A good car video - The Problem with Porsche

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This doesn't have anything to do with comparisons or the Emira. I just thought this was a good video and wanted to share it with other car enthusiasts. When you get some time at night or the weekend have a look. The title is misleading, it actually is a video speaking very well about Porsche.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Brilliant!! I've never been a Porsche fan, not because I disagree but rather because when I was younger found it to be an old people's car, now that I'm old, I've come to appreciate what great cars they make! before i purchased my GT, I was ready to pull the trigger on a Cayman GT4 but the prices in Florida right now are like Hurricane Ian, allover the place...

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This doesn't have anything to do with comparisons or the Emira. I just thought this was a good video and wanted to share it with other car enthusiasts. When you get some time at night or the weekend have a look. The title is misleading, it actually is a video speaking very well about Porsche.

What's the "tl;dw"? That Porsches are so good that they ruin other cars for you, or something like that?

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
What's the "tl;dw"? That Porsches are so good that they ruin other cars for you, or something like that?

Good good catch. So that's what the title means. I guess I didn't even consider that. A little presumptuous!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

It's not my cuppa tea, but the 992 TurboS really is the benchmark in blunt edged performance. Whether you are a Porsche fan or not you have to appreciate how in stock form it humbles pretty much every other car (and bike) out there.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's not my cuppa tea, but the 992 TurboS really is the benchmark in blunt edged performance. Whether you are a Porsche fan or not you have to appreciate how in stock form it humbles pretty much every other car (and bike) out there.
I was lucky enough to be driven round Thruxton in a 992 Turbo S by Karun Chandok, it was so fast and so capable.. but almost too good, when he drove an Alpine A110 on the same day, he said it was more fun and engaging... that says it all to me..

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be driven round Thruxton in a 992 Turbo S by Karun Chandok, it was so fast and so capable.. but almost too good, when he drove an Alpine A110 on the same day, he said it was more fun and engaging... that says it all to me..
Yup I think they took those original 'widow maker' Turbos from the 80s and refined them to the point of boringness. Still an incredible tool though. And now Brabus and Techart etc are offering 850bhp+ versions. I imagine these may be a little more exciting on the limit!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The capabilities of these cars is truly amazing. My 991.1 TTS is insanely fast. Stock it goes 2.6 sec to 60. Mine has some aftermarket bits so probably a little faster than that. It is a Jekyll and Hyde car and I love it for that.
The other thing is that it's just rock solid. They tested the launch capabilities of the 991.1 gen to see how many times it could be launched before it wavered. They set out to do 50...they stopped at 61 cause they lost count. All launches pretty much identical. Porsche claims to have done 1000 consecutive launches. How many cars can do this?

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/th...-s-engineering-50-back-to-back-hard-launches/

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score

I guess I will watch it all at one point, BUT the guy needs to use pronouns!!! After the first 4 mins I dont want to hear the word P o r s h A mentioned ever again, it must be 20 times.
How about they, them, it, those guys, their cars...the brand.... DONT say porscha again please.... and this from a Porsche owner

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The capabilities of these cars is truly amazing. My 991.1 TTS is insanely fast. Stock it goes 2.6 sec to 60. Mine has some aftermarket bits so probably a little faster than that. It is a Jekyll and Hyde car and I love it for that.
The other thing is that it's just rock solid. They tested the launch capabilities of the 991.1 gen to see how many times it could be launched before it wavered. They set out to do 50...they stopped at 61 cause they lost count. All launches pretty much identical. Porsche claims to have done 1000 consecutive launches. How many cars can do this?

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/th...-s-engineering-50-back-to-back-hard-launches/

"they stopped at 61 cause they lost count"
Im saying nothing with the logic here...... you opened the barn door, but I wont walk through it.. haha

I would like to see your TTS /GTS doing less than 2.5 seconds... I know they understate their figures, but less than 2.5 with a couple of mods... that would be very quick. Even the 992 which is more powerful is 3.3 say porsche, but about 2.9 in reality.... so 2.6 for a 991 does seem....... Lets have a video :)

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw a Youtube drag race between a GT3 and a Tesla Plaid and the GT3 stayed neck to neck for half the race, mind you the Tesla had 500 more torque (I refuse on call HP to an electric motor :) ) couldn't believe it!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
"they stopped at 61 cause they lost count"
Im saying nothing with the logic here...... you opened the barn door, but I wont walk through it.. haha

I would like to see your TTS /GTS doing less than 2.5 seconds... I know they understate their figures, but less than 2.5 with a couple of mods... that would be very quick. Even the 992 which is more powerful is 3.3 say porsche, but about 2.9 in reality.... so 2.6 for a 991 does seem....... Lets have a video :)

Lol! Did you watch the video? He literally lost track on run 6! Said he thought it was run 8.

I didn't make the video...just posted it. He said Porsche said the car could run a 2.9, but they recorded a 2.6. This is not just a Carrera/GTS. This was a Turbo S.
There was a 992 Turbo S did a 2.1 second 0-60.
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/01/t...-1-sec-and-¼-mile-in-9-9-sec-in-cds-test/amp/

But my posting that video was more about the car doing multiple back to back launches. Let's just say 50 then and say they lied 😛 or added more for effect. I think it's pretty phenomenal as I'm not sure many other cars could do it, with the same consistency and no issues.
As to my Turbo S, I have no idea how fast I could get to 60. It's already too fast. If the mods shaved off 0.1 seconds, I'd never know. What I DO know is that I'd smoke every single Emira without even trying! Oh, I like corners too 😈🤣

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Yes pretty incredible. I was told you could launch as many times as you wanted and it wouldn't affect the warranty. I guess most people only do it a few times early on in ownership anyway, but its still a testament to the quality of engineering as you say