• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Front axle noises and problems

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly what you are saying. Totally unacceptable.
Why can´t your dealer follow your video to Lotus HQ?
I'm not sure how is Lotus fault or my dealer fault....(I'm afraid the latter) in the meantime I've contacted another Lotus dealer, I've sent him the video and waiting for an appointment (which at the very earliest would be around 20th of February, I have the car detailed from this coming Saturday) and I've contacted also a local garage of my area to change the brake pads, while doing so I ask him as well to have a look.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
agree, I'm about to contact other dealers
Hey, really sorry to hear about your experience hope it will get resolved! Did you go to Lotus in Firenze or a different dealer ? I need to take my car in at the beginning of March for a few problems (steering pump, ground problem etc)

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey, really sorry to hear about your experience hope it will get resolved! Did you go to Lotus in Firenze or a different dealer ? I need to take my car in at the beginning of March for a few problems (steering pump, ground problem etc)
Yep, Firenze.....contacted another one now

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yep, Firenze.....contacted another one now
Oh such a shame.. where is the other closest dealer to you ? Turin or Milan ? I hope things will work out differently when I turn my car in and I won’t need to change dealers as you did as the closest one would prob be Roma (~2.5h drive instead of ~40m). I’ll update how they were.

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh such a shame.. where is the other closest dealer to you ? Turin or Milan ? I hope things will work out differently when I turn my car in and I won’t need to change dealers as you did as the closest one would prob be Roma (~2.5h drive instead of ~40m). I’ll update how they were.
I’m going to the Milan area, Turin way farer!

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quick update: after sending the email with the description and the videos of this post to the other dealer he said that most probably the issue is due to, and I'm quoting: "an anomaly regarding the entire fixing of the steering system", sounds very much the same thing Lafo Mamone suggested in his post
Had the same issue with creaking while slow turning, dealer fixed, they said its common, they tightened the bolts on the chassis plate. all good now!

I've booked already an appointment for the 20th of February, I'll leave the car there and they'll have a look in person.

I'll try to have as many details as possible in order to help others that may have the same issue

Let's keep fingers crossed that is something as simple as that

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
just a quick update:

regarding the Metallic noise at the bottom of the stroke they confirmed it is typical of the product, they tried with three other Emiras who have and all do it, there are no screws to tighten, loose movements of the frame or metal parts touching themselves, they checked everything, according to them it's the steering rack

regarding the Creaking noise when turning the steering wheel, they confirm that it is not normal and should not be there

in conclusion they are in contact with Lotus to replace the steering rack under warranty

In the meantime they found a whole series of overdue software updates: engine control unit, climate control, navigator...

they seem much more precise and scrupulous in their work, they answer questions promptly, also describing what they did and how that increase trust, they will most likely become my Lotus center of reference

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
just a quick update:
Glad to hear everything is working out for the better! They sound really professional, if I’ll have a problem with the dealer I’ll check them out.
I got my services + fix for a few things on 11/3 hopefully everything will go smoothly up in Firenze 🤞🏽

OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad to hear everything is working out for the better! They sound really professional, if I’ll have a problem with the dealer I’ll check them out.
I got my services + fix for a few things on 11/3 hopefully everything will go smoothly up in Firenze 🤞🏽
I hope so, keep me posted!!

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Put my car in with the dealer (in Firenze) on the 11/3 and after some diagnostic they sent me the following update regarding my problems:
Buongiorno
Stiamo effettuando tutte le direttive per la sua auto, per il problema al servosterzo abbiamo notato una piccola perdita alla pompa idroguida

Abbiamo già provveduto ad ordinare il materiale che sarà in arrivo presso la mia officina per il 25/03/2024quindi salvo imprevisti per il 27/03/2024 gli ridaremo la vettura

Per l’avviamento difficoltoso della vettura abbiamo trovato il polo positivo della batteria non serrato correttamente

L’infotainment era da aggiornare con l’ultima versione sw disponibile

Per il paraurti deve passare il nostro carrozziere almeno sistemiamo anche questo

Translation:
Good morning
We are carrying out all the directives for your car, due to the power steering problem we noticed a small leak in the power steering pump
We have already ordered the material which will arrive at my workshop by 03/25/2024 so barring unforeseen circumstances for 03/27/2024 we will give him the car back
Due to the difficult starting of the car we found the positive terminal of the battery not tightened correctly
The infotainment needed to be updated with the latest SW version available
Our body shop has to go through the bumper, at least we can fix this too.

So all in all seems they have figured out why the problems are occurring, we’ll see if the software updates help with the disconnection problems with CarPlay and the stall on first startup, in regards to the odd noise when turning the wheel that I had (added here for reference, just noticed you can also hear the same small metal bang when you reach the end like yours as well, I’ll update if it’s also gone when I get the car back) oil was low so they are replacing what ever is necessary (I’ll verify with them what was changed for the knowledge of the forum and so I’d know haha), and the bumper alignment problem is that the rear bumper doesn’t fit flush at both edges by ~2m”m so they said it would be fixed.
Regarding the staring problem with the positive terminal it refers to a returning problem I had that the car wouldn’t get any electricity and I had to touch the negative terminal of the battery to wake it each time it happened, maybe that was the cause ? Didn’t notice it was loss tho so we’ll see.
For now I’m pleased with the service lets see how the car will be when I get it back tho 🤞🏽

Attachments

• IMG_3184.mov
    16.3 MB
OP
A

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Put my car in with the dealer (in Firenze) on the 11/3 and after some diagnostic they sent me the following update regarding my problems:
Buongiorno
Stiamo effettuando tutte le direttive per la sua auto, per il problema al servosterzo abbiamo notato una piccola perdita alla pompa idroguida

Abbiamo già provveduto ad ordinare il materiale che sarà in arrivo presso la mia officina per il 25/03/2024quindi salvo imprevisti per il 27/03/2024 gli ridaremo la vettura

Per l’avviamento difficoltoso della vettura abbiamo trovato il polo positivo della batteria non serrato correttamente

L’infotainment era da aggiornare con l’ultima versione sw disponibile

Per il paraurti deve passare il nostro carrozziere almeno sistemiamo anche questo

Translation:
Good morning
We are carrying out all the directives for your car, due to the power steering problem we noticed a small leak in the power steering pump
We have already ordered the material which will arrive at my workshop by 03/25/2024 so barring unforeseen circumstances for 03/27/2024 we will give him the car back
Due to the difficult starting of the car we found the positive terminal of the battery not tightened correctly
The infotainment needed to be updated with the latest SW version available
Our body shop has to go through the bumper, at least we can fix this too.

So all in all seems they have figured out why the problems are occurring, we’ll see if the software updates help with the disconnection problems with CarPlay and the stall on first startup, in regards to the odd noise when turning the wheel that I had (added here for reference, just noticed you can also hear the same small metal bang when you reach the end like yours as well, I’ll update if it’s also gone when I get the car back) oil was low so they are replacing what ever is necessary (I’ll verify with them what was changed for the knowledge of the forum and so I’d know haha), and the bumper alignment problem is that the rear bumper doesn’t fit flush at both edges by ~2m”m so they said it would be fixed.
Regarding the staring problem with the positive terminal it refers to a returning problem I had that the car wouldn’t get any electricity and I had to touch the negative terminal of the battery to wake it each time it happened, maybe that was the cause ? Didn’t notice it was loss tho so we’ll see.
For now I’m pleased with the service lets see how the car will be when I get it back tho 🤞🏽
Same noise my car had, same solution, the one I have now is different.

Glad everything is going well with you!!! Most probably mine was only bad luck