V6 FE drop out to base edition?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How many are waiting patiently for the base edition? When the base edition configurator becomes available soon - will you be tempted to cost up your desired spec and if you get a substantial saving will you be tempted to wait ? maybe especially to get a different colour ? Wonder if we will see any drop outs of the FE as opt for base spec instead 🤔

Last edited:

AGP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm probably going to go with the I4 base, but to keep all options open. I am thinking to go ahead and configure the I4 FE and wait to see what happens when they announce the I4 Base prices and options list? I'm hoping that I will be able to change my order and keep my place at the front of the que for the I4 Base at that point?
Not sure if anyone has done this with the V6FE and now changing to I4FE?

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
How many are waiting patiently for the base edition? When the base edition configurator becomes available soon - will you be tempted to cost up your desired spec and if you get a substantial saving will you be tempted to wait ? maybe especially to get a different colour ? Wonder if we will see any drop outs ? 🤔
I think I will wait but as a relatively early depositor it’s frustrating. Will probably be 20 months by the time it appears.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How many are waiting patiently for the base edition? When the base edition configurator becomes available soon - will you be tempted to cost up your desired spec and if you get a substantial saving will you be tempted to wait ? maybe especially to get a different colour ? Wonder if we will see any drop outs ? 🤔
I did consider this,but...

-The options I want from different "packs"
-leather
-calipers
-paint colour choice
-Black alloys

Will possibly all add up to the cost of the first edition anyway,plus inflation is a factor.

I'd rather get my first edition in June with everything and go for a wrap if I want to change colour down the line

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
How many are waiting patiently for the base edition? When the base edition configurator becomes available soon - will you be tempted to cost up your desired spec and if you get a substantial saving will you be tempted to wait ? maybe especially to get a different colour ? Wonder if we will see any drop outs of the FE as opt for base spec instead 🤔
It won't be available until summer. So after cut off for those with cars dropping June to September probably

CraigO

Reaction score
I think I was really always heading to the base i4 model from day one. I really wanted DCT, and the AMG unit is highly regarded, so that plus lightly optioned, paint, convenience pack, calipers, and not much more TBH. The i4 FE feels expensive at the side of a decent spec Cayman.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think I was really always heading to the base i4 model from day one. I really wanted DCT, and the AMG unit is highly regarded, so that plus lightly optioned, paint, convenience pack, calipers, and not much more TBH. The i4 FE feels expensive at the side of a decent spec Cayman.
I specced up a Cayman S with all the options that the FE has - it really wasn't much different, and the Cayman just looks ordinary to me..

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wanted a BE to begin with and that's what I put down my initial deposit for.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’d love to be able to spec a base with no cruise control, manual seats, no reversing camera etc. but chances are if I wait they will still be there, with ADAS added on. So probably keep FE build slot.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was always thinking i4FE but now starting to lean towards the base. I want leather seats, forged alloys and coloured callipers- I can live without 300w stereo and 12way seats etc etc

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
As an FE deposit holder but not signed up until Sept, I dont think I'd be getting my FE until the end of the year or early 2023, but I think I'll postpone any final decision until I've 1) drive then car 2) seen the Base V6 price & options. All the FE options are nice, but only a few are critical for me, so if Base = saving but still get the Emira I want then that is a strong appeal, the longer I wait the less finance needed too which saves more money :)
Im just one of those people who like to weigh up all options and spending up to £80k on a car it has to be spot on!

Reactions: AGP

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 8.51.35 AM.png

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@Leonard depends on cost of paint and if you prefer those colors IMO. 10k for a better stereo, wheels and some seats basically. Personally I think I'll save that 10k and buy higher quality wheels and a much better stereo for less. The seats on the Emira are a hot topic anyway so who knows if there is a genuine difference between the cheaper seats and if they're even worth keeping

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If the FE prices are held for 2022, it will look like very good value compared to a base spec car. Lotus have 2 options for the BE, reduce what's included to keep the entry price as low as possible, and/or raise the price due to increases in materials, inflation, demand etc. I'd be very surprised if the Emira doesn't increase by 10-20% in 2023.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Leonard depends on cost of paint and if you prefer those colors IMO. 10k for a better stereo, wheels and some seats basically. Personally I think I'll save that 10k and buy higher quality wheels and a much better stereo for less. The seats on the Emira are a hot topic anyway so who knows if there is a genuine difference between the cheaper seats and if they're even worth keeping
You need to revisit the options, it's a lot more than wheels, stereo, seats and paint. IF its £15k of extras, you are getting them for significantly less. But hey we don't know until base prices released...

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If the FE prices are held for 2022, it will look like very good value compared to a base spec car. Lotus have 2 options for the BE, reduce what's included to keep the entry price as low as possible, and/or raise the price due to increases in materials, inflation, demand etc. I'd be very surprised if the Emira doesn't increase by 10-20% in 2023.
agreed.

i can easily see things like climate control and other standards on the Base edition becoming an added cost if they were to honour the below 60k mark.

If i recall correctly, the change in colour on the Evora's alike were circa £2k+ - add that in to the cost savings of an FE.
Plus Nappa seats
Plus Stereo (which i could care less about)
Plus calipers
plus alloys colour
Plus Drivers packs - again looking at at least £1500 for a pack (surely)
Plus FE V6 is only £4k more than the i4 fe - whereas at base the v6 is £5k more....

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You need to revisit the options, it's a lot more than wheels, stereo, seats and paint. IF its £15k of extras, you are getting them for significantly less. But hey we don't know until base prices released...
no doubt the option price is being adjusted upwards due to market conditions