Aftermarket Emira coming in 2022

khamai

Reaction score
Mattel announced the release of a Lotus Emira as a part of their 2022 series. Also on the list of releases is a Lotus Evija.

mattel-reveals-7-new-hot-wheels-vehicles-you-can-get-them-in-2022-and-2023_3.jpg
mattel-reveals-7-new-hot-wheels-vehicles-you-can-get-them-in-2022-and-2023_4.jpg

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
When is the expected release date?

Mattel has not stated. However, here's a list of the 250 models to be released in 2022-2023. The Evija is listed at 229 and the Emira has yet to get a designation.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
and... Target or Walmart are unlikely to tack on additional dealer markup. We expect to pay MSRP. Also, neither retailer is accepting deposits at this time. Don't expect any call for when your car will be built. You'll just need to go into the stores and purchase. ;););)

Kiyoshi

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
and... Target or Walmart are unlikely to tack on additional dealer markup. We expect to pay MSRP. Also, neither retailer is accepting deposits at this time. Don't expect any call for when your car will be built. You'll just need to go into the stores and purchase. ;););)

Kiyoshi
It’s official we are purchasing a super car, en exotic!!!!! 😊😎🤩

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This settles it. I’m getting both the Evija and Emira.

Still want to see the Emira in DV but I’ll settle for a green Evija in the meantime.

#ForTheMiniature

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Still want to see the Emira in DV but I’ll settle for a green Evija in the meantime.

#ForTheMiniature

#ForTheMiniature
Allocation is limited to 700 units, rumor has it.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I prefer this diamond cut wheel design over the flower inspired design.

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
Can one order Hotwheels directly from Mattel anywhere online?
Hey Mick!

Mattel doesn't sell direct to consumers, only through distribution and retailers. Typically Hot Wheels are sold in an assorted case lot, not by individual models. There are a few retailers & distributors that will purchase case lots and then break out and sell the cars by individual models. You can find these folks selling on ebay or amazon (search "hot wheels Lotus"). That said, neither the Evija or Emira Hot Wheels have been released. I suspect we won't see them until the fall.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey Mick!

Mattel doesn't sell direct to consumers, only through distribution and retailers. Typically Hot Wheels are sold in an assorted case lot, not by individual models. There are a few retailers & distributors that will purchase case lots and then break out and sell the cars by individual models. You can find these folks selling on ebay or amazon (search "hot wheels Lotus"). That said, neither the Evija or Emira Hot Wheels have been released. I suspect we won't see them until the fall.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

That's a shame. I wish they'd adopt the LEGO model where you can go to their web site and order which ever sets you want.

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
That's a shame. I wish they'd adopt the LEGO model where you can go to their web site and order which ever sets you want.

Who knows, it might happen as more manufacturers as the trend is to go direct to consumers. The only barrier for Mattel and specifically Hot Wheels is the $1 USD price point isn't conducive for on-line retail (think the cost of freight v. goods).

Kiyoshi

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score