Call from Lotus to receive an Emira FE 1 year earlier !

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We will be saying the same next Christmas.
Better not be, anxiously waiting for the lotus site to update to show the final stats for the auto. Keen to know if it’s still coming with higher torque than the manual

Previous auto Evora’s had lower redline’s than manuals. I suspect due to the gearbox weakness, so it may be they have beefed up the auto gearbox in the Emira

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
V6 Auto box builds start in March believe it when I see it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As the first deliveries aren't due until March on current forecasts, Lotus won't mention any delays until late January or early February. Every previous delay has been announced about 6 weeks before the delivery date.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Happy for this guy, but ridiculous people like @TomE don't get any kind of offering with changes allowed. He's now having enough time to change his mind at this point; they are really screwing this up if you ask me.

LotusFan

Reaction score
Regarding privacy glass vs not, one thing to consider is that you may be storing luggage in the area behind the driver, and if you're planning to take the Emira on road trips it might be safer to have privacy glass so people can't see the luggage as readily and try to break in to steal it.

I have had friends who have had things stolen out of their cars / trucks due to lack of tint, and I plan to take my cars on road trips and would feel a bit safer with privacy glass as it keeps people from seeing what's in the area behind the driver / passenger.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We all know US production won't start on time in January... Or Feb.. Or even March.

Please, it's the day before the day before the day before Christmas. Let us try to have positive vibes.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Regarding privacy glass vs not, one thing to consider is that you may be storing luggage in the area behind the driver, and if you're planning to take the Emira on road trips it might be safer to have privacy glass so people can't see the luggage as readily and try to break in to steal it.

I have had friends who have had things stolen out of their cars / trucks due to lack of tint, and I plan to take my cars on road trips and would feel a bit safer with privacy glass as it keeps people from seeing what's in the area behind the driver / passenger.

Yea, road tripping with the Emira, I'll have to be careful about the type of hotel I stay in. :ROFLMAO:

PhilCP

Reaction score

The boot/trunk area is covered, not viewable through the glass.

Having seen both (Privacy and none) side by side it confirmed my decision that without privacy was best for me. Privacy is too dark in anything but sun and isn't cohesive as it doesn't match the front side windows and windscreen.

LotusFan

Reaction score
The boot/trunk area is covered, not viewable through the glass.

Having seen both (Privacy and none) side by side it confirmed my decision that without privacy was best for me. Privacy is too dark in anything but sun and isn't cohesive as it doesn't match the front side windows and windscreen.
I was more concerned with the visible area behind the driver / passenger seat. That little window in front of the C pillar might allow easy peeking into that area, although I have not seen an Emira in person to verify.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think non car enthusiasts will assume there is no space behind the seats for luggage.

Most people are amazed when my kids get out of the back seats of my Evora. One guy exclaimed “where the F*** did those two come from?” and got an elbow in the ribs from his partner!

vroomvroom

Reaction score
Vroom, thanks for the pic. For the first time for me the perceived difference has been quantified. I am also from the DMV area.
Rock on, man! I hope you're the first one in DC to land an Emira! Still patiently waiting with my fingers crossed for an email from Lotus HQ!

Kingslim

Reaction score
Very surprised to hear that, after they have been so strict with anyone else who wants to make similar changes. Fingers crossed they can sort it for you, but it will annoy others who have been locked in for months and told any change means a 6+ month delay.

I assume that means they don't have many other people further down the list they could approach for this cancelled car.
Harry got to make changes with no delay. Bit of an own goal for Lotus given they would have known all their non-VIP customers would see this and wonder how hard it really is to fit a different set of wheels for example.

FlashingBlade

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is really interesting as thats pretty much my spec and I've been quoted June 23 delivery having placed my deposit in Aug '21. I'm wondering if they're wanting to cut the tail off the V6 orders rather than those who placed their order earlier.

Willma

Reaction score
This is really interesting as thats pretty much my spec and I've been quoted June 23 delivery having placed my deposit in Aug '21. I'm wondering if they're wanting to cut the tail off the V6 orders rather than those who placed their order earlier.
So if I place another deposit today I'll get a call next week for a cancellation car. 🤔🤞