Carbon fiber bits

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
I think you're overly concerned with a rather unlikely event. They literally sold Elises and Exiges this way from the factory for years. And many people converted their Evoras to the same style.

The #1 risk with the Emira is someone jamming loose USB cables into the tray in front of the linkage. Don't do that.

Good to know! Glad to have someone step in with good Lotus knowledge on this circumstance. Now I absolutely want it open up style like that!

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
An even better solution would be one that removes the cage entirely, as well as the shifter boot above, and have a CF trim ring that finishes the exposed inside of the center console housing around the shifter to make it look complete. That would put the shifter and linkage fully on display in the same way as the later Elise and Exige.

Like these:

View attachment 40504

@SirSoysauce @Aerie is working on it. But @Porter is right. Removing the whole thing including the gaiter above, and keeping it lit would be 🤩💥🤯

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any videos or instructions on the installation? Especially the rear diffuser with all the sensors and camera...curious how much trouble it would be

We designed the diffuser surround is plug and play install .attached some pictures you can see the diffuser backside provided a bracket to fix all the sensors , for the mesh you can easy to transfer from original .
3125a6fe02b6e859a95a86c658ecd751.jpeg

49367e23894c664b0a3fd5be79e3756b.jpeg

Last edited:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I like how the spoiler looks from the front, still haven’t decided if it’s too aggressive from the rear.
I do like this lip design but don’t like their side skirts and diffuser (like the Aerie).
I agree, I like their front lip and stance. I haven't seen a side skirt yet that I've felt is "the one"

I'm glad more options/reference are popping up.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't like this at all. To me, it's taking a beautiful car and giving it the Honda Civic JDM rice treatment. It's nowhere near up to the quality of the original design. My suggestion is to wait and see what Carr's team comes up with for aero add-ons that you'll be able to buy from Lotus, which will have actual aero benefits and look like they fit the design because they're from the original design team. So far I haven't seen anything that meets that standard.

Just my 2 cents.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't like this at all. To me, it's taking a beautiful car and giving it the Honda Civic JDM rice treatment. It's nowhere near up to the quality of the original design. My suggestion is to wait and see what Carr's team comes up with for aero add-ons that you'll be able to buy from Lotus, which will have actual aero benefits and look like they fit the design because they're from the original design team. So far I haven't seen anything that meets that standard.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree… I sort of like the Aerie rear spoiler in matte, but still on the fence. All the other external carbon fiber bits I’ve seen are too much imo. Ricer does come to mind.

The height with the GRP lowering sleeves looks fantastic though.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Just my 2 cents.

im eagerly waiting to see what they come up with too. im not totally sold on any of the aftermarket carbon fiber either

GasperV

Reaction score
@Aerie , Could you please upload some pictures of the carbon fibre diffuser extension mounted under a car. For installation do you need any modification or drilling?

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Aerie , Could you please upload some pictures of the carbon fibre diffuser extension mounted under a car. For installation do you need any modification or drilling?
Attached the pictures is the diffuser extension for your reference .

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5728.jpeg
    IMG_5728.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 62

308tr6

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Aerie carbon fiber side skirts yet? Curious to know how fitment was, install difficulty and final look results.

The product description is erroneous - it refers to the front splitter. So not much help there. Photos also show these sort of weird little wheel arch protectors or??? Assume that isn't part of the package?

Last edited:

BobbyG

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Aerie carbon fiber side skirts yet? Curious to know how fitment was, install difficulty and final look results.
I have the the rear diffuser, front splitter, and side skirts installed.

Fitment was seamless.

IMO, very high quality Carbon Fiber.

Unfortunately, I’m on vacation right now. I’ll get photos uploaded when I get home over the weekend

308tr6

Reaction score
I have the the rear diffuser, front splitter, and side skirts installed.

Fitment was seamless.

IMO, very high quality Carbon Fiber.

Unfortunately, I’m on vacation right now. I’ll get photos uploaded when I get home over the weekend
Oh cool, thanks for the reply. Look forward to the pix!

OP
S

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New carbon pieces from JUBU for those looking for something very subtle.
IMG_3668.png