• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Chris Harris selling his 992 GT3 Touring

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh dear poor Chris šŸ˜¢
He got a 991 gt3 then a 992 touring which are like rocking horse shit to get.
Both cars he claimed to be the best cars you can buy, now he want's a gt4rs which are even rarer than the other 2 gt products he got allocations for and because it hasn't quite worked out he now want's to sell his 992 cos he doesn't like the cup holder???
Or could it just be he wants to make some money šŸ’° and reading that gave him the allocation don't want to pay what he wants for his car in px.
I'm crying my heart out, get a grip šŸ˜­
That was how I was reading it between the lines.
He probably feels like he should be treated better though because of his reach. Plenty of other VIP out there that do...

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
LOL he's mad because he got treated like a Normie like the rest of us.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Shouldnā€™t he be treated better though? While Porsche doesnā€™t need help gaining customers, Chris does have a lot of reach and itā€™s good PR. I mean, Lotus did seem to prioritize Harry and Schmee over regular customers with earlier deposits soā€¦

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Gt product cars are made in very small numbers I was told each dealer in the UK would get maybe 1 gt4rs why should Harris or any other utuber get it over loyal customers šŸ¤”

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
a loyal customer for porsche is not someone who buys a car every few years.... depending on the dealer, a loyal customer can be someone who has a small company and buys 3 4 5 cars a year, or certainly spends 4/500k a year. Those "loyal" customers will get a gt3.... those that have bought several cars over the years from the SAME dealer, will maybe get a spyder.....
but lets be clear, this is the dealer, NOT porsche.... the dealer can sell to who they like.....
In other EU countries, it is MUCH easier to get these cars..mainly as they are correctly priced. In the UK they are very UNDER priced and are seen as rewards for multi car customers, which mr H is in reality not...so I agree, he should not be given special treatment, but should be treated correctly and politely.
Also, ShmIIIEEEE said he ordered over like 2 years ago, so did not necessarily get much of a push by Lotus. Harry did though, but in exchange for putting the car and factory on his channel, which is potentially fair enough and besides, the EMIRA is NOT a porsche GT product as it is NOT limited in production in reality... anyone can order one unfortunately for residuals....

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
a loyal customer for porsche is not someone who buys a car every few years.... depending on the dealer, a loyal customer can be someone who has a small company and buys 3 4 5 cars a year, or certainly spends 4/500k a year. Those "loyal" customers will get a gt3.... those that have bought several cars over the years from the SAME dealer, will maybe get a spyder.....
but lets be clear, this is the dealer, NOT porsche.... the dealer can sell to who they like.....
In other EU countries, it is MUCH easier to get these cars..mainly as they are correctly priced. In the UK they are very UNDER priced and are seen as rewards for multi car customers, which mr H is in reality not...so I agree, he should not be given special treatment, but should be treated correctly and politely.
Also, ShmIIIEEEE said he ordered over like 2 years ago, so did not necessarily get much of a push by Lotus. Harry did though, but in exchange for putting the car and factory on his channel, which is potentially fair enough and besides, the EMIRA is NOT a porsche GT product as it is NOT limited in production in reality... anyone can order one unfortunately for residuals....
Lotus will make less Emira's than Porsche made GT4's/Spyders - So even tho anyone can buy them, Let's see how long it takes for people to receive them. UK being different, but ROW it is a becoming a seriously long wait.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Lotus will make less Emira's than Porsche made GT4's/Spyders - So even tho anyone can buy them, Let's see how long it takes for people to receive them. UK being different, but ROW it is a becoming a seriously long wait.
well yes, the UK is the market I and Chris refer to and as I said, its very different in the rest of the EU and indeed the rest of the world. In the UK for every 1 718 GT4 in existence, I'd estimate within 2 years, there will be 4 Emira's.... none gt4 type, but then they stop making the gt4 anyway and according to some, in Spain at least, there will be NO GT4's or Spyders this year at all..... So their final numbers will be spiralling down and Emira's spiralling upwards, although in the EU, the spiral will be with a breeze and not a tornado.

Lotus is not porsche and at this stage in the game, they never will be. Their cars don't command overs in the EU and are struggling to sell in quantities even at retail prices. When I speak of quantities, as you say, I speak of maybe 2-500 a year in each country and they dont have capacity to do that, but I believe there is not the demand either. Maybe in a few years depending on their sporty EV, if they get the exterior AND interior right, which they did not on the Emira.
yes the delivery issues are throwing all this up in the air, and this should boost residuals, but you have to believe they will get that sorted within 6 months or heaven above...... they cant keep blaming parts when Porsche have delivered more cars this year than ever...at least my local dealer has. And residuals dont just depend on supply..... There is a short supply of lead for pencils, but the price isn't so high.... ;)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Harry placed his deposit on reveal day.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
yes...so should not have got his car before you, me..and many others ...right?
not that I mind too much....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Isn't his argument that he IS a loyal customer, not just a car reviewer?
This and the fact he was trading back in a 992 GT3 Touring probably the most desirable car of the moment.
No doubt the trade in figure was the same price as they would sell him the GT4 RS or not far off!

