A unicorn joins the stable

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is an epic set of wheels, @TomE ! Congratulations! Well done sir!

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations @TomE on having the skill to earn enough money to buy such a lovely car. It’s people like you who keep the workers at Hethel gainfully employed.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Congrats on adding this amazing car to your garage! She's a beauty! 😍

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tom if ever want to sell it let me know. However don’t think it’s legal to import that model to US

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom if ever want to sell it let me know. However don’t think it’s legal to import that model to US

There’s a story around that. Lotus originally offered the GT430 for US customers to order and took several deposits. But they couldn’t get it homolgated in the US (maybe the front splitter and bumper?) and had to let people down.

I know a couple of Evora GTs in the US have been converted to nearly GT430 spec.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There’s a story around that. Lotus originally offered the GT430 for US customers to order and took several deposits. But they couldn’t get it homolgated in the US (maybe the front splitter and bumper?) and had to let people down.

I know a couple of Evora GTs in the US have been converted to nearly GT430 spec.

If you know who did the conversion let me know.
Just love your car. I’m jealous.
I’m going to keep my GT but getting it to the 430 spec would be great. Will then be my track car and the Emira my everyday car.

JPSpecial

Reaction score
Many congratulations. It remains to be seen if Lotus will ever produce an Emira that can match it as a drivers car. Lotus being focused on volume and Geely pushing for EVs asap makes it unlikely.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3255.jpeg
Congratulations Tom! That’s an amazing ride and color. Very happy for you. Cameras cannot capture the depth and the different shades you see as light travels through it.

I need to do the Certificate of Provenance on my 2021 Evora GT. I don’t think there are many Liquid Yellow in the US since it was a ~$8K USD option on a car that not many people were buying to begin with.
Finally ordered and received the Certificate of Provenance for the Evora. As far as I know, this program is not available for Emira… yet.

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Finally ordered and received the Certificate of Provenance for the Evora. As far as I know, this program is not available for Emira… yet.
It is available for the Emira, in the UK at least. I ordered mine from my local dealer. I did notice there is also an online site that may ship to US.