Best tyre pressures for road and track

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those of you that have already been tracking your Emira I’d be interested to see what your views are for the best road and track pressures.

I found an interesting video explaining some of the reasons for having different pressures for specific set ups and models:

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those of you that have already been tracking your Emira I’d be interested to see what your views are for the best road and track pressures.

I found an interesting video explaining some of the reasons for having different pressures for specific set ups and models:

Great explanation of the importance of correct tire pressure by Robert Mitchel, owner of APEX at the Nürburgring.

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great explanation of the importance of correct tire pressure by Robert Mitchel, owner of APEX at the Nürburgring.
I agree and there are a lot of different views on YouTube which could potentially make you choose a tyre damaging option. Everyone wants better handling but it’s equally important to not destroy the tyres because these sizes ain’t cheap.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A good rule-of-thumb is to take the manufacturer recommended cold road pressures and use them as the hot track pressures.

Nothing he said in that video suggests that this isn’t at least a good starting point.

2Lotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I might have missed this but when he's talking about 2.1 - 2.4 bars is that hot or cold temp's?

Julian73

Reaction score
A good rule-of-thumb is to take the manufacturer recommended cold road pressures and use them as the hot track pressures.

Nothing he said in that video suggests that this isn’t at least a good starting point.
This has been Lotus recommendation on the Evora models. In fact their owners manual said to start at the street cold pressure setting, warm up tires with a few laps and then bleed back down.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I might have missed this but when he's talking about 2.1 - 2.4 bars is that hot or cold temp's?
Like he said, there are multiple factors involved including vehicle weight, engine location, type of tire, etc. It's an excellent video. I believe for the vehicle he was referring to, 2.1 was the cold temperature (about 30 psi) and 2.4 (about 35 psi) was the desired hot temperature. He also talked about an excellent observation of one side of a parked car being in the sun, and the other side in shadow. The sun side heats up the tires on that side only and that skews the performance characteristics of the tires, so don't set all the tires the same pressure until they've all warmed up. This of course requires frequent checking (most of this was related to track use) but there's some good info for using your car on the street to get the best performance and life out of your tires.