Nice video featuring the 1st uk delivered car going in for ppf

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great vid with some more “NEW” content - was just about to post as well :).

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This really shows off the beauty of DV. Other than RHD, that's literally my spec. It looks good in the video, but it's going to be really interesting to see how it looks after ppf.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is it common to leave the factory PPF and carve the new PPF to fit around it? How obvious would the edges be? Looking forward to the next video.

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This really shows off the beauty of DV. Other than RHD, that's literally my spec. It looks good in the video, but it's going to be really interesting to see how it looks after ppf.
Im DV also, and saw DV in person for the first time yesterday at Lotus Prestbury, you will not be disappointed, easily the best colour!

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here it is

Attachments

• A7C8A95A-D0F4-4649-BFC0-E0D4CF3562B1.jpeg
    A7C8A95A-D0F4-4649-BFC0-E0D4CF3562B1.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 127

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Great video but in shock that Lotus delivered it without the black pack and it still has black tail pipes, they even called the customer to say do you want us to send you the silver tail pipes 🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

The Hethal circus continues 🤡

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Interesting about the orange 🍊 peel comment as one of the things I picked up from viewing a demo car on Friday. Surprising considering the investment in the paint process

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I mean who sitting at the Hethal quality control desk signing these cars off Stevie Wonder 😎

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
Is it common to leave the factory PPF and carve the new PPF to fit around it? How obvious would the edges be? Looking forward to the next video.
He actually said he would remove the factory PPF and fit new PPF to the whole panel, and then put a second layer of PPF in the high risk area where the original factory PPF was.

CheshireCat

Reaction score
I hve requested a quotefrom these guys for Full front, bonnet top roofline, mirrors, sills and rear arches. Impressed by the video and located in Telford Shropshire so good for Cheshire. They offer a 10 year guarentee which may be standard but inspires confidence.
The side sills in black gloss do look very vulnerable and I think it will be worth it.
Oakmere in Cheshire say they do have someone locally they can recommend, but probably in Manchester, not so good for me in South Cheshire.
Nimbus on order. I daren't show my wife the Verdant- she was keen on that rather than "old man silver".

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
He actually said he would remove the factory PPF and fit new PPF to the whole panel, and then put a second layer of PPF in the high risk area where the original factory PPF was.
Removing PPF is a real test of the quality of the paint job. I’ve seen horror stories of it taking factory paint off where it didn’t adhere properly. However, if the PPF is new maybe it can be removed with no issues?

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks. Must be the UK accent :giggle: