• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Aside from horsepower, How does it compare to a Huracan

luciddaydream

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I realize the Huracan has a lot more power...
But.. how do the two cars compare in how they drive?

nickorette

Reaction score
Have a EVO RWD Spyder in the stable, got in 21'. Just took delivery on my Emira V6 Manual FE, Tour suspension.

While I'm still breaking-in the Emira, and haven't had it out of tour mode or above 4k RPM, but I can offer the following random thoughts:

EVO Good:
-The engine is from the motoring gods. When that V10 goes over 7k rpm it literally gives you goosebumps. The V10 from the Perf onwards is one of the all-time engine greats
-The design aesthetic is pure theatre. While there is compromises in ergonomics, I wouldn't have it any other way. It is simply stunning automotive artwork.
-Sense of occasion, makes you feel like a rockstar
-Lambo has one of the best paint selections in the industry. Arancio Atlas (in my example) is absolutely stunning
-Lambo dealer events and drives

EVO Bad:
-Very small boot
-Side mirrors could be better/there's no blindspot monitoring
-Sport seats can cause back pain if not adjusted properly
-Not good for drivers over 6'1"
-Attracts a lot of attention, some of it negative

Overall the positives outweigh the negatives by a considerable margin.

Emira Good
-Supercar looks
-6 Speed manual
-Exceptional ergonomics and visibility
-Shrinks around you
-Full of feedback, confidence inspiring. Encourages you to always go faster
-Imo the best bang for buck enthusiast car on the market today
-Everyone loves Lotus
-Compact dimensions, easy to get in and out of, great for driving in traffic and tight city streets
-Surprisingly useable/practical

Emira Bad
-Lack of options (would love to spec ccb, paint to sample/more paints, lightweight flywheel, carbon seats, bronze wheels?)
-Could do with less road noise on poor surfaces
-Poor/long roll-out
-Stupid start button cover doesn't stay up
-No physical owners manual with car
-I'm getting too confident in this car, have to keep myself in check or this is going to end up in a barrier like the Evora S (RIP, 2014). Not sure why I can drive with restraint with all other marques but Lotus I somehow can't help myself

If you want to water it all down to the most basic premise, the Emira has a stronger man-machine connection, that intoxicating feeling that you feel at one with the car. The EVO RWD is all about theatre, passion and emotion. The engine, the design, makes each time you take the car out a special occasion. Makes you realize and appreciate the sacrifices and hard work you made in life to get there. Did I mention that V10?

Attachments

• 20210629_021252.jpg
    20210629_021252.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210629_012900.jpg
    20210629_012900.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240502_223359_152.jpg
    IMG_20240502_223359_152.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240502_221554_229.jpg
    IMG_20240502_221554_229.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 25

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Driven both cars, NO comparison. The V10 is epic and the sound and power is off the charts. For me, it's the engine as its the heart of the car & in the Lotus, it's always been a compromise, the V6 is lacking in pure high-rev power, and sits too tall in the chassis. Its super reliable but this is the reality that has always bothered me about the car. Also, you are looking at a price spread of a minimum of 150k, truly can't compare the two.
Lotus Emira's handling and aluminum structure has tremendous capabilities with steering that make it a true driver's car.

Last edited:

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Driven both cars, NO comparison. The V10 is epic and the sound and power Is off the charts.

The gap is power between the 2 is pretty big, and a supercharged 6 will never howl like a NA V10….

But

I would imagine that the Emira would feel much more alive than a Lamborghini in almost every other way. It’s physically smaller, lighter, RWD, and probably changes direction much faster. The Emira’s exhaust volume can be turned up quite a bit with an aftermarket exhaust, and eventually aftermarket parts will probably allow the power gap to be considerably narrowed.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll admit I could be completely wrong because I’ve never driven a huracan.

The Emira is a completely different animal, with a different focus.

The Lamborghini is more of a sledgehammer car to me. AWD, raucous, flamboyant. I love the spirit of the car, but it’s entirely different than an Emira.

Having driven very fast modified AMG sedans and Corvettes, I primarily walked away from those cars with an overwhelming sense of speed and power, but frankly not much else.

I imagine Lamborghinis to be sort of the same, but with fantastic over the top styling and the panache of the badge they wear.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They both have covers over the engine start button. So yeah pretty much the same.

In reality the lambo wins in all super car things but probably not fun to drive category assuming that means driver engagement.