Carbon fiber bits

Liquid Hot Magma

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello
I don’t think the oem mesh can take out from the original shift linkage, but we can add some similar mesh for you on the carbon’s parts .👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Here is some honeycombs mesh reference pictures for your reference.

View attachment 39727
I see. Is your mesh plastic or (painted or powder coated) steel? Do you have a circular hexagonal mesh that would match the OEM mesh, instead of the elongated hexagons?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello
I don’t think the oem mesh can take out from the original shift linkage, but we can add some similar mesh for you on the carbon’s parts .👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Here is some honeycombs mesh reference pictures for your reference.

View attachment 39727

Personally I want to go without the screen. Make it nice and visible.

tnbuilder

Reaction score
We don’t have a exactly item of various materials need to be production , here is some example for the forged materials
and herringbone patterns.

The Emira diffuser surround with glossy Forged carbon

View attachment 35309

And the Emira diffuser surround with gloss finish carbon fiber with herringbone patterns (V weave)

View attachment 35310
View attachment 35312
Any videos or instructions on the installation? Especially the rear diffuser with all the sensors and camera...curious how much trouble it would be.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Before Screenshot
IMG_2250.jpeg

After
IMG_2254.jpeg

Looks really good on non black packs

1712232353880.png

photoshop with black pack

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Who else would want one of these, but without the wire?
View attachment 39725
View attachment 39728
An even better solution would be one that removes the cage entirely, as well as the shifter boot above, and have a CF trim ring that finishes the exposed inside of the center console housing around the shifter to make it look complete. That would put the shifter and linkage fully on display in the same way as the later Elise and Exige.

Like these:

1000032522.jpg

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
An even better solution would be one that removes the cage entirely, as well as the shifter boot above, and have a CF trim ring that finishes the exposed inside of the center console housing around the shifter to make it look complete. That would put the shifter and linkage fully on display in the same way as the later Elise and Exige.
The sole reason that mesh is there is because of nannying safety regs in some markets. It wasn't on the Emira launch car so it clearly isn't what Russell Carr originally intended. I have looked at removing it, but it is bonded to the surrounding plastic trim. Unfortunately it looks like you would have to remove the entire centre console to remove/replace the trim and that is a big job.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The sole reason that mesh is there is because of nannying safety regs in some markets. It wasn't on the Emira launch car so it clearly isn't what Russell Carr originally intended. I have looked at removing it, but it is bonded to the surrounding plastic trim. Unfortunately it looks like you would have to remove the entire centre console to remove/replace the trim and that is a big job.
That's correct, it's screwed to the inside of the center console bridge in a way that's not accessible easily. But all the more worth it when it's completed and an appropriate finisher trim is installed.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m half joking, but I wonder if you could just use some snips and put around some carbon fiber trim to cover the spikes.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Like these:

View attachment 40504
My first thought when seeing this is you driving along with the window down. Suddenly, the infamous bee/wasp/bug comes sweeping in and in a stupendous display of navigational prowess, like Bugs Bunny diving into his rabbit hole, goes right into that mechanism just as you're shifting, sacrificing itself in a glorious display of blood, guts and bug mash body parts. Never mind all the dust, crumbs and other things that somehow impossibly make it in there.

If you must do something like this, how about a clear vinyl cover for the shift lever, and clear acrylic for the area down below?

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
My first thought when seeing this is you driving along with the window down. Suddenly, the infamous bee/wasp/bug comes sweeping in and in a stupendous display of navigational prowess, like Bugs Bunny diving into his rabbit hole, goes right into that mechanism just as you're shifting, sacrificing itself in a glorious display of blood, guts and bug mash body parts. Never mind all the dust, crumbs and other things that somehow impossibly make it in there.

If you must do something like this, how about a clear vinyl cover for the shift lever, and clear acrylic for the area down below?

You read my mind, I was thinking tempered glass would be nice and scratch resistant. Having the shifting mechanism exposed definitely feels risky, but maybe we're just overly concerned with a rather unlikely event.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You read my mind, I was thinking tempered glass would be nice and scratch resistant. Having the shifting mechanism exposed definitely feels risky, but maybe we're just overly concerned with a rather unlikely event.
I think you're overly concerned with a rather unlikely event. They literally sold Elises and Exiges this way from the factory for years. And many people converted their Evoras to the same style.

The #1 risk with the Emira is someone jamming loose USB cables into the tray in front of the linkage. Don't do that.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts