A bit of a configuration panic

Ian C

Reaction score
I had a bit of a panic yesterday when I had a call letting me know the car would be June rather than July. They checked the specification with me and it was different to what I thought I had ordered. I checked the configurator link and a number of changes had been made to the interior , privacy glass etc . It may have been my error but I have not looked at the configurator since I received the video of my car. The video matched my original spec. that I thought I had ordered .

Customer service have been excellent and sorted it out very quickly but it may be worth a quick double check that the configurator link that you had originally matches your order .

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had a bit of a panic yesterday when I had a call letting me know the car would be June rather than July. They checked the specification with me and it was different to what I thought I had ordered. I checked the configurator link and a number of changes had been made to the interior , privacy glass etc . It may have been my error but I have not looked at the configurator since I received the video of my car. The video matched my original spec. that I thought I had ordered .

Customer service have been excellent and sorted it out very quickly but it may be worth a quick double check that the configurator link that you had originally matches your order .
This is good advice. I sent my config code to my dealer and when they called me back to confirm my order it was not accurate. Both the interior color was wrong as was the privacy glass. I had them go line by line with me and send me a confirmation.

OP
I

Ian C

Reaction score
That was the problem on mine the interior and the privacy glass changed , I would have been very dissappointed when I picked it up

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That was the problem on mine the interior and the privacy glass changed , I would have been very dissappointed when I picked it up
This was my issue yesterday with privacy glass. Had 3rd call before xmas and changed interior colour. Interior was still showing old colour in Feb. Checked again yesterday and interior had changed but so had privacy glass.. It was the only thing I have ever been sure about! They have escalated but currently being told my build will be put back.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This is why everyone should have recieved an email after 3rd call thanking them for their order and highlighting the locked in specification

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lotus USA sends the dealer a approval letter with your confirmed specification… of which my sales person forwarded to me. Very surprised the don’t do the same for the UK… talk about stressful!
Yup you don't get anything (that I am aware of!)

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I asked they sent me an email with a link to my configuration. I have just checked the link still works, which it does, but the price has gone up by £81 for some reason. About to drop into the configurer to see if I can see what it is.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just checked and the tracker has gone up in price. It’s the only costed option I have!

Smudger

Reaction score
When I asked they sent me an email with a link to my configuration. I have just checked the link still works, which it does, but the price has gone up by £81 for some reason. About to drop into the configurer to see if I can see what it is.
I'd picked up that increase as well, made an earlier post. £50 is down to tracker cost going up to £550, no idea where the other £31 has been snaffled.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can’t easily spot the difference as Lotus don’t send any kind of receipt against a spec. I have a screen shot of my configuration code with the price. If I put same into configurer now it comes up £81 more. If I click the link they sent me as part of my confirmation email it is also £81 more. I will ask Customer Services next week.