• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Body Color and Appearance: Is maximum brightness really the best?

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while now. On one hand a bright yellow, red, or some other not-so-common color is great for getting attention at a cars & coffee event, but when you decide to stop by a restaurant, Home Depot, or other type of store, do you really want anyone within 100 yards drawn to your car?
I am attracted to the dark Verdant because it really doesn't "project" its exotic car-like shape unless the sun is hitting it at a steep angle. In other words, most of the time it may not be nearly as noticeable as a bright yellow Emira.

Thoughts?

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I think the looks/shape overpower the color. Even a black/dark blue will draw the onlookers. If you want something discreet, the Emira is not that!

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've thought about this too. Nimbus is certainly more under the radar than the Seneca I chose. But I'm not man enough to take a car like this and park it in a restaurant parking lot anyway, so I went for what in my opinion is the most "fun" color. I love them all.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've thought about this too. Nimbus is certainly more under the radar than the Seneca I chose. But I'm not man enough to take a car like this and park it in a restaurant parking lot anyway, so I went for what in my opinion is the most "fun" color. I love them all.
Not man enough? I don’t get it lol

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve always thought that sports cars should be bright colours, ever since I saw a green Miura as a kid. Surely that’s the point? They’re fun. Not practical.
As the guys at Everyday Driver like to say, sports cars should be in Skittles colors.

imageService.jpeg

I mean think about it... If Lotus had used this as their available color palette (and replace the pinks with a grey, white, and black) people would have been delighted.
dywl7lkt8lcjdocllx1f.png

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve always thought that sports cars should be bright colours, ever since I saw a green Miura as a kid. Surely that’s the point? They’re fun. Not practical.
There’s quite a large group of people that have a reservation on the Emira that think the Emira is going to be their practical everyday car.

I’m sure as hell not one of them but I guess they can go bring their dog to the groomer or bring home some lumber for a project or whatever.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There’s quite a large group of people that have a reservation on the Emira that think the Emira is going to be their practical everyday car.

I’m sure as hell not one of them but I guess they can go bring their dog to the groomer or bring home some lumber for a project or whatever.
It's for projects like building a small birdhouse, with very short bits of plywood and pint-size cans of paint. 🐦

Trips to the grocer will cover a max of 2 dinners, and just enough eggs for the week.

Full size pizza boxes need not apply. That's an extravagance that they don't need their "daily driver" to fulfill. 🤣

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Let me put it this way: sit next to a busy road for a few minutes, watch a thousand cars go by, and then tell me which colours the world needs more of. :)

OP
Concept24

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wtf the colors not work like that

If I put pink on a 5K$ Hyundai it won’t convert to an exotic car

The shape is what people will say amazing car and the emira is , whatever the color you choose
I once rented a 2015 Corvette with a tinted mirror wrap. Believe me, that car got as much or more attention than the McLaren 570S I rented. And really, C7 Corvettes are fairly common.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira's design is accentuated by colors that contrasts with the black rocker panels and black roof, forming a thin pinched waist design that is very pleasing to look at. The brighter the color, the stronger this effect. Really the only two colors that don't show this effect are the Dark Verdant and Shadow Grey. A lot of cars look great in dark colors, but it's a poor fit for the Emira, in my opinion.