Another new arrival - Seneca for Christmas

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Today was a very good day.

I picked up the car from lotus Sussex just after it finished raining and have already put 100 miles on it driving round avoiding the flooded roads.

The car feels great. I’ve got the tour suspension but it felt surprisingly similar to the sport I test drove - I’m sure they are tour however I’m going to have a good look at the springs and dampers tomorrow just to be sure. Still felt firm but nice and composed and “sporty”.

The paint looks great to me, I’m fussy although I’m far from being a paint pro.

The doors seals were almost completely wrinkle free - so happy with those.

The gear-knob was smooth a perfectly machined.

Car sounds great as well. I mostly kept it in sport and it felt like a good balance between noise and being obnoxious!

Played with the stereo settings and found a good balance. Sound was ok for my simple tastes and more than loud / punchy enough. I turned it off after a bit to enjoy the mechanical sounds coming from behind my head.

Gear shift was perfect - lovely and precise. Didn’t miss a single shift all afternoon.

Seats were good, perhaps a little hard to begin with but there’s a decent amount of adjustment so I’m sure I’ll find the right setup.

The brakes did feel grabbier than in the test drive but I very soon got used to them.

I’d like the throttle response to be a little quicker but I believe that can be tweaked with an aftermarket part?

Everything so far has worked as expected with the only possible glitch being the auto wiper settings being a little sensitive.

It feels fantastic to be finally driving around in a Lotus… something I’ve wanted to say for years! Even when I was stuck in town in traffic I didn’t at any point feel like a dick!

So far, I love love love it… and I’ve come from a 991.2 GT3 😘

I hope the love affair continues.

(My daughter wanted to be in the pic after accompanying me on my maiden voyage)
B9CD595B-4507-48B0-9F5A-6C15C5115DAA.jpeg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Today was a very good day.

I picked up the car from lotus Sussex just after it finished raining and have already put 100 miles on it driving round avoiding the flooded roads.

The car feels great. I’ve got the tour suspension but it felt surprisingly similar to the sport I test drove - I’m sure they are tour however I’m going to have a good look at the springs and dampers tomorrow just to be sure. Still felt firm but nice and composed and “sporty”.

The paint looks great to me, I’m fussy although I’m far from being a paint pro.

The doors seals were almost completely wrinkle free - so happy with those.

The gear-knob was smooth a perfectly machined.

Car sounds great as well. I mostly kept it in sport and it felt like a good balance between noise and being obnoxious!

Played with the stereo settings and found a good balance. Sound was ok for my simple tastes and more than loud / punchy enough. I turned it off after a bit to enjoy the mechanical sounds coming from behind my head.

Gear shift was perfect - lovely and precise. Didn’t miss a single shift all afternoon.

Seats were good, perhaps a little hard to begin with but there’s a decent amount of adjustment so I’m sure I’ll find the right setup.

The brakes did feel grabbier than in the test drive but I very soon got used to them.

I’d like the throttle response to be a little quicker but I believe that can be tweaked with an aftermarket part?

Everything so far has worked as expected with the only possible glitch being the auto wiper settings being a little sensitive.

It feels fantastic to be finally driving around in a Lotus… something I’ve wanted to say for years! Even when I was stuck in town in traffic I didn’t at any point feel like a dick!

So far, I love love love it… and I’ve come from a 991.2 GT3 😘

I hope the love affair continues.

(My daughter wanted to be in the pic after accompanying me on my maiden voyage)
View attachment 20495

Awesome!! So excited for you. Can't wait to have my Seneca Emira in my own garage.

Elisesquared

Reaction score
Awesome! What color wheels? If silver, would you mind grabbing a side view pic?

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations and thanks for the first day summary! Merry Christmas indeed!

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Very jealous from across the pond. Great you were able to share experience with daughter. Looks awesome!🤤

OP
J

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
CE0ACBE3-736B-41F1-920E-A37BB2E35AE0.jpeg

Attachments

• 6209429C-B4EF-47DC-9DA6-CB5A82141A41.jpeg
    6209429C-B4EF-47DC-9DA6-CB5A82141A41.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 925A8D53-1509-4D05-B5EC-6CFA9AF4BC59.jpeg
    925A8D53-1509-4D05-B5EC-6CFA9AF4BC59.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 258
OP
J

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Pic 1. Gear knob.

Pic 2. Condensation pattern on the bonnet in the damp.

Pic 3. My dream garage.

Last edited:

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations!! More pictures please 😁

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congrats !! Happy Motoring & Merry Christmas

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wonderful to see, and I loved that your daughter wanted to be in the picture! Merry Christmas to you and all yours!