• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Chris Harris selling his 992 GT3 Touring

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When u consider it though this has to be a little different doesn't it?

These influences are taking ltd cars from real customers that have played the game.

What's the point in them talking about the card if you can't get them

Yes I know it trickles down to lower models, but I wouldn't guess by much
The influencers spend a lot of time making videos, putting themselves out there into the public eye. Create a following on their channels/social media and as a result have some sway over their followers. The followers do at least listen to their opinions. They put in the work, and some of the benefit is getting cars other find it difficult to get. It is perk of the career path they choose. It's not all sunshine and roses of course. You need some thick skin in that industry. I do not have any issue with them receiving preferential treatment.

That's like getting mad at pilots from British Airways because they get free flights (off work) while other customers have to pay....

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The influencers spend a lot of time making videos, putting themselves out there into the public eye. Create a following on their channels/social media and as a result have some sway over their followers. The followers do at least listen to their opinions. They put in the work, and some of the benefit is getting cars other find it difficult to get. It is perk of the career path they choose. It's not all sunshine and roses of course. You need some thick skin in that industry. I do not have any issue with them receiving preferential treatment.

That's like getting mad at pilots from British Airways because they get free flights (off work) while other customers have to pay....
I was more on about the limited nature.
What if there is a 10 car allocation and influencers get 8 cars. What's the point? 🤷
Just breed resentment. Or maybe that's just me :joking: 🤣

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because they're creating an aspiration and a brand based on exclusivity. So people go and buy the next model down, or the base model if that's all they can afford.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Porsche don't need that they already have it for their sports cars, every car they have is sold to order now, the 911 is on a wait list for every variant and the 718 going electric by 25!! Will the emira???
So why give him one of maybe 10 uk cars?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Because they're creating an aspiration and a brand based on exclusivity. So people go and buy the next model down, or the base model if that's all they can afford.
I know. But I dont think that happens at that level.
Just me maybe... I see Chris driving GT3 and get pissed I cant have one. Don't want any other models in range so get pissed and order an Emira. Look how that turned out

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know. But I dont think that happens at that level.
Just me maybe... I see Chris driving GT3 and get pissed I cant have one. Don't want any other models in range so get pissed and order an Emira. Look how that turned out
So it does work hahaha... There isn't that many influencers that can get their hands on a GT3 to make a difference, does anyone know how many 992 GT3 were made for the UK market?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So it does work hahaha... There isn't that many influencers that can get their hands on a GT3 to make a difference, does anyone know how many 992 GT3 were made for the UK market?
350 rhd uk GT3 maybe. Touring has to be lot less or inc in those numbers

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ya that's not a lot is it... I think Canada even gets more than that.
My mate who's a master tech at Porsche sees so few he sends me pics of most of them 😁🥰

Then there is this being particularly rare..

received_2386402614866806.jpeg

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My mate who's a master tech at Porsches sees so few he sends me pics of them all 😁🥰

This being particularly rare..

View attachment 21452
I know someone that has one... got it delivered a few weeks ago... beauty car, haven't gotten chance to drive it yet as it is sleeping for the winter... when I do, I'll post some pics

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Shouldn’t he be treated better though? While Porsche doesn’t need help gaining customers, Chris does have a lot of reach and it’s good PR. I mean, Lotus did seem to prioritize Harry and Schmee over regular customers with earlier deposits so…
No, that is up for you to decide but personally I think everyone should be treated as equals regardless of status or money. If I waited in line for 2 hours, why should someone be able to cut inline with resource and influence.

Last edited:

