middle East. Importing to Europe is very expensive due to taxation/regs. Dealerships here have a list of people that are on red flag / do not sell lists with Porsche Canada due to importing... and they are suspicious of anyone that orders a white SUV with red leather... apparently this is the most sought after spec's in the Asian market.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
back on topic..is his car sold? i had a quick look and could not find it.. is it even on there yet.

992 touring....owned by CH.... probably going for 210-240 at a push if you feel he adds value.
Id say he has red lined it several times, checked at porsche if any doubts, and this could reduce that value greatly... so maybe 200k for a bargain? if a 200k car can be a bargain.
WHO says I cant redirect back on topic..... EmiraSpain (maybe)..for the win

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Will probably go for 220 at least that will make him a good profit and he will still moan that he didn't get a gt4rs.
Hard life?

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think more and more people are getting fed up with the ass kissing and buying lots of other cars from dealers just to get the limited edition model you want...instead of great service for every customer! At least I am... got into a BMW this summer, and upon the first time I had to visit a dealer they treated me like crap. Drove off down the street to my friend the Landrover dealer, still fuming..."hold on, here's the keys to the RR sport, go for a drive, cool down, will serve you coffee afterwards". The experience was fantastic...what a great car the new Range Rover Sport. Accordingly he put a deal together, will take a lot of effort to get rid of the Beemer, and I put my signature down on the spot. Still have to wait 11 months, but just the enjoyment to phone the BMW dealer to F*&k Off and tell them that I immediately got rid of the BMW, and the longing and many coffees at Landrover made my day. Actually I felt very relieved....petted myself on the shoulder...it was just a good day. Will do this more and my motto for the year...any brand with poor service, I will delete out of my life. I am sure my life will get better and better over time... Great start of the year!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
so, its a good idea to take a flask of coffee to car dealers...save the disappointment..hahah..
there are good and bad dealers from all brands, but those with full order books and expensive cars where they dont know you, tend to be the worst IMO.
New rangerover is stunning.. harry was not in love with the sport, but yes its probably where I would go if i was going.
CH's touring is exclusive paint colour I guess and an extra 2 3 4 5 k for fancy seats, so I'd say more than 220 now, already at 191 before last day. 232 is my guess now and I want a prize for the closest guess

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To add more on this topic...I like Porsche to allocate GT3 GT3RS GT4RS etc to STG, Harry, Shmee, Chris, Henry, Steve S. etc. Love to read about their opinions and watch their videos. The more content the better for us! And those 5-10 cars aren't really making the difference. If you want a GT3...you just phone all dealers in the country...however you need to be able to trigger their interest, be original, have a good story to tell. I did...GT3 was unobtainable...GT3 Touring everywhere available with slots with delivery within 6 months. Has anyone tried ordering a RHD car in mainland Europe...I bet you will find a dealer who would love to do a deal on one.
I backed out, too much of a difference with my 991.2 Manual GT3...which I agree with Chris, is a fantastic car. A 992 Touring was not worth an additional 100k in my opinion.

I would rather have GT3 + Emira ;-)