Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m part of what was the September crew. Got similar email from CS this afternoon but with ‘please rest assured that your vehicle is soon to be finalised in production’ ………. SOON!
So more like Oct build rather than Sept. That's a shame and seems to be the case for all except one of the September Nine.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
'Several' ie half a dozen
'Completed ' 100s but not actually road worthy until late Nov/Dec
Several = 2 I'm aware of, 1 on here and 1 on another forum. Both did checkout 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since about a delivery date.

Completed = 99% built but missing parts that prevent them being delivered.

I'm sure they have pulled all the stops out, but continue to encounter obstacles that prevent them getting cars delivered. Frustrating for everyone, customers and Lotus.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Several = 2 I'm aware of, 1 on here and 1 on another forum. Both did checkout 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since about a delivery date.

I'm sure they have pulled all the stops out, but continue to encounter obstacles that prevent them getting cars delivered. Frustrating for everyone, customers and Lotus.
FFS - I'm out!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

And in the case of the V6 auto, still no sign of Type Approval. I know that some of the October builds (mine included) are autos. I am really wondering now if the V6 auto will ever appear.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Same here! I sold my G82 at the beginning of this year for a very nice gain when I wanted to get an Emira. Ended up finding a GT4 allocation in May. It started production today, actually, and gets delivered on November 11th. I know Porsche isn't everyone's cup of tea around here, but they will deliver you a car when they say so.
Congratulations on getting a GT4. I visited 2 Porsche dealers, couldn't have been more helpful, offering test drives and a proper sit down discussion to ensure the car would be right for my needs. Feeling more and more this is the road to go down. Especially with how Lotus are.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If demo cars are 2 weeks away (or have apparently arrived at one dealer) I would have thought the centralised test drive process would have kicked off by now to schedule people in. I assume I haven't missed anything and at this point no one has been contacted to book a slot.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a conversation with someone today who has spoken to someone they know very well who saw several transporters being loaded with Emiras, at the factory, in the last few days............
Did they happen to be left hand drive cars, as it seem those customers are more important than UK customers.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If demo cars are 2 weeks away (or have apparently arrived at one dealer) I would have thought the centralised test drive process would have kicked off by now to schedule people in. I assume I haven't missed anything and at this point no one has been contacted to book a slot.
No you haven't missed anything. I will be suprised if that happens and it will end up as a free for all.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m part of what was the September crew. Got similar email from CS this afternoon but with ‘please rest assured that your vehicle is soon to be finalised in production’ ………. SOON!
I think, over the many months of waiting for our cars, we probably agree that "soon" has no meaningful timeframe. They seem to use it instead of being honest about what is going on. Surely most of us would feel perhaps slightly better about these delays if we were told exactly what was really happening. And not tell us, in my case, delivery in February then March........ then October then November.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Email from CC today. Tone has changed a bit from a more upbeat message a month or so ago…

At present, based on the information we have available you are scheduled for October production with a November estimated delivery. Please be advised that no delays are confirmed currently, but this may be subject to change.

We are currently in discussions with the factory in regards to production wait times and orders due. Please bare with us whilst we finalising some details as we get further information for you. As soon as more details are confirmed we will be in touch regarding the process of your reservation.

Thank you for your patience during this time.
Oh my days what a shit show this is turning out to be - what can I buy ?????
FFS - I'm out!
stay strong 💪🏼 you’ll get thro this we’re all with you, you have so far. One for all and all for one ☝️ we can rise above this shit show and overcome amen 🙏🏼 😘 your like me I just like to throw a hissy fit every few weeks - just let it all out and cleanse your soul haha 😛

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Oh my days what a shit show this is turning out to be - what can I buy ?????

stay strong 💪🏼 you’ll get thro this we’re all with you, you have so far. One for all and all for one ☝️ we can rise above this shit show and overcome amen 🙏🏼 😘 your like me I just like to throw a hissy fit every few weeks - just let it all out and cleanse your soul haha 😛
There are Porsche Centres in both Wallsend and Stocton on Tees, perhaps you could have a look at a Boxster or Cayman

Ian C

Reaction score
I have no problem with delay . But as its end of Sept I thought I would go back on the official comms I have had since placing my order

22nd Oct 2021 - second deposit paid
13th April 22 , advising June build / July delivery
16th June 22 - the MW video
10th Aug 22 , advising Oct build Nov delivery
Nothing since then so assume all is in hand .

When you strip out all the forum and CS discussion is just two emails and a video in a year . That's fine if the car is coming in Nov but it would be good to know all is on track officially. Demo cars promised end Aug , still no update . How hard is it to send a monthly email update .

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They’ve said they won’t start the test drive bookings until every UK dealer has a demo car. No indication on how long that means, but I assume mid Oct.

I’ll see what B&C say tomorrow, as they now have a demo car but apparently can’t do test drives until Lotus tell them.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have no problem with delay . But as its end of Sept I thought I would go back on the official comms I have had since placing my order

22nd Oct 2021 - second deposit paid
13th April 22 , advising June build / July delivery
16th June 22 - the MW video
10th Aug 22 , advising Oct build Nov delivery
Nothing since then so assume all is in hand .

When you strip out all the forum and CS discussion is just two emails and a video in a year . That's fine if the car is coming in Nov but it would be good to know all is on track officially. Demo cars promised end Aug , still no update . How hard is it to send a monthly email update .
I have a custom cabinet shop and I always pad my delivery estimates. That way if something unexpected comes up I still have on-time delivery and usually I am early which makes for very happy customers. It ain't rocket science, don't make promises unless you know you can keep em. This is the result! It looks to me like everyone is calculating production rates at full capacity. Anyone who has ever done production scheduling/machine loading knows to plan at an 85% efficiency to account for unkown shit! That ain't rocket science either...:)

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They’ve said they won’t start the test drive bookings until every UK dealer has a demo car. No indication on how long that means, but I assume mid Oct.

I’ll see what B&C say tomorrow, as they now have a demo car but apparently can’t do test drives until Lotus tell them.
It beggars belief how Lotus are treating their customers. I can't help but think that at the event tomorrow you will be reminded of the (UK) TV show Bullseye where Jim Bowen says " Here's what you could have won" as you look at the Emira, that you are forbidden to drive.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There are Porsche Centres in both Wallsend and Stocton on Tees, perhaps you could have a look at a Boxster or Cayman
Sorry I have always thought the boxster is a hairdressers 💇‍♀️ Car and I kid you not my hairdresser 💇‍♀️ guess what she drives say no more ….. Porsches have never floated my boat - the look of them are simply dated IMO they do not pass the head turner test. My cars every time I park up always look back more than once and 😊 at the beauty that they are