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well yes, the UK is the market I and Chris refer to and as I said, its very different in the rest of the EU and indeed the rest of the world. In the UK for every 1 718 GT4 in existence, I'd estimate within 2 years, there will be 4 Emira's.... none gt4 type, but then they stop making the gt4 anyway and according to some, in Spain at least, there will be NO GT4's or Spyders this year at all..... So their final numbers will be spiralling down and Emira's spiralling upwards, although in the EU, the spiral will be with a breeze and not a tornado.

Lotus is not porsche and at this stage in the game, they never will be. Their cars don't command overs in the EU and are struggling to sell in quantities even at retail prices. When I speak of quantities, as you say, I speak of maybe 2-500 a year in each country and they dont have capacity to do that, but I believe there is not the demand either. Maybe in a few years depending on their sporty EV, if they get the exterior AND interior right, which they did not on the Emira.
yes the delivery issues are throwing all this up in the air, and this should boost residuals, but you have to believe they will get that sorted within 6 months or heaven above...... they cant keep blaming parts when Porsche have delivered more cars this year than ever...at least my local dealer has. And residuals dont just depend on supply..... There is a short supply of lead for pencils, but the price isn't so high.... ;)
I don't think it's parts that are holding back production at this point. My guess is delays are related to build issues #1. Sorting software and other small issues with the Emira and holding back the line until that is done. #2 is workforce. I don't know if they will be able to train up a workforce to get production really going with two shifts. They will of course eventually get there but I don't know if it will be in the next 6 months. I suspect 2024 will be the year Lotus really starts turning out product at a decent rate.

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreeā€¦ a loyal customer to Porsche is someone who buys the range, services, sells back to them and generally buys into the brand in its fullest.

Come on; look at seenthroughglass. Why should he or others use there position to leave there position into the VIP / GT products as a given.

I have bought Porsche for years. Not flipped, serviced, motā€™d and upgraded with them. Poor Chris Harris he will only keep one of his two GT cars yet hasnā€™t bought the countless Cayman, Panamera, Cayenne or other products like others have to

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agreeā€¦ a loyal customer to Porsche is someone who buys the range, services, sells back to them and generally buys into the brand in its fullest.

Come on; look at seenthroughglass. Why should he or others use there position to leave there position into the VIP / GT products as a given.

I have bought Porsche for years. Not flipped, serviced, motā€™d and upgraded with them. Poor Chris Harris he will only keep one of his two GT cars yet hasnā€™t bought the countless Cayman, Panamera, Cayenne or other products like others have to
Well, the argument here is that people like seen through glass or Chris Harris does more for Porsche marketing and therefore worth getting them a car. When a famous car reviewer who get to drive/test any and every car on the road then decide to purchase a Porsche GT3 says a lot about that particular model. Porsche recognizes this, they do a lot for brand marketing. No different than Harry or Jenson Button does for Lotus. Same reason celebrities are gifted cars to be seen driving in them, therefore become more desirable.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
yes...so should not have got his car before you, me..and many others ...right?
not that I mind too much....
Harry got his car in line with having paid a deposit within minutes of the central UK order book opening on 6 July 2021.

Him getting his car before I got mine is more to do with Lotus messing up all the pre-reveal deposits than Harry jumping the queue. The first customer cars delivered via dealer, Hethel collection and direct delivery were all 6 July depositors.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Harry got his car in line with having paid a deposit within minutes of the central UK order book opening on 6 July 2021.

Him getting his car before I got mine is more to do with Lotus messing up all the pre-reveal deposits than Harry jumping the queue. The first customer cars delivered via dealer, Hethel collection and direct delivery were all 6 July depositors.
And Schmeee....???
(NB I don't care but..)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well, the argument here is that people like seen through glass or Chris Harris does more for Porsche marketing and therefore worth getting them a car. When a famous car reviewer who get to drive/test any and every car on the road then decide to purchase a Porsche GT3 says a lot about that particular model. Porsche recognizes this, they do a lot for brand marketing. No different than Harry or Jenson Button does for Lotus. Same reason celebrities are gifted cars to be seen driving in them, therefore become more desirable.

When u consider it though this has to be a little different doesn't it?

These influences are taking ltd cars from real customers that have played the game.

What's the point in them talking about the card if you can't get them

Yes I know it trickles down to lower models, but I wouldn't guess by much

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
After reveal, before Goodwood Day 1
So after a LOT of people on here.
I placed before and would have taken delivery 2 months after.
Again don't care but in context of this discussion just saying.