"bling my engine"

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So in case this offends anyone understand I'm not a lotus guy....

Went to the event and saw the Emira. I would say by far the most disappointing thing was that the mid-engine on display through the window looked a bit ... cheap?

The hose clamps were kinda janky looking spring clamps, the air intake was just plain rubber, the black cover of the supercharger looked blah compared with the GT Evora I saw which was red.

It just didn't give the same vibe as the rest of the car - didn't feel special looking at that engine. Kinda reminds you that it's just a reworked Camry engine....

So does anyone ever do a little remodel in this area - anodized parts, making things look better? Any prior Evora owners have any examples? Am I just nuts?
Completely agree. First thing I’m doing on my way home from pick up is powder coating the engine to match the calipers. Will have an appt set and everything. Pull in, wait on it. Leave. Ceramic or powder has to break in easy like our engine , low rpm’s. Nice color match red will be awesome 😎

Last edited:

Chadder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I got a Carbon Engine surround 👍
1683315035977.jpeg

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve left mine as is for now, but will probably pull off the two centre pieces to expose more of the engine at a future date.