• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Appearance of Seneca Blue in person

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I first decided on purchasing an Emira I was instantly set on Seneca Blue. After having test driven and seen Nimbus Grey in person, I have subsequently switched to NG. I really loved Nimbus and my current car is blue, so decided to go in a different direction. I would still love to see Seneca Blue in person prior to finalizing my order, however I don't think that's going to happen.

I've seen several videos/pictures of Seneca where it looks 'different'. This again occurred in Jay Leno's most recent video with the Emira where it appears more aqua/turquise in appearance. I assume this is just some post-production color alteration, but I'm curious if Seneca Blue actually has any resemblance to this appearance in person.

In comparison, the new C8 Corvette has a Rapid Blue color that I suspect is more similar to the actual appearance of Seneca Blue in person.

To anyone that owns or have seen Seneca Blue, could you comment on it's appearance in relation to the Corvette Rapid Blue and/or the Seneca Blue in Jay Leno's recent review?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Amazing!! :ROFLMAO: . The blue did look flat/matte in previous pictures that I've looked at (which I didn't like), but this thread has reassured me that there is a depth and vibrance to it.
It's absolutely not flat, it's extremely vibrant and shimmers in the light. As mentioned by @GetawayDriving it's so vibrant it just completely overwhelms the eyes. It got a lot of attention while I was test driving it.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Say no more, I got you! ;)

View attachment 30002
Not pointing this out to be a knob, just trying to be factually correct (in the vague hope it might be helpful)... That's actually a mk4 Focus ST in Azure blue in that pic... Very similar shade to the mk3 Focus RS Nitrous blue, but subtly different (Nitrous is multi-layer metallic, so changes more in the light... Similar in that way to Seneca Blue, in fact).

Seneca Blue is definitely a deeper, more saturated colour, and I suppose for comparison purposes, that pic does serve the purpose to show this (albeit not directly with RS Nitrous blue).

Both Seneca and Nitrous are VERY difficult to photograph in a way to accurately represent the colour, especially with anything that does any processing to the photos (i.e. like pretty much every phone camera!).

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those photos should be dropped into the photo thread! Wish I could have seen them before my decision… Really helpful😍

Here are my indoor photos for some additional hint. I felt it as a flat colour, but haven’t seen it under the direct sun light yet, so my opinion might be change (hope so!).
Didn’t feel “too dark” btw.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1975.jpeg
    IMG_1975.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 90

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seneca does look like a solid "flat" colour when not in the sun. However the silver metallic fleck shines through, giving it depth in the sunlight. Its a bit of a chameleon that way.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a Nimbus V6 and a Seneca i4 on order and have seen all the launch colours many times. In my view both Seneca and Nimbus are great colours - much depends on what you are looking for, Nimbus is discrete & more subtle whereas Seneca has much more impact. That’s the reason it was the launch car colour. They both look different in sun vs shade vs artificial light. Nimbus has a bronze look particularly in the shade And probably shows off the lines of the car best.

OP
ttvetdoc

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a Nimbus V6 and a Seneca i4 on order and have seen all the launch colours many times. In my view both Seneca and Nimbus are great colours - much depends on what you are looking for, Nimbus is discrete & more subtle whereas Seneca has much more impact. That’s the reason it was the launch car colour. They both look different in sun vs shade vs artificial light. Nimbus has a bronze look particularly in the shade And probably shows off the lines of the car best.

Good insight, thanks. I think I'm going to stick with Nimbus at this time. I really liked it when I saw it in person, and I like the slight bronze hue in some lights - very unique. I'm sure Seneca will look amazing as well when I see one on the road.

Drevil

Reaction score
When I first decided on purchasing an Emira I was instantly set on Seneca Blue. After having test driven and seen Nimbus Grey in person, I have subsequently switched to NG. I really loved Nimbus and my current car is blue, so decided to go in a different direction. I would still love to see Seneca Blue in person prior to finalizing my order, however I don't think that's going to happen.

I've seen several videos/pictures of Seneca where it looks 'different'. This again occurred in Jay Leno's most recent video with the Emira where it appears more aqua/turquise in appearance. I assume this is just some post-production color alteration, but I'm curious if Seneca Blue actually has any resemblance to this appearance in person.

In comparison, the new C8 Corvette has a Rapid Blue color that I suspect is more similar to the actual appearance of Seneca Blue in person.

To anyone that owns or have seen Seneca Blue, could you comment on it's appearance in relation to the Corvette Rapid Blue and/or the Seneca Blue in Jay Leno's recent review?
I took these in Hethel a few months ago. It’s a beautiful color in person

Attachments

• IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3570.jpeg
    IMG_3570.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 73

Dougal

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I went for Seneca blue and delighted with it …I got it paint corrected and ceramic coating and it really brought out brilliantly and I’m not sure I agree with the post you only see the metallic in Sun …I catch glimpses of it all the time and I live in Scotland and Sunny days are few and far between …personally I think the brighter colours show off the curves and slashes of the body better …they seem to soften in the darker cars …just my opinion

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score

My neighbor has a Caddilac sedan which looks similar to the Seneca colour.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Seneca is with out doubt the best colour and I've had a good look at all the colours up close, but it really is a personal choice.
I think I mentioned on another thread that Seneca does seem to change even to the naked eye depending on the conditions/setting you are in just like on all the videos.

For me it's when the car is clean and in the bright sunshine that it looks best 😍

The Emira doesn't look half as good in a dark colour.
What about the new colors? Im a die hard seneca blue fan.. but am now considering the white color.