Blue97

Reaction score
I just don’t understand how Harris can say 991GT3 is better than 992 GT3 - same as Metcalfe did before he changed his mind. Rubbish !! Must be some hidden agenda here.
Just swapped a 991gt3 for a 992gt3 - the 992 is better in every way in terms of development - steering , ride ( way better , quieter overall and especially tyre noise ( can actually hear the stereo ) , the list goes on .
991 is much more raw - drive line shunt , many more creaks - more race car in that sense.
Had mine for 5 years and sad to see it go ( like an old shoe !) . However it only took the time to drive out of the showroom to know the 992 is a much better car.
Need to make your own mind up - most people on here have enough experience to do that. What these journos say is not gospel.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just don’t understand how Harris can say 991GT3 is better than 992 GT3 - same as Metcalfe did before he changed his mind. Rubbish !! Must be some hidden agenda here.
Just swapped a 991gt3 for a 992gt3 - the 992 is better in every way in terms of development - steering , ride ( way better , quieter overall and especially tyre noise ( can actually hear the stereo ) , the list goes on .
991 is much more raw - drive line shunt , many more creaks - more race car in that sense.
Had mine for 5 years and sad to see it go ( like an old shoe !) . However it only took the time to drive out of the showroom to know the 992 is a much better car.
Need to make your own mind up - most people on here have enough experience to do that. What these journos say is not gospel.
I dunno .... for me I went 718 Spyder --> 992 CS -- >back to a 718 Spyder.... Something more analogue and connected in the 718/991 Porsche generations. But I also agree, the 992 is a better car, I can't explain why the other one feels more connected with me personally. 992 is almost too good/boring.... Although I wouldn't call a GT3 boring, ever.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I dunno .... for me I went 718 Spyder --> 992 CS -- >back to a 718 Spyder.... Something more analogue and connected in the 718/991 Porsche generations. But I also agree, the 992 is a better car, I can't explain why the other one feels more connected with me personally. 992 is almost too good/boring.... Although I wouldn't call a GT3 boring, ever.
I agree, but the GT cars are very different to the general S, 4S GTS even... NA engine, manual makes a big difference in terms of noise and red line, something the Emira has fallen behind itself on.

Not sure I agree with BA pilot analogy, he works for BA so expects discounts......
Harris does not work for porsche, but due to his position gets access to week long test drives, which MAKE him money and I think thats as far as it should go. He makes money thanks to his efforts and Porsche's... no need to push him above their loyal customers, but I still think more can be done here.
Cars are generally released to markets in terms of their overall sales. Hence Porsche UK gets a LOT more GT products than Spain for example, but less than the US, many more than Canada I am convinced. Normally a dealer in the UK< of which there are around 50, get one GT car for each model per month (in normal circumstances) so thats quite a few a year.....
But if they increased the price to levels seen in other EU countries, then the sales would balance out and they would not be just for special customers as they would have less appeal as would be more expensive and not a guaranteed profit maker for the buyer.

Well, nothing we can do will change any of this.. its being like this for 20 years or more.....

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, but the GT cars are very different to the general S, 4S GTS even... NA engine, manual makes a big difference in terms of noise and red line, something the Emira has fallen behind itself on.

Not sure I agree with BA pilot analogy, he works for BA so expects discounts......
Harris does not work for porsche, but due to his position gets access to week long test drives, which MAKE him money and I think thats as far as it should go. He makes money thanks to his efforts and Porsche's... no need to push him above their loyal customers, but I still think more can be done here.
Cars are generally released to markets in terms of their overall sales. Hence Porsche UK gets a LOT more GT products than Spain for example, but less than the US, many more than Canada I am convinced. Normally a dealer in the UK< of which there are around 50, get one GT car for each model per month (in normal circumstances) so thats quite a few a year.....
But if they increased the price to levels seen in other EU countries, then the sales would balance out and they would not be just for special customers as they would have less appeal as would be more expensive and not a guaranteed profit maker for the buyer.

Well, nothing we can do will change any of this.. its being like this for 20 years or more.....
I can see I have been baited again by our Spanish Brit… ok where to start…

1. Fully agree the GT3 is a different experience to regular 911’s

2. Are you sure Harris doesn’t work for Porsche? I get that journalists are not suppose to be biased nor paid in the form of currency… but perhaps they are paid in other ways, say receiving allocations. I consider this a form of payment and therefore would make him an employee or at the very least a paid consultant of Porsche. That’s my logic at least and yes it may be slightly flawed. I know many “consultants” in other industries that get many perks, sometimes more so than employees. I don’t know if giving Harris GT car allocations is good business or not, but I can’t see it being bad for business either. His reach is far greater than just the UK perhaps it’s worth greasing the monkey a little… It certainly worked out for Lotus and Harry…. Imagine if he gave a mediocre review to the Emira.

