❔ QUESTION Appearance of Seneca Blue in person

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I first decided on purchasing an Emira I was instantly set on Seneca Blue. After having test driven and seen Nimbus Grey in person, I have subsequently switched to NG. I really loved Nimbus and my current car is blue, so decided to go in a different direction. I would still love to see Seneca Blue in person prior to finalizing my order, however I don't think that's going to happen.

I've seen several videos/pictures of Seneca where it looks 'different'. This again occurred in Jay Leno's most recent video with the Emira where it appears more aqua/turquise in appearance. I assume this is just some post-production color alteration, but I'm curious if Seneca Blue actually has any resemblance to this appearance in person.

In comparison, the new C8 Corvette has a Rapid Blue color that I suspect is more similar to the actual appearance of Seneca Blue in person.

To anyone that owns or have seen Seneca Blue, could you comment on it's appearance in relation to the Corvette Rapid Blue and/or the Seneca Blue in Jay Leno's recent review?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about the video cover shot? In the video itself, the color of the car is "correct". The cover photo looks off.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seneca was my choice from the beginning and I didnt see one in person until a factory visit in June. I'm very pleased with it. Its not flat/saturated at all. It looks similar to what you see in photos mostly. I thought it looked much better in person. Havent seen rapid blue on a vette. I didnt detect much aqua or turquoise in it.
Have you at least seen a sample in person.
IMG_1236.JPG

OP
ttvetdoc

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Are you talking about the video cover shot? In the video itself, the color of the car is "correct". The cover photo looks off.

Correct - thumbnail photo. I actually like the aqua look to that shot but I suspected it wasn't accurate. I'm surprised Jay Leno's team wouldn't more correctly depict the color, especially as it looks different throughout the video.

OP
ttvetdoc

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seneca was my choice from the beginning and I didnt see one in person until a factory visit in June. I'm very pleased with it. Its not flat/saturated at all. It looks similar to what you see in photos mostly. I thought it looked much better in person. Havent seen rapid blue on a vette. I didnt detect much aqua or turquoise in it.
Have you at least seen a sample in person.
View attachment 29974

I have seen that same color sample in person and I didn't detect much 'aqua' in it. The thumbnail really just looked 'off' to me.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When I first decided on purchasing an Emira I was instantly set on Seneca Blue. After having test driven and seen Nimbus Grey in person, I have subsequently switched to NG. I really loved Nimbus and my current car is blue, so decided to go in a different direction. I would still love to see Seneca Blue in person prior to finalizing my order, however I don't think that's going to happen.

I've seen several videos/pictures of Seneca where it looks 'different'. This again occurred in Jay Leno's most recent video with the Emira where it appears more aqua/turquise in appearance. I assume this is just some post-production color alteration, but I'm curious if Seneca Blue actually has any resemblance to this appearance in person.

In comparison, the new C8 Corvette has a Rapid Blue color that I suspect is more similar to the actual appearance of Seneca Blue in person.

To anyone that owns or have seen Seneca Blue, could you comment on it's appearance in relation to the Corvette Rapid Blue and/or the Seneca Blue in Jay Leno's recent review?
Seneca is with out doubt the best colour and I've had a good look at all the colours up close, but it really is a personal choice.
I think I mentioned on another thread that Seneca does seem to change even to the naked eye depending on the conditions/setting you are in just like on all the videos.

For me it's when the car is clean and in the bright sunshine that it looks best 😍

The Emira doesn't look half as good in a dark colour.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thumbnail is way off — have seen Seneca and Rapid blue both in person — Seneca is a slightly darker shade of blue and more vibrant.

Seneca is also has metallic paint flake in it while Rapid blue is flat from what I remember.

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The thing about Seneca is, it is a deeply saturated color. Like, it almost hurts the eyes when you see it in sunshine (in a good way). It's not a BRIGHT color, it's more of a medium shade. In fact, the shade doesn't read to the eye as very special BUT that saturation effect is unique and is what makes it "read" as extraordinary (as in, not ordinary) in person.

Cameras cannot handle the saturation of this color. That's why you see so many different variations of the same color. Camera software and sensors are all trying to "balance" the colors in the image and since Seneca's saturation is the thing pulling the whole scene out of balance, it gets pulled in various directions. Every camera has a slightly different way of handling it. To make matters worse, Seneca shifts in the light and can appear pretty different in sun/shade, just as Magma, Nimbus and DV also do.

Jay's thumbnail is so far off I wouldn't be surprised if there's some extra post process on the image.

The corvette color as displayed in that image above is pretty close to reality, actually, and does communicate some of the deep saturation in a similar way.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Great comparison and super helpful, really appreciate it!

No problem. I had the pic saved because I was debating if I wanted Seneca for nearly 2 years. I like the darker blues and really dislike baby blue on cars personally. Some pics and video would look great while others looked absolutely terrible IMO. I eventually locked in my order with Seneca, but have since cancelled all together. I hope you enjoy yours when it arrives!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's Seneca over Rapid Blue. We also have a dedicated Seneca Blue photo thread here.

pxl_20211030_152647566-jpg.1300952

If I had seen this image back when I was originally ordering it would have been super helpful.

From all the initial photos and videos online back in 2021, Seneca looked very similar to the light blue on the Ford Focus RS, which was not sophisticated enough for this car in my opinion. More recent videos and photos of the car in full production paint look darker , richer, and more complex.

OP
ttvetdoc

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No problem. I had the pic saved because I was debating if I wanted Seneca for nearly 2 years. I like the darker blues and really dislike baby blue on cars personally. Some pics and video would look great while others looked absolutely terrible IMO. I eventually locked in my order with Seneca, but have since cancelled all together. I hope you enjoy yours when it arrives!

I had a #1 allocation for the new BMW M2 (which I ultimately ended up giving up with the FE 2.0 allocation), but I had to look at plenty of zandvoort blue pictures of the new M2 over on the BMW forums. It doesn't get more baby blue than that. I never could get used to that color.

My current M2 is the Long Beach Blue color which I still love after 4 years of owning.

IMG_5179.JPEG

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a #1 allocation for the new BMW M2 (which I ultimately ended up giving up with the FE 2.0 allocation), but I had to look at plenty of zandvoort blue pictures of the new M2 over on the BMW forums. It doesn't get more baby blue than that. I never could get used to that color.

My current M2 is the Long Beach Blue color which I still love after 4 years of owning.

View attachment 29990
That is an excellent blue. My other favorite from them is Estoril Blue.

rich64

Reaction score
I love the blue colour...Originally I was going to go with yellow, however glad I changed to blue. The colour changes in the light conditions. In the dark it looks like a flat colour. In bright sunlight the metallic shines and the colour lightens considerably.
I would still choose this colour over the any of the new colours released.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 7.19.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 7.19.52 AM.png
    1,010.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 7.19.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 7.19.43 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 87