3. Prior to our new luxury tax implemented this year, Canadian Porsche prices were the cheapest on the planet. You can look this up and do the currency conversion on Porsche Canada’s website. Even with our new taxes it is still below most markets. Anyway, a lot of foreign buyers bought cars in Canada to import. Helped by the fact we drive on the correct side of the road and use KM/H on the Speedometer. Point and case is Pfaff Porsche (now Porsche Centre Vaughn ) was the highest volume Porsche dealer in North America. That is pretty impressive considering Toronto has 5 Porsche dealers in the city. With that said, Canada has a much smaller population than UK. I know they sold 1,364 911’s in 2021 in CAN, how many were GT3, I do not know. I bet from a per capita basis we sell more Porsche product than UK does, but probably not total sales.

Anyone know 911 sales numbers for UK?

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

2. Are you sure Harris doesn’t work for Porsche? I get that journalists are not suppose to be biased nor paid in the form of currency… but perhaps they are paid in other ways, say receiving allocations. I consider this a form of payment and therefore would make him an employee or at the very least a paid consultant of Porsche. That’s my logic at least and yes it may be slightly flawed. I know many “consultants” in other industries that get many perks, sometimes more so than employees. I don’t know if giving Harris GT car allocations is good business or not, but I can’t see it being bad for business either. His reach is far greater than just the UK perhaps it’s worth greasing the monkey a little… It certainly worked out for Lotus and Harry…. Imagine if he gave a mediocre review to the Emira.

3. Prior to our new luxury tax implemented this year, Canadian Porsche prices were the cheapest on the planet. You can look this up and do the currency conversion on Porsche Canada’s website. Even with our new taxes it is still below most markets. Anyway, a lot of foreign buyers bought cars in Canada to import. Helped by the fact we drive on the correct side of the road and use KM/H on the Speedometer. Point and case is Pfaff Porsche (now Porsche Centre Vaughn ) was the highest volume Porsche dealer in North America. That is pretty impressive considering Toronto has 5 Porsche dealers in the city. With that said, Canada has a much smaller population than UK. I know they sold 1,364 911’s in 2021 in CAN, how many were GT3, I do not know.

I actually knew that Canada was very cheap for Porsches but then did not know how sales tax works there. In any case would never make sense to export from there to eu for example with such high import taxes etc. also dealers there would normally be required to register the car but irrelevant for moment.

In terms of sales I don’t think Canada beats the UK despite this as the hk is the fourth largest market in thats great world after Germany US and China

after a record-breaking December, Porsche delivered a total of 14,017 cars over the full year in the UK and Ireland. The all-electric Taycan was a particular highlight, accounting for over 4,000 sales and equivalent to nearly a third of overall registrations. Porsche Cars GB is the manufacturer’s fourth-largest market globally and the second-largest for Taycan sales. The Macan compact SUV placed second in UK sales terms, and the iconic flat-six, rear-engined 911 was third overall.

I could look for more specific info but I’ll settle for that. Canada does well yes due to low prices more than anything else. UK does well as people love them and such a strong car culture 800,000 used cars sold per year. That’s a lot !

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

3. Prior to our new luxury tax implemented this year, Canadian Porsche prices were the cheapest on the planet. You can look this up and do the currency conversion on Porsche Canada’s website. Even with our new taxes it is still below most markets. Anyway, a lot of foreign buyers bought cars in Canada to import. Helped by the fact we drive on the correct side of the road and use KM/H on the Speedometer. Point and case is Pfaff Porsche (now Porsche Centre Vaughn ) was the highest volume Porsche dealer in North America. That is pretty impressive considering Toronto has 5 Porsche dealers in the city. With that said, Canada has a much smaller population than UK. I know they sold 1,364 911’s in 2021 in CAN, how many were GT3, I do not know. I bet from a per capita basis we sell more Porsche product than UK does, but probably not total sales.

Based on simply standing by for a few minutes in central London and counting 911s...there must be a lot of Porsches sold in the uk. It's insane

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
back on topic..is his car sold? i had a quick look and could not find it.. is it even on there yet.

992 touring....owned by CH.... probably going for 210-240 at a push if you feel he adds value.
Id say he has red lined it several times, checked at porsche if any doubts, and this could reduce that value greatly... so maybe 200k for a bargain? if a 200k car can be a bargain.
WHO says I cant redirect back on topic..... EmiraSpain (maybe)..